Jacob Eason named UW Huskies’ starting quarterback

D

DomeHawk

therealjohncarlson":2eln1ylz said:
IMO people getting at angry for college players for transferring is the most nonsensical thing in sports people argue against. So you have 4 years to prove yourself and try to make yourself a living off this sport.. and you are supposed to just sit on the sidelines like a good little boy and have "loyalty"?? Heck with that.. if it's me I'm doing everything I can to use those 4 years to scratch and claw my way into showing enough to hopefully one day make in onto an NFL roster.

Transfer.. not transfer, whatever it takes. Unless the college team is going to pay for me to then not play in the NFL cause I did't start in college? Oh what's that you say, they won't?? What happened to loyalty?? Or is that only something players are supposed to do for the team and not vice-versa??

" 'Loyalty'? heck with that." Yeah, that's today's approach BUT the school has provided loyalty to him, they have given him a free education, room and board, and the opportunity to travel to many places he may not have been able to. And, what about loyalty to his teammates? And where did you ever get the idea that playing college ball was necessarily a path to the NFL when so few make that transition?

Not suggesting that he shouldn't transfer if he wants and NOT angry because he transferred but HOW he transferred. The day after he is not named the starter he transfers. It's nothing more that a temper tantrum because he is the petulant child that didn't get his way. Not the way you do things.

He's backpedaling now with comments to the media so I hope this is a lesson in comportment for him because that kind of stuff follows you around.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":3ffy9f99 said:
In my mind this was bound to happen, Huskies have been winning and getting top QB talent to sign the last couple years, all of them feel they are starters and this generations mentality is a lot more quit and move on then fight and take the spot. Eason may not pan out when it comes to game day, we have seen it before and the back up comes in and wins the spot.

We have a good stable still, but many times these guys move on and will try to latch on somewhere that already has a starter in place also and then their careers end up as non remembered.

True enough and there aren't any guarantees with Eason either. He has been handed the rock though, it's his baby now.