Ken Walker III is like........

Mick063

Reaction score
I have watched NFL Running backs for 50+ years. I remember Jim Brown. Walter Payton. Barry Sanders. Eric Dickerson. Bo Jackson. Curt Warner. Marshawn Lynch. I watched them all.

Who does Ken Walker remind me of the most of?
Adrian Peterson.
His game is more like Adrian Peterson than any other back I have seen. Not a speed bruiser on the physical level of a Hershel Walker, Earl Campbell or Bo Jackson. Not quite on that level of physicality. But certainly, more than physical enough, and combined with his jump starts, jump cuts, vision, top end speed, and jaw dropping burst, he doesn't need that level of physicality (mostly due to sheer body mass...it is a physics equation). Don't get me wrong. If you were to measure Walker's physicality by weight ratio, he would be comparable to Earl Campbell. Make him proportionally 15% bigger and he WOULD be Earl Campbell. He is just a lighter, faster version. In other words, Adrian Peterson.

How did then Seahawk coach Mike Holmgren describe rookie Adrian Peterson when discussing an upcoming Viking game? "His ability is off the charts" was his response. That is Ken Walker III. Off the charts.

Last edited:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I could see that comparison, but I'm leaning towards Barry Sanders based on ability to stop and start, and go the all the way back across the field.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Barry Sanders with the Patience of Leveon Bell. I don't see Peterson in him at all. Peterson was never that shifty.

acer1240

Reaction score
He's got Shaun Alexander vision with Percy Harvin speed. Not saying he's even close but he reminds me of Gayle Sayers.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I could see that comparison, but I'm leaning towards Barry Sanders based on ability to stop and start, and go the all the way back across the field.
I was thinking the same thing while watching the last game.. the shift and acceleration, very Sanderisq.

OP
OP
Mick063

Mick063

Reaction score
Barry Sanders with the Patience of Leveon Bell. I don't see Peterson in him at all. Peterson was never that shifty.

Ridiculous. Peterson was shifty as hell. This first video looks like KWIII All Day LONG. Change the jersey and you couldn't tell them apart. The running styles are so eerily similar. Compare the two provided videos. They look like the SAME player.

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
You take Ricky Watters and Barry Sanders, mash em up and the resulting product is K9

keasley45

Reaction score

Ridiculous. Peterson was shifty as hell. This first video looks like KWIII All Day LONG. Change the jersey and you couldn't tell them apart. The running styles are so eerily similar. Compare the two provided videos. They look like the SAME player.

That dude was special.

Spohawks

Reaction score
There is a reason you guys agrue on "Who he is like", and its because he is his own player.

He has it all! All of those players mentioned above??? YES, he has those skills.

But like Barry, if your Oline is lacking, careers end quick. Draft a Center and LG early next year!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
If you were to measure Walker's physicality by weight ratio, he would be comparable to Earl Campbell. Make him proportionally 15% bigger and he WOULD be Earl Campbell.
No, just no.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Earl scored a TD and knocked Bevo down on the same run. I'm surprised nobody wrote a song about that incident.

Now that I think about it...there actually was a song written about Earl back in the "Go Blue" early 80s: "Big Earl, big bad Earl" or something like that.

I was a huge fan. Earl never said a lot but when he did it was poignant. When asked if his wife was excited to join him in Honolulu for the Pro-bowl, Earl said "She didn't block for me. I'm taking Tim Wilson to Honolulu". IIRC.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The number of times Walker has patiently waited behind the LoS then darted the right direction, including bouncing outside the tackles entirely, and it was the right decision - absolutely stunning. I've never seen a ROOKIE RB show this kind of absolutely consistently amazing vision. I'm happy to watch some highlights if someone can name a back who does it as well in their rookie season? Exceptional agility, lateral cutting and movement, etc. a variety of rookie RBs have had in abundance, but Walker's vision and decision-making behind the line is just blowing me away. It's almost like he's psychic and knows where to go ahead of time.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Who does Ken Walker remind me of the most of?
Adrian Peterson.

not to me.

adrian peterson was a generational talent. and there hasn't been anybody like adrian peterson since... adrian peterson. also, dude was 6'1 1/2, 225lbs, 39" vert, with 34" arms which he used to shield himself with stiff arms. walker is 5'9, 210 and not the same physical pedigree or profile. walker has great tools, but definitely not the same physical tools as adrian peterson. i just don't see it, even in the tape. they cut differently. walker has quicker accel, but peterson has higher top speed.

i'm high on walker. i think he's a top 5 rb in this league. he's fast, elusive, and tough. give him a seam and he's gone. in space he can make guys miss. he's a top running back. he has great tools, but definitely not the same physical tools.

walker is unique. but if i HAD to compare him anybody, i'd say he's got a small splash of 5'8, 200lb barry sanders (COD, acceleration) and a small splash of 5'11, 225lb marshawn (physicality, finishes runs). not a bad combo.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That TD run was spectacular. A ROOKIE with the foresight to change direction from the play's natural direction and blocking scheme, bounce back and juke several players to the endzone?

That's special.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
That TD run was spectacular. A ROOKIE with the foresight to change direction from the play's natural direction and blocking scheme, bounce back and juke several players to the endzone?

That's special.
Reminded me of what Barry Sanders used to do.

OP
OP
Mick063

Mick063

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson. Looks like the same player. Cuts like the same player. You can't tell them apart.