John Randle Reborn in Byron Murphy Form

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
“Regulators…Mount Up!”

I hope to hell Murphy looks up the names of opposing players wives to banter during games. That sh!t was hysterical.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
John Randle was one of the NFLs best stories going from UDFA to HOF inductee. He was the Dennis Rodman of the NFL he would do background research on the O linemen he was going against going as far as where the players wife works and kids go to school his goal was to get inside his opponents head

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
He is going to be a problem. I cannot wait.

There is a photo of Murph on .com “12 frames, OTAs day 1”.

In 3 weeks he looks massively more toned than he did at mini-camp, you can immediately tell bro is hell of a worker. If it’s his motivation to be great, he’s going to get there.

I think a lot of people on the outside looking in are under selling Murph because he isn’t projected as a starter but the last two times Seahawks had this quality of functioning depth on the DLine were they not going to SBs (2005, 2013-14)

94Smith

Reaction score
Compares him to a hall of famer than shows comparisons where he is nowhere the same speed against college competition. Sure.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
John Randall was lighter and a lot faster than Byron Murphy especially off the line. Murphy is thicker though as they are two different body types.
Watching Randle's highlights, he seems to have multiple moves, and the energy and drive to use those movies one after another.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
John Randle was an undrafted player who was even special while a Seahawks player near retirement is a HOF DT. He was truly a great player.

We should be so lucky to get this from Murphy.

These two players are very different, Randle was undersized, fast and strong he was a demonstrably exceptional pass rusher while Murphy seems to be a high potential widely expected to be special young player but more conventionally sized. I genuinely liked this pick by the team and hope Murphy can be as special a player as Randle was over his unusual career.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.