K.J. Wants to Stay... But, Won't Take Less Money to Do It!

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":33xxtkxi said:
It's not a great value for Wagner, but if it comes down to it, I'd rather overpay and keep him than lose him without adequate compensation.

It is a good value because he is still one of the best in the league and he is already under contract. Take age out of it. If he keeps producing the way he does...always has...never let up...why should he even consider a paycut?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3ii5pk82 said:
Sgt. Largent":3ii5pk82 said:
Welshers":3ii5pk82 said:
Everyone whos badmouthing Bobby: You mean the guy who was #7 in the entire league for tackles????

I'm not for cutting Bobby, but 17M cap hit in 2021 and 21M in 2022 is too much for me.........and Pete and John agree, it's why they drafted Brooks, to take over the MLB role when Bobby leaves.

Too many other glaring needs on the defensive side of the ball to have your MLB soaking up 20-25% of your defensive cap. So yes, I'd approach Bobby to renegotiate the remaining two years. Can't see another team giving him 17M and 21M if he's cut.

The drafted brooks because he is a good backer. Not to replace at that point. Otherwise he would be doing it already and bobby would have been sitting or gone. Brooks is here for when bobby or wright leave. Which wont come overall until one leaves. Gurantee he doesnt replace unless an injury occurs. Now if they switch to a 34 they could play bobby, brooks and wright simultaneously.

That's not how a 3-4 works. The entire prototype for outside linebacker would change and all 3 of those guys would project to ILB in a 3-4, of which there are only 2 spots.

In nickel situations, one of the ILBs would likely come off the field, too, meaning only a single player from the Wags/Brooks/Wright trio would be on the field.

It's like saying you want to move to an offense solely out of the I-Form because more running backs will be on the field. Like, sure, but fullbacks are very different players.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He had his best season in 2020, but on the other hand he is 31 years old. K.J clearly has lost a step, but he made up for that with savvy. That being said, he has 1 or 2 more years if that of good/elite play in him. At this point you need to start making tough salary cap decisions like this. We've got DK, and Jamal Adams coming up -- those two are going to hurt, a lot.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
KJ can play SAM for another 2 seasons, he’s too slow for WILL and is a serviceable in game back up for WILL & Mike. KJ needs to go shopping then let Seattle know what kind of offer he’s gotten. I highly doubt KJ is going to get the $ he wants from other teams then Seattle can make him happy by beating the best offer KJ secures.

chris98251

Reaction score
If a guy wants to win he waits, you see what's offered and string it out if it's not at your target number for the chance to keep winning.

Then you look around the league for other cuts and who may have interest, who of those teams has a chance to win it all, that will require waiting more. A team like the Patriots can bounce back fast, they know how, they need a QB, depending on who that is helps you with a decision, Packers maybe, that's if you want to win over salary.

If your going for the money then it really doesn't matter who you end up with.

I don't think KJ is one of those.

ducks41468

Reaction score
How dare he! He should bow down to the whims of fans and play for free! Then we can get all the best o-linemen to play for us for free too!

How can Pete and JS not come up with such a brilliant plan? Fire them!

ducks41468

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1i5v61mb said:
Who do you want the FO to keep.....BW or KJ? Seems unlikely that we can pay both.

Easy, just convince everyone to take a pay cut so we can field a stacked roster. If the fans say so, it must be the solution

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
I hate the idea of either BW or KJ leaving but both are at the end of their careers & I think Our QB’s best ball is behind him. We can’t trade RW unless there’s a replacement in the draft & we can find a suitable temporary QB.
What I’m saying is the RW situation could force us to trade BW to acquire picks that can be used on a 2nd round QB in the draft, if that happens KJ will provide incredible mentorship & SAM play.

We are set up right now to move on from BW because Brooks is capable of playing Mike on run downs right now & Cody Barton is capable of playing passing downs at Mike. The draft should have a future starter at WILL, BBK can play WILL good but he’s undersized for long term durability. The SAM in Carroll’s doesn’t have to be the best athlete and the WILL can be any size as long as he can chase down ball carriers. Shaqueem Griffith is the LB that’s not working out, a 5th round pick for a special teams ace is pricey.

xray

Reaction score
If the Hawks dis him he might have the last laugh playing in SF . It can certainly happen . IMO

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't keep spreadsheets of everything, but to my eyes and recollection it seems like KJ made more big plays for our defense last year than every other player combined.