Jody Allen needs to take control of this team.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2idonq6a said:
FresnoHawk68":2idonq6a said:
Spin Doctor":2idonq6a said:
bmorepunk":2idonq6a said:
Yes, hopefully she can bring the kind of Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones owner mentality that brings the kind of greatness that only an overactive owner can.
Nobody is saying she should be Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones, that is just a strawman argument. Paul Allen wasn't exactly a passive owner either like some like to paint him out to be. He held regular meetings with the coaches and players. Allen let his coaches do and front office do their thing, but would immediately intervene if he sensed something was wrong. He gave the football people room to work, but also didn't give them unchecked power. Allen was, quite frankly probably the best owner in the NFL.

Jody Allen is just there. She gave Carroll a five year extension, something Paul Allen never did himself. The view around the league is that Carroll has unchecked power at the moment. People mention Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones, but there is another sort of toxic owner. People like Mike Brown that are completely hands off and don't really care one way or another. They just let things happen and fester.

I can guarantee you one thing, Paul Allen would be intervening in this situation if he were still alive. Does that mean Carroll gets fired? No, it does mean that perhaps he would walk back some of Carroll's power or mediate though. Perhaps he would give Wilson more of a say in the offense and strategy going forward, or maybe it would mean he does give Wilson his prefered pick of coordinators. There are many actions Paul Allen could take outside of "fire Pete" although that very well could be on the table if he felt that Carroll has lost control of the team or he felt he didn't like the direction.

Paul Allen gave Pete the power!
Yes, he did give Carroll that power, but as I said -- Carroll had to answer to Paul Allen. They would meet often to discuss the direction of the franchise. Allen made Pete account for his actions or lack thereof. There is no Paul Allen figure anymore, instead we have a placeholder owner. Pete Carroll has nobody that he is accountable to right now. Carroll is acting as the defacto owner. He's managing every bit of the franchise. With Paul Allen, Carroll had to justify his actions. Don't you think that Paul Allen would have a thing to or two that he would like to say in this situation and how it has been handled? Especially since Allen and Wilson were close on a personal level.

Another thing to consider here is that Paul Allen has also been known to strip powers from his coaches when the situation calls for it. Consider when Holmgren first came here. Holmgren was GM and was doing a poor job of drafting. Paul Allen swooped in and took away his GM powers. At the very least Paul Allen would be mediating this situation. Right now Carroll has free reign to do whatever the hell he wants. He is the franchise at the moment, everything starts and ends with Carroll. No other coach has this kind of free reign in the NFL. He may as well be the owner of the franchise at this point.

Paul Allen had plenty of time before he died to tell Jody what to do which nullifies everything you saying. Furthermore many Seahawk fans believe Wilson is the issue bec

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Is the issue because he doesn’t play up to his contract! He’s been the highest paid player in the league therefore we could not afford to get him his OL. Presently he is not the highest paid player in the league, Seahawks have the 5th most available cap space in 2022, RW is the only asset on the roster Seattle is tied to & financially invested in, so we can invest heavily in the OL this year and there are franchise OL hitting Free Agency!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":b2z0ad0d said:
There has been a vacuum in Seahawks front office since the passing of PA . Jody is the owner and she really needs to start acting like it. Surround yourself with some trusted advisors and top football minds and make some tough decisions. If Pete and John are left to make all the decisions i'm extremely concerned about the future of the team . Alternatively hire a President of Football Operations above Pete to run it for you. If Pete can't live with that he can walk of get fired. Pete Carroll should not be President Head Coach and the last say in the draft that's a terrible way to run a franchise.
Mama didn't teach you to not run around with scissors in your hand? LOLOL.
IF you're going to jump, at least try'n find a soft place to land.
Jody Allen is NOT a football expert, and is probably content with leaving things where Brother Paul Put Them, and I'm pretty sure that Vulcan Industries has their fingers on the pulse since Paul Allen's passing, this is not a time to :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039:

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
We are trading RW because he still has trade value & this draft is loaded with QB’s. John & Pete must do what’s best for the Seahawk Franchise long term! Lance, Mond, Trask, Jones, & Mills are franchise QB’s. Wilson & Fields might be worth picks #2 & #3 money. And who knows what the heck is going on with Newman & Buechelle.

Whatever type of QB you want is available in this draft, don’t get caught up in what Draft Guru’s say they dismissed Brady, Mahomes, Watson, and of course Russell Wilson!

Jody Allen has a billion $$ franchise she doesn’t give a crap what you think, she wants her franchise to increase in value, and so does the people who work for the Seahawk franchise, theyre pay in many cases is tied to winning.

If Pete & John select the wrong QB then you crucify them but for now they’re getting paid the big bucks to make it happen, no excuses! Just win baby!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
pinksheets":1o56wktb said:
Fresno, can you point me to the last draft with 5+ "franchise qbs"?

