James Carpenter

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I really hope he gets healthy. I think he ceiling is being the best run blocking OG in the league. He is capable of destroying people, but he needs to be healthy and learn his trade

Hawks46

Reaction score
Flexibility is the last thing to come back with an ACL. Not to worried there.

Also not worried about the whole Tackle experiment. This is the perfect example of why Tackles have so much value....if they wash out at Tackle, many times they end up being good Guards. Kind of two-fer one type of deal.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
If Carp can come around and stay healthy he is really going to help us with our interior pass blocking. Those kind of physical space eaters can match up with the big bull rushers that cause problems for smaller guards. I'm pulling for him.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2fdanrbv said:
Flexibility is the last thing to come back with an ACL. Not to worried there.

Also not worried about the whole Tackle experiment. This is the perfect example of why Tackles have so much value....if they wash out at Tackle, many times they end up being good Guards. Kind of two-fer one type of deal.

Not all of them can do that effectively.

I'm pulling for Carpenter. Much in the same way I pulled for Marcus Tubbs. Carp is a behemoth of a man who could instantly elevate our OL play if he could just stay on the field.

pehawk

Reaction score
Carp also busted his hump to return to the field last year. He didn't have to. He deserves serious props for doing that.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Love the guy and think that he will bounce back big time! He's big enough, he could just fall on dudes then Russell could scramble across his back for a first down/touchdown. *thumbsup*

kidhawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":l837vwwd said:
kidhawk":l837vwwd said:
themunn":l837vwwd said:
He's going to be yet another injury bust like other high O-Line picks in recent years like Okung and Unger

yes, because as we all saw last year, Okung and Unger are just a couple of out of the league scrubs who can't even get a gig in the Arena league :roll:

I would venture to say that you completely missed the sarcasm in that post.

Or you missed the sarcasm in the reply :th2thumbs:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm rooting for CARP big-time. I forsee the combo of -- Okung, Carp, and Unger being the best Left side of the NFL this year. I think he's got the talent to solidy our OL. Hopefully he can do it. Both Unger, and Okung overcame injuries early in their career and have become great players, so I'm confident Carp can do it.

I still expect us to draft a tackle (to give Breno competition). I think with a year of seasoning we'll see Sweezy take hold of the RG spot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If Enforcer Cable/Papa Pete/Uncle John aren't very comfortable with him being a good starter going forward, we need to draft an O-lineman in round 3 or 4. Round 2, I hope we get the best DT on the board for us.

ivotuk

Reaction score
kidhawk":13x0eryl said:
CurryStopstheRuns":13x0eryl said:
kidhawk":13x0eryl said:
He's going to be yet another injury bust like other high O-Line picks in recent years like Okung and Unger

yes, because as we all saw last year, Okung and Unger are just a couple of out of the league scrubs who can't even get a gig in the Arena league :roll:

I'll see your sarcasm and raise you a smirk!

SirTed

Reaction score
To my untrained eye, even when Carpenter was "healthy" (if he ever was as a Seahawk) - he looked EXTREMELY top heavy and disproportionate. The fact that he's the strongest guy on the team is great, but I don't think upper body was ever the issue with that guy. I think he needs to balance his body out a bit better, get some lower body strength, maybe even slim down just a little. But the problem is, all these lower body injuries really affect his ability work out that lower body. I'm afraid it's going to be a vicious cycle with him, and that we'll never get to see how good he can be.

I REALLY hope I am wrong - and I could be, easily. I don't really know what it takes to play OL in the NFL - maybe his body looks just like the team wants it to.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":huycc0j0 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":huycc0j0 said:
kidhawk":huycc0j0 said:

ivotuk":huycc0j0 said:
I'll see your sarcasm and raise you a smirk!

Wel played :thirishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":1of8qp68 said:
He became an easy, and lazy, whipping boy by Seahawks fans. I don't think he was ever going to be a Tackle long term here, but, he was somewhat thrust into those duties. He didn't play well, but certainly wasn't the nightmare others made him out to be.

If he was never going to be a tackle, then why'd we take him in the 1st round?

The nightmare comes from being an under performing often injured first round pick. Not all his fault obviously, but that's why he's been a whipping boy. 1st round = high expectations.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score

Actually that's one of the advantages to taking a tackle in the first round if they can't play outside sometimes they turn into great players inside (Robert Gallery), if you draft a guard in the 1st round and he can't play inside there is nowhere for him to go.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29nnyec7 said:

Because the Seahawks we're the only team to work Carp at guard prior to the draft.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2bm6hgw4 said:
I really hope he gets healthy. I think he ceiling is being the best run blocking OG in the league. He is capable of destroying people, but he needs to be healthy and learn his trade

agree with you there. THe man has the size and strength to be a flat out mauler in the run game.