Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
I am thrilled he is back. However, I think Kam might be more of a winner in this than you think. He holds out, and the D looks like garbage for the first two games. He comes back against the hapless Bears where the defense will likely dominate Jimmy Clausen. The team will rip 5 or 6 wins off in a row and likely finish 10-6 or 11-5 and make a decent playoff run.

Then in the offseason, we will be right back in the same boat in dealing with him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how much Kam plays this weekend, if at all.

The biggest concern with any player holding out is injury cause they haven't had any contact all of training camp, pre-season, etc. So we'll see if Pete just throws him in the mix, or holds off for a week or so to get Kam into football shape.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fortunately with arguably the worst team playing us on Sunday with their #2 QB .. we SHOULD be able to treat Kam's first game like a 3rd preseason game.. then we play the Lions on MNF so there is an extra day of rest/prep for that one.

I hope they ease him back slow, because there's no way he is in game shape. Actual physical shape sure, but not game shape. He hasn't practiced since OTA's in what.. June?

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Welcome back, Kam.

I couldn't care less if any of the 12s forgive you or not, but I sure hope the ENTIRE team is welcoming you back with open arms.

And also...Vernon Davis be like :34853_doh:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well, I'll say this.
I've got field passes for MNF vs the Lions, I'll still be happy to shake Kam's hand IF I get the opportunity. And I'll tell him I'm glad he's back.
:{)

dutchman063

Reaction score
Decimation":2sks494w said:
Yes!!!!!!! Let's go Hawks! Let's rack up a bunch of wins now!

The "bunch of wins" were coming anyways regardless if sKam was in there or not

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
YESSSS!!!!! Glad he's back!

I am also annoyed with his holdout, however I will get over that.

I don't think sitting him the next two games is the right call. It will take him that many just to get back up to game speed. I think they ease him back into the game this weekend, and get the process started right away. His impact will be felt immediately.

BOOM!!!

hoxrox

Reaction score
If we miss HFA or even the playoffs by a game or 2, I'm still putting some of that on Kam.

Good thing Earl finally spoke up about it. That's was probably the final straw

Decimation

Reaction score
dutchman063":2h4z1sp2 said:
Decimation":2h4z1sp2 said:
Yes!!!!!!! Let's go Hawks! Let's rack up a bunch of wins now!

The "bunch of wins" were coming anyways regardless if sKam was in there or not
We're going to dominate no matter what. Not once did I say, "Wow, Kam is going to give us so many wins!" I said "let's rack up tons of wins" so maybe you should not read into my post too much and take it out of context, because "regardless" we're going to win a ton of games with a great team effort.

Who's "sKam" by the way?

Greenhell

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":2zydeqkl said:
JAGHAWK":2zydeqkl said:
FlyHawksFly":2zydeqkl said:
JAGHAWK":2zydeqkl said:
Get over yourself. :177692:

This is not specifically aimed at you, but same could be said to a lot of the fans in this case. Kam is back, that is good news for our football team. Everything else is nonsense, and doesn't concern 99% of us.

The kicker to all of this... is that the deal that was on the table is gone and they may still require fines to be paid. So he did all of this to basically PAY money. I guess I just feel like he was selfish. Sure, I wanted Kam back so we could win games, that was my own selfish reason. But I was more concerned about the guys losing their leader. I feel like he has damaged some of the morale. I guess we'll see what happens now.
Here's what happens now:

- Kam and his agent were gambling that the Seahawks would lose these first two games without him, particularly since it was obvious from the schedule release that this was possibly our toughest two game stretch of the season ...

- During the holdout it comes out that Kam plays a much greater role in the overall structure and implementation of the defense than was previously thought. Earl was though to be the catalyst but even he admitted during the holdout that it was Kam that got him line up pre-snap.

- Now, after losing the first two games and having very pedestrian defensive rankings Kam will come back and against the next few opponents we'll look like the Legion of old again and his bargaining position is much improved.

- He's coming back with no concessions from the team right now, and having lost possibly more than a million in fines and lost wages, so the Team can claim a win here but the they are already saying they will look at restructuring his deal next year, and he will more than make up that difference on the new deal

It pisses me off that he cost us two games to set himself up for next years bargaining, but I couldn't be happier he's back and have to tip my hat to his agent after all. Shrewd Move Kam.

^This.

Rex

Reaction score
austinslater25":1unqmb5s said:
Tough to disagree with Scottemojo here. I was baffled by his holdout and still don't get it but I'm also glad he's back. Time to go to work....

Was he in camp and played in preseason? If not he wanted a raise and more time off. Something changed. Either he wanted to start cashing checks or the front office promised more money.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seems like this was a pointless exercise that already did some irrevocable damage.

I can only hope his conditioning is up to par and he doesn't hurt himself immediately like DeSean Jackson and Dez Bryant (both of whom also missed preseason).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rex":i2i1cxbq said:
austinslater25":i2i1cxbq said:
Tough to disagree with Scottemojo here. I was baffled by his holdout and still don't get it but I'm also glad he's back. Time to go to work....

Was he in camp and played in preseason? If not he wanted a raise and more time off. Something changed. Either he wanted to start cashing checks or the front office promised more money.

Front office didn't promise anything. Think he finally started to miss that 270K a week.

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2rigp1iy said:
iigakusei":2rigp1iy said:
HawkFan72":2rigp1iy said:
I wonder if the Hawks will use the whole thing...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/646705878670807041[/tweet]

I would assume this means he won't be playing this week? Or am I misinterpreting that.

Not necessarily. It just means he can start practicing right away and they don't have to cut anyone yet until they are sure he's ready. They could activate him Saturday night and make a cut then.

I think this will happen. He'll play on Sunday.

kobebryant

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":110slixq said:
I'll be booing him as loud as I can from section 134 come Sunday.

Why do you boo pro athletes? They have, or at least should have, zero impact on you or your life.

Not judging you, just a question. What do you derive from it?

marko358

Reaction score
Greenhell":15ylge4j said:
I think this will happen. He'll play on Sunday.

I look forward to all of the "Fire Pete" threads when Kam sustains a season ending injury for being out of game shape.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3qvbdu4p said:
CodeWarrior":3qvbdu4p said:
I'll be booing him as loud as I can from section 134 come Sunday.

Why do you boo pro athletes? They have, or at least should have, zero impact on you or your life.

Not judging you, just a question. What do you derive from it?
It was a knee-jerk response. He changed his mind and elaborated on that.