I can’t but we only need 1! It’s up to Pete & John to make sure they get the proper draft picks to select that particular one or the whole thing blows up! Kaboooom!

The fact they pissed RW off because they had trade talks for Josh Allen and they scouted Mahomes is enough for me to believe they shoot with a rifle and not a shot gun.

In my mind they should’ve found a way to draft Allen or Mahomes and they better draft a replacement of equal outcomes or they are not performing at the level I expect out of them!

jeremiah

Reaction score
I am good with Jody hiring good people and keeping "hands off" on anything but the biggest decisions, like hiring a new GM or other higher ups. She doesn't have a track record in Football as of yet. Her work in Portland with Vulcan, was a mixed bag. One executive rating company gave her an 8% rating. She may have been over her head then, and seems to finally found the sweet spot every good executive must find now.

We do not need another Dallas type situation of meddling with the team. Go Hawks.

Jville

Reaction score
30 regular season wins and 12 loses since the passing of Paul Allen and never missed the playoffs.

Ujezud9ztpowvxztef5w
Jody is also co-founder, board chair, and president of The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation, president and founding director of MoPOP, Seattle's acclaimed museum of popular culture, and chair of the board of the Allen Institute, which works to solve some of the biggest mysteries of bioscience. As trustee of the Paul G. Allen Trust, Jody works to ensure Paul's vision is realized for generations to come. - [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/team/front-office-roster/jody-allen[/urltargetblank]

Jqaoaoxb50szhzzyhiwp
Bert Kolde is Vice Chair of the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trail Blazers and is Executive Vice President of Sports Strategy and Operations at Vulcan Inc., where he oversees the long-term strategy and business operations of the teams and their affiliates.

Kolde has been on the Seahawks leadership team for over 20 years. He played an instrumental role in Paul Allen's purchase of the Seahawks, spearheading the legislation and referendum that led to the development of CenturyLink Field. Bert works closely with Jody Allen on all Seahawks-related matters. -
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/team/front-office-roster/bert-kolde[/urltargetblank]

........................ that's a lot to feel good about.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jeremiah":2wdaqzkw said:
I am good with Jody hiring good people and keeping "hands off" on anything but the biggest decisions, like hiring a new GM or other higher ups. She doesn't have a track record in Football as of yet. Her work in Portland with Vulcan, was a mixed bag. One executive rating company gave her an 8% rating. She may have been over her head then, and seems to finally found the sweet spot every good executive must find now.

We do not need another Dallas type situation of meddling with the team. Go Hawks.

She’s smart enough to recognize her failures and if she screws up the Seahawks it will be a super high profile failure, that’s why Paul Allen made sure the Hawks are successful Vanity! Paul messed up Vulcan too.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Jville":zrqoeatv said:
30 regular season wins and 12 loses since the passing of Paul Allen and never missed the playoffs.

Ujezud9ztpowvxztef5w
Jody is also co-founder, board chair, and president of The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation, president and founding director of MoPOP, Seattle's acclaimed museum of popular culture, and chair of the board of the Allen Institute, which works to solve some of the biggest mysteries of bioscience. As trustee of the Paul G. Allen Trust, Jody works to ensure Paul's vision is realized for generations to come. - [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/team/front-office-roster/jody-allen[/urltargetblank]

Jqaoaoxb50szhzzyhiwp
Bert Kolde is Vice Chair of the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trail Blazers and is Executive Vice President of Sports Strategy and Operations at Vulcan Inc., where he oversees the long-term strategy and business operations of the teams and their affiliates.

Kolde has been on the Seahawks leadership team for over 20 years. He played an instrumental role in Paul Allen's purchase of the Seahawks, spearheading the legislation and referendum that led to the development of CenturyLink Field. Bert works closely with Jody Allen on all Seahawks-related matters. -
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/team/front-office-roster/bert-kolde[/urltargetblank]

........................ that's a lot to feel good about.

The Seahawk Franchise is run by Professionals they “get it”! It’s the best Franchise in the NFL!

jeremiah

Reaction score
All great points, and pointing towards ...... the approach of PA over time, and the current muckedy ducks is spot on. Hands off the steering wheel , feet off of the pedals. Just keep buying quality rides and drivers. The GM and Coach can pick out the kids for the back of this Seahawk Limo

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Jody has her advisors to make sure she does a good job at her role & Bert has his advisors to make sure he does a good job at his role. This isn’t some mom & pop operation like the Bengals or some pet hobby like the Cowboys. This is a fully functional corporation like a mini Microsoft, they don’t Mickey Mouse around!

Own The West

Reaction score
Bottom line is that Jody Allen is in control of this team. This team is a perennial playoff team and one of the best in football. This is exactly where we want to be.

We are not wasting a marquee player's career when we make the playoffs every year. Most years we will not win the super bowl. It's fine as a fan to want to win the super bowl every year, but ridiculous to want to blow up the team every year if you don't.

