Is it time to Sign Deandre Baker?

godawg

Reaction score
Armed robbery charges are being dropped against Deandre Baker, while extortion charges are being filed against the attorney for the "victims/witnesses." Given how short-handed we are at CB, should we take a flyer on Baker, who was drafted by the Giants in the first round in 2019? Perhaps Baker can be more successful on the playing field in stealing a few passes that come his way.

PNW

Reaction score
Yes at least bring him in and get a feel for where he’s at. We need major help at CB right now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Might as well..We need CB's (good ones) bad.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We all know from dealing with Reed and Gordon's suspensions that legal acquittals don't equal escape from the almighty arbitrary Goodell suspensions.

So yeah, maybe you could get 4-5 games out of Baker before Goodell comes down with the ban hammer, or maybe even into next year. But eventually he's looking at nice long suspension, at LEAST eight games, if not longer.

As desperate as we are for good CB's, this one feels pretty skeevy to me.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Cyrus12":8yovv84z said:
Yep..him and Dunbar have great chemistry

Yea they could do a bang up job.
Probably steal the show.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I am reading Over the Cap right, but it looks like we have $3,257,621 cap space. I am all for bringing him in. We need help at CB. Giants traded up with the Seahawks to pick him at #30. Would be a nice twist if he ended up on our roster.

W

Welshers

Sgt. Largent":38lib9nl said:
We all know from dealing with Reed and Gordon's suspensions that legal acquittals don't equal escape from the almighty arbitrary Goodell suspensions.

So yeah, maybe you could get 4-5 games out of Baker before Goodell comes down with the ban hammer, or maybe even into next year. But eventually he's looking at nice long suspension, at LEAST eight games, if not longer.

As desperate as we are for good CB's, this one feels pretty skeevy to me.
I doubt Goodell suspends him for this. He's starting to look like a victim in the whole situation. He can likely even take legal action against his accusers in the form of a lawsuit if he wishes.

knownone

Reaction score
Apparently, he had effort issues, and he was bit of a headcase for the Giants. That's on top of being just short of very bad last season.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a long term project, but I don't think he'd be a factor for us this season. After everything he's been through, I just don't see how he's going to come in, learn a new defense in the middle of the season, and make a positive impact on this team.

Atradees

Reaction score
Can we just get guys that stay healthy and play football? Man coverage please. Nothing fancy; jar him at the line follow him around.

Own The West

Reaction score
We don't need any more players on D. We need some continuity so guys can learn the defense and improve the play speed.

Latest posts