Jacob Martin reunion?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just saw he was released by the Broncos. I think at this point in FA he can be had at the vet min with little to none guarantees.

I think he was a collegiate LBer we tried to develop has a light end before he was traded for Clowney but could be a decent fit at OLB.

He profiles similar to Uchenna Nwosu.

I think it would be a low key quality signing if Martin and the other young pass-rush types show promise in camp (Mafe, Hall, Smith) it could allow the Seahawks to possibly dangle Darrell Taylor (who’s best fit is probably 4-3 end) to another team for maybe a ‘24 3rd round pick or a bigger DLine body if they feel they still need help.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Yes please! I was upset when we traded him, would love to get him back on the team!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Would be a great story if they did pick him up and he contributes, but I don't see it happening.

They currently have significantly better Edge options than Jacob Martin. He's been in the league for 5 years and he's averaging 3 sacks/yr. and 3 TFL/year... and that's with averaging about 35% of the defensive snaps of his teams.

So, he's been a situational Edge rusher in the league for 5 years that's really not that productive. Pass, particularly with our precarious cap space situation.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Would be a great story if they did pick him up and he contributes, but I don't see it happening.

They currently have significantly better Edge options than Jacob Martin. He's been in the league for 5 years and he's averaging 3 sacks/yr. and 3 TFL/year... and that's with averaging about 35% of the defensive snaps of his teams.

So, he's been a situational Edge rusher in the league for 5 years that's really not that productive. Pass, particularly with our precarious cap space situation.
Not even for a 1 year, vet minimum deal?