TreeRon

Reaction score
IMO, Shawn Michael Dugar was sheet disturber when he was with the Moscow-Pullman Daily News, so I'm taking his "reporting" with a grain of salt.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1eofrpz1 said:
Spin Doctor":1eofrpz1 said:
FresnoHawk68":1eofrpz1 said:
Spin Doctor":1eofrpz1 said:
Nobody is saying she should be Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones, that is just a strawman argument. Paul Allen wasn't exactly a passive owner either like some like to paint him out to be. He held regular meetings with the coaches and players. Allen let his coaches do and front office do their thing, but would immediately intervene if he sensed something was wrong. He gave the football people room to work, but also didn't give them unchecked power. Allen was, quite frankly probably the best owner in the NFL.

Jody Allen is just there. She gave Carroll a five year extension, something Paul Allen never did himself. The view around the league is that Carroll has unchecked power at the moment. People mention Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones, but there is another sort of toxic owner. People like Mike Brown that are completely hands off and don't really care one way or another. They just let things happen and fester.

I can guarantee you one thing, Paul Allen would be intervening in this situation if he were still alive. Does that mean Carroll gets fired? No, it does mean that perhaps he would walk back some of Carroll's power or mediate though. Perhaps he would give Wilson more of a say in the offense and strategy going forward, or maybe it would mean he does give Wilson his prefered pick of coordinators. There are many actions Paul Allen could take outside of "fire Pete" although that very well could be on the table if he felt that Carroll has lost control of the team or he felt he didn't like the direction.

Paul Allen gave Pete the power!
Yes, he did give Carroll that power, but as I said -- Carroll had to answer to Paul Allen. They would meet often to discuss the direction of the franchise. Allen made Pete account for his actions or lack thereof. There is no Paul Allen figure anymore, instead we have a placeholder owner. Pete Carroll has nobody that he is accountable to right now. Carroll is acting as the defacto owner. He's managing every bit of the franchise. With Paul Allen, Carroll had to justify his actions. Don't you think that Paul Allen would have a thing to or two that he would like to say in this situation and how it has been handled? Especially since Allen and Wilson were close on a personal level.

Another thing to consider here is that Paul Allen has also been known to strip powers from his coaches when the situation calls for it. Consider when Holmgren first came here. Holmgren was GM and was doing a poor job of drafting. Paul Allen swooped in and took away his GM powers. At the very least Paul Allen would be mediating this situation. Right now Carroll has free reign to do whatever the hell he wants. He is the franchise at the moment, everything starts and ends with Carroll. No other coach has this kind of free reign in the NFL. He may as well be the owner of the franchise at this point.

Paul Allen had plenty of time before he died to tell Jody what to do which nullifies everything you saying. Furthermore many Seahawk fans believe Wilson is the issue bec
Paul Allen wanted the Seahawks to be sold, that is what he wanted. Your point doesn't refute mine either. You can tell someone something, but it doesn't mean they're capable, executing or making decision or handling internal conflict.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The people thinking everything is hunky dory here and that its going to turn out alright are delusional. Jody Allen doesnt know anything about football and doesnt care to. Its why she offered the oldest coach in the league a 5 year extension. Organization is making money and she doesnt have to make any decisions or be bothered with it. Only problem is that there is friction and decisions now need to be made. Wilson is walking after next season and Pete will never recover from the loss of him.

The implosion has started. Within 3 years, the team will be in a shambles. Within 5, it will be sold. What a shame and what a waste.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Own The West":2pqsv6tm said:
Bottom line is that Jody Allen is in control of this team. This team is a perennial playoff team and one of the best in football. This is exactly where we want to be.

We are not wasting a marquee player's career when we make the playoffs every year. Most years we will not win the super bowl. It's fine as a fan to want to win the super bowl every year, but ridiculous to want to blow up the team every year if you don't.

This.

Obviously, improvements can be made, but this is the epitome of a successful organization. From an owner's perspective, this is good.

I find it odd that the same people calling for Jody Allen to meddle on the football side of the organization also complain about Carroll's meddling in the offense. Not sure how it's any different, and I think some should be careful what they wish for.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The old adage "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" is constantly running through my mind when I log on to .NET these days.

Implode this team and enjoy being the Browns for the next decade.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Aros":mze4t5hw said:
The old adage "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" is constantly running through my mind when I log on to .NET these days.

Implode this team and enjoy being the Browns for the next decade.
Yeah, I'm seeing it play out in my head like a documentary in the future. "While there was some worry about whether the Hawks could carry on without Russ, nobody could predict the sheer depths of the misery to come for the Seahawks and their fans..."

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Yeah, we need an owner that meddles with the team.. ffs, best owners are the ones, that sit back, watch the game and leave the operations to those that are familiar with it. I for one am happy with how the Allens have handled the team.