Is it the Seahawks or is it Seattle?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3t36gddn said:
Which is what I think he really wants, he has desires to own a franchise, he wants to be involved in the operations side now to understand how it's really done.

You're right, but he thinks the NFL can be run like the NBA where the stars run the league and force owners and GM's to do what they want like we just saw Harden do, or Lebron did when he went to South Beach.

That's not how the NFL works. Stars have power, but they don't have anywhere near the power that NBA players have to do this sort of stuff.

So sure, keep Russell in the personnel discussion loop in an advisory role. But allowing him to make those final decisions? Nope, because players are bad at it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And there is zero proof that he has ever made the decision on a player. Making suggestions is something that MANY players have likely done over the years. So? Why wouldn't a franchise QB want to make his opinion be known? I suspect most of them do. But actually making final decisions, nah.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1idqcyk5 said:
And there is zero proof that he has ever made the decision on a player. Making suggestions is something that MANY players have likely done over the years. So? Why wouldn't a franchise QB want to make his opinion be known? I suspect most of them do. But actually making final decisions, nah.

The decision? No. Lobbied and made it publicly and privately known he wants players? Absolutely.

Why Russell says stuff through the press IMO is bad for him, and the team. How do you think his O-lineman took his statement about not getting enough help protecting him? You think that went over well with Duane Brown who's played through painful injuries to protect Russ's ass?

I love Russ, glad he's our QB. But I don't like this stuff. He needs to keep it in house and stop floating statements through the media.

He's undermining his teammates and organization..............but maybe that's his intent. He wants out, and is laying the groundwork for leaving next year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All in how you look at it. Still feels like a major exaggeration, but oh well.
Sure seems like people are acting like he's been some career problem child. Which he has NEVER been a problem and/or bad teammate. It is extremely rare that something like this has ever happened with Russ. I'm just not sure why he seems to have a different standard when players all over the league voice their opinions. Someone asked a question, he answered it. Could it have been done behind closed doors? Sure. Pushing himself out of town? Well, that's a matter of OPINION. It's not fact, just because fans say it is. Not sure why some have decided to make it sound like he's done this multiple times, or it's some regular thing. Makes no sense to me.
But, my opinion holds little to nothing on here. And that's fine.
Talking football is a good thing, and something I look forward to on here. Just a lot less these days.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":13penfcr said:
All in how you look at it. Still feels like a major exaggeration, but oh well.
Sure seems like people are acting like he's been some career problem child. Which he has NEVER been a problem and/or bad teammate. It is extremely rare that something like this has ever happened with Russ. I'm just not sure why he seems to have a different standard when players all over the league voice their opinions. Someone asked a question, he answered it. Could it have been done behind closed doors? Sure. Pushing himself out of town? Well, that's a matter of OPINION. It's not fact, just because fans say it is. Not sure why some have decided to make it sound like he's done this multiple times, or it's some regular thing. Makes no sense to me.
But, my opinion holds little to nothing on here. And that's fine.
Talking football is a good thing, and something I look forward to on here. Just a lot less these days.
It could be an exaggeration, but there's no doubt that it has been a coordinated effort by his team. What their end goal is, who knows. I can't personally see any possible result that benefits Russell with the exception of laying the ground work to have an "excuse" to get out in the greater public's eyes. Any other possible outcome of this move is bad for Russell and the team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rigelian":1ov0rs2z said:
I think it's simply that Russell is getting older and is realizing that he can't keep on getting hit as often as he does and extend his career as long as he wants.

Ah, Occam's Razor. Well played.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Aros":1adtht3q said:
rigelian":1adtht3q said:
I think it's simply that Russell is getting older and is realizing that he can't keep on getting hit as often as he does and extend his career as long as he wants.

Ah, Occam's Razor. Well played.
I've thought about that and if he would of phrased it that way, something like, "400 sacks is too many. I'm tired of getting hit so much. I gonna need better protection going forward because I'm not gonna be able to run around like this for ever".

If he had said anything including something like that last part, this ends with that interview and is probably never a story. If he had come out and added something like that post interview when everyone was running wild with the story, this whole thing dies at that point. So far though, none of that has or did happen and a couple other leaks popped up basically doubling down on the media narrative. I'm inclined to think this campaign has something to do with higher level issues and the on field stuff is just the vehicle to deliver the message.

getnasty

Reaction score
Where is Russell going that gives him a better shot a winning right now? Maybe Miami but their talent at the skill postion is absolutely horrible. If he cares at all about winning he's in the best spot.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":r3x4dwdi said:
Where is Russell going that gives him a better shot a winning right now? Maybe Miami but their talent at the skill postion is absolutely horrible. If he cares at all about winning he's in the best spot.

New Orleans....
San Francisco..........
Washington.................

getnasty

Reaction score
chris98251":tct4taxn said:
getnasty":tct4taxn said:

New Orleans....
San Francisco..........

If he were traded and that's a big if, it wouldn't within the division and probably not even within the conference.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Look at the downtown of a once great city (Seattle) there is your answer.....its the 2nd worst PNW city now...

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":3esrfud5 said:
chris98251":3esrfud5 said:
getnasty":3esrfud5 said:

New Orleans....
San Francisco..........

If he were traded and that's a big if, it wouldn't within the division and probably not even within the conference.

You are correct in theory, but you also have to work with who has things to offer and who Wilson will accept a trade with, I chose those three teams because they are a QB away from a big push and have Coaches that are QB friendly as well as have been creative in the past making things happen.

If Wilson is a cancer in John and Pete's eyes you cut it out and take the best you can get, Wilson has a say as well.

The problem with the AFC is most teams suck or have a QB already that are rising. Patriots may be a place, but not sure Wilson and Belichek can work together given personalities, Bill sounds a lot like his NC Coach who demoted him and why he Transferred to Wisconsin.

Wilson I do not think wants to go places in total rebuild mode.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think Russ wants to go play in a market he would be able to make more money outside of football. I know he talks about legacy but he had some awful games the past 2 Years. Not seeing the whole field or whatever. He doesn’t want to get hit then he should think about going to NE where he will have to get the ball out in 1.5 seconds. I think we will know next year how Russ really feels. But either way the Hawks better start looking for a backup who can actually play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkinNY":9d7pazzo said:
I think Russ wants to go play in a market he would be able to make more money outside of football. I know he talks about legacy but he had some awful games the past 2 Years. Not seeing the whole field or whatever. He doesn’t want to get hit then he should think about going to NE where he will have to get the ball out in 1.5 seconds. I think we will know next year how Russ really feels. But either way the Hawks better start looking for a backup who can actually play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will have an issue going forward, unless we completely change our system nobody is going to measure up to what we have with Wilson. Trying to follow a Brady, Manning, Wilson, Brees, Rodgers is almost impossible, San Diego is looking good with Herbert right now, but we will have to see if he maintains his play.

The expectations will be higher then trying to follow Lynch in our backfield.