Jalen Hurts earns masters degree in hr

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
"The online Master of Human Relations (MHR) combines theoretical perspectives from social sciences, humanities and the world of work and service. With two specializations available, this degree gives you the knowledge and practical skills to work in Human Relations, leadership and talent management, general management and other human skills roles."

If you work in a technical field and your boss has a masters in human relations and no technical knowledge; run!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
"The online Master of Human Relations (MHR) combines theoretical perspectives from social sciences, humanities and the world of work and service. With two specializations available, this degree gives you the knowledge and practical skills to work in Human Relations, leadership and talent management, general management and other human skills roles."

If you work in a technical field and your boss has a masters in human relations and no technical knowledge; run!

…unless that guy is your hr manager, in which case nowhere to run

knownone

Reaction score
What's the problem? He went out of his way to finish his degree—props to him.

Crizilla

Reaction score

Agreed. HR is just one piece of the pie at a company.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm glad to see it. With the amount of money he's set to earn in the NFL, it's unlikely that he'll ever need it for a career, but it's a nice example to set for all those wannabe college players of whom very few will ever make it on an NFL club.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Whenever I hear of an NFL players with a liberal arts degree I often think that will never be used. I am most impressed with players who have a serious degree 3 players come to mind is Josh Dobbs who has a degree in Aerospace Engineering, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif who is a medical doctor who left the NFL during Covid to help out, and John Urschel who was an OG for the Ravens who retired at 26 yrs of age has a Masters degree from Penn State and a PHD from MIT in Mathematics.

Urschel has been the most impressive since leaving the NFL

balakoth

Reaction score
I'm glad to see it. With the amount of money he's set to earn in the NFL, it's unlikely that he'll ever need it for a career, but it's a nice example to set for all those wannabe college players of whom very few will ever make it on an NFL club.
Nor is it a degree that would get you a career.

Congrats on having the expendable money to get your masters degree in.. Human resources...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RiverDog

Reaction score
Whenever I hear of an NFL players with a liberal arts degree I often think that will never be used. I am most impressed with players who have a serious degree 3 players come to mind is Josh Dobbs who has a degree in Aerospace Engineering, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif who is a medical doctor who left the NFL during Covid to help out, and John Urschel who was an OG for the Ravens who retired at 26 yrs of age has a Masters degree from Penn State and a PHD from MIT in Mathematics.

Urschel has been the most impressive since leaving the NFL
Anyone in here remember Dan Doornink? He earned his MD while playing for the Hawks and once his football career was over, he was a primary care provider in the Yakima Valley for decades, nearly died of Covid, likely acquired while treating his patients, having voluntarily delayed his retirement to help with the crisis when the pandemic broke out:

morgulon1

Reaction score