Jed York hopes for POTUS invite post SB, Sherm won't go

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3kx8ggwu said:
SantaClaraHawk":3kx8ggwu said:
When only a "small" number of Eagles players decided to go, Trump canceled the invitation.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump ... 2018-06-04

I'd bet KS/JL goes along with Jed, and any players' decision to go or not should be respected. By everyone including the POTUS.
Bwa ha ha ha.............

Well, ya. Him. Doesn't mean everyone else can't be adults in the room.

2_0_6

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":385v15o7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":385v15o7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":385v15o7 said:
When only a "small" number of Eagles players decided to go, Trump canceled the invitation.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump ... 2018-06-04

I'd bet KS/JL goes along with Jed, and any players' decision to go or not should be respected. By everyone including the POTUS.
Bwa ha ha ha.............

Well, ya. Him. Doesn't mean everyone else can't be adults in the room.

This

Marvin49

Reaction score
Yeah...this is really a non-story.

Yorks entire point was that he hopes they are in the position to get an invite, IE they win the SB.

York is a very liberal owner and not a fan of Donald Trump.

York after Trump comments RE kneeling players...

DKcLC7rUMAAf q2formatjpgnamesmall

My guess is that IF they are in that position and IF they get the invite (not at all a given with above quote and the presidents forgiving nature and that Nancy Pelosi is a Niners fan), York will give the players their choice.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":hkgmra31 said:
SantaClaraHawk":hkgmra31 said:
I bet that's how Jed (or alternatively, whoever owns the Chiefs) handles it.

I think some players will want to regardless of political view just to have the experience of a White House ceremony for them. Appearance doesn't imply endorsement.

It only gets interesting (I think) if:

(A) The 9ers win the Super Bowl (duh)

and

(B) If left to their own devices Jed, Lynch, and Shanahan all wouldn't accept an invitation.

No matter how big or how small, you do need at least one of the three of them there to lead the delegation.

After all the caveats of needing to win the Super Bowl first, I do think this is what Jed was kind of getting at with regards to respecting the office and such; he was basically saying IF the 49ers win he'd lead the delegation of players who wanted to go out of respect for the office, even if he's not a fan of who is holding it right now.

Agreed.

The way I look at it none of this matters until we see the final score on Sunday (holy smokes, just kinda hit me the game is this sunday...lol).

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
As I recall, Jed was one of the owners that got the NFL to stop it with their rule saying if players didn't like the anthem, they needed to stay in the locker room.

Clearly from the Tweet above, that wasn't enough for POTUS. The Eagles failing to show up with however many/whoever Trump wanted was also not enough.

If Trump wants to throw a hissy over that in an election year, he just guarantees that dozens more players are gonna sit. The controversy is basically over, but he can reignite it.

Hawkwind

Reaction score
Cyrus12":6s0q1spb said:
Thought you guys lived in a democracy?

That, along with the rule of law, has very recently gone out the window.

SantaClaraHawk":6s0q1spb said:
I think some players will want to regardless of political view just to have the experience of a White House ceremony for them.

Yeah, who could resist the veritable feast of cold "hamberders" and buckets of KFC?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I kinda think it’s stupid for our sports teams to visit the White House after winning a championship. I believe we put to much stock into our athletes and celebrities in this country to begin with. Having a local parade is one thing. But having a big ceremony at the White House is just dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjas77

Reaction score
So I take it Sherman isn't going the White House invite?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rjas77":28qsfxaf said:
So I take it Sherman isn't going the White House invite?
None of the Niners are going, there has been a change in the itinerary.
8)