Jamarco Jones

toffee

Reaction score
Jamarco play almost the whole game against Ram's star DL. He didn't embarrass himself, wasn't a liability, in fact he sort of stabilized the line. So happy we have him back and he may be a better option than Pocic.

GLio14

Reaction score
Jamarco was always good. We got him at good value at the draft. Glad to see he's filling in well.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
He was the slowest linemen at the combine, TOM CABLE will never drafted him.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
On this Lockett TD, #73 Jamarco was one on one against #99 Aaron Donald, Russ had 7.3 seconds.

[youtube]OdFCe-Mxj-s[/youtube]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If Jones can sustain his performance while Fluker is out, I hope the reward him with letting him stay at RG. Guy might not hold up well against speed rushers on an island but he looks to have potential as an OG. It might have been since Chris Gray since I’ve seen rather technically sound play at RG.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
It would be awesome if he could end up being half the player that another lineman with the last name "Jones" was.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Purportedly Jamarco never played guard, always a tackle.

Jville

Reaction score
Taehwk":2r1ndubj said:
Here is a look at some of his snaps against the Rams

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesThomasH ... 0402676736

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing!

There really is a big trade off between an oversized mauler like D.J. Fluker and someone more fluid that can better mirror like ....... Jamarco Jones obviously can. The difference showed up when comparing #70 Mike Iupati and #73 Jamarco Jones in those clips. It's Iupati that really needs the help from #68 Justin Britt. I can see the usefulness in featuring one oversized mauler but two invite a lot of risk to pass blocking. I'd like to think Jamarco Jones gave us an encouaging glimpse on Thursday night of the future. Mike Solari has has some viable options to work with for the rest of the year. October could get interesting. :2thumbs:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1180222690499661824[/tweet]

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":3mxkv3b4 said:
Taehwk":3mxkv3b4 said:
Here is a look at some of his snaps against the Rams

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesThomasH ... 0402676736

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing!

There really is a big trade off between an oversized mauler like D.J. Fluker and someone more fluid that can better mirror like ....... Jamarco Jones obviously can. The difference showed up when comparing #70 Mike Iupati and #73 Jamarco Jones in those clips. It's Iupati that really needs the help from #68 Justin Britt. I can see the usefulness in featuring one oversized mauler but two invite a lot of risk to pass blocking. I'd like to think Jamarco Jones gave us an encouaging glimpse on Thursday night of the future. Mike Solari has has some viable options to work with for the rest of the year. October could get interesting. :2thumbs:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1180222690499661824[/tweet]

95%?? May wanna start Jamarco at RG for the rest of the season and Fluker in for some power run plays.

THE TABS

Reaction score
With Pete’s mantra of Always Compete, along with the annual overall ineffectiveness of the offensive line, it absolutely floors me that Jones wasn’t in the lineup to begin with.

I don’t care where he plays, but from now on, he needs to be out there.

Polk738

Reaction score
Any lineman that gets a 95% pass block win rate against a DL featuring Aaron Donald should automatically win a starting job.

justafan

Reaction score
Thank you for the links. Holy crap he looked amazing. Fluker will never unseat him if he keeps that up.

Im gonna have to watch the game again now.

hawk45

Reaction score
That is flat ridiculous that he more than held his own v Donald playing a position he's never played in a game, on the other side of the line. Hell, his pass pro may have been the difference between the Donald show early and Wilson having time later on.

What's the case for even putting Fluker back in? I mean it's one performance, but my vote is we see if he can replicate it before we pull that man off the field. It's not like he was crappy at run blocking either. The way he used his long arms was just exquisite, as was his footwork, I can see why he played tackle in college.

justafan

Reaction score
hawk45":6do70ju0 said:
That is flat ridiculous that he more than held his own v Donald playing a position he's never played in a game, on the other side of the line. Hell, his pass pro may have been the difference between the Donald show early and Wilson having time later on.

What's the case for even putting Fluker back in? I mean it's one performance, but my vote is we see if he can replicate it before we pull that man off the field. It's not like he was crappy at run blocking either. The way he used his long arms was just exquisite, as was his footwork, I can see why he played tackle in college.

Couldnt agree more. It would be interesting to see him at right tackle except you could see Russ trusting him and stepping up into the pocket several times. Top notch pass blocking guards is something this team has lacked. Hopefully he is the answer

hawk45

Reaction score
What's more: does anyone remember how Ifedi sucked at guard when we were trying him out at different positions because he couldn't hold his own at RT? Anyone think Ifedi stones Donald even once? Hang on a second I'm breathless from laughter.

If Jones can do that at RG, he might be able to do it at LG. If he uses his length and footwork (those stabbing hands were a thing of beauty) that well, would any of us really tear our hair out if he was called on to play some RT if Ifedi gets dinged?

I need to calm down since it was just one game, but the prospect of having a versatile guy who is actually *good* at different positions is getting me freaking excited.

Helluva game for that kid, we were all waiting to see him in action and boy he did not disappoint.

jmahon316

Reaction score
hawk45":3kx1sb0q said:

I think this is Fluker's last year on contract. If we can get him on the cheap, he might be a back-up behind Jones.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Didn't know that Jamarco was versatile till this game, but guessing Solaris knew. The thing is he not only wasn't abused, he actually handled Aaron fu*king Donald.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I wondered initially why our backup left tackle replaced Fluker instead of Joey Hunt or sliding Ifedi back inside and having Fant play RT.

But clearly they've seen something with Jamarco and felt most confident with him in there. Kind of wonder if we shouldn't have Jones playing LG instead of the pylon that is Iupati. But I guess they need him healthy in case Brown's injury worsens.