KJ Wright had shoulder surgery

sutz

Reaction score
Wow, kind of adds to the "why take a LB early" question, doesn't it?

Hope he comes through fine.

BigMeach

Reaction score
sutz":h0dcmyja said:

Hey! We don't want no logic round here!

Grrr me angry, no make no sense dis draft.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
BigMeach":grq0korl said:
sutz":grq0korl said:

Sound reasoning is based on known fact.
YOU knew pre-draft KJ is coming off a recent surgery and therefore ranked LB as highest priority?

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":32ghukt1 said:
BigMeach":32ghukt1 said:
sutz":32ghukt1 said:

Sound reasoning is based on known fact.
YOU knew pre-draft KJ is coming off a recent surgery and therefore ranked LB as highest priority?
It also explains why the team kept the surgery quiet. Everybody would have known we were looking to cover for KJ with an early pick.

Nothing against Brooks, he looks like he'll live up to his "first round" status just fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looking forward to Brooks proving a lot of people wrong. And it certainly does make more sense why they went LB in the 1st round. Plus he was likely gonna' go next to the Ravens or at 33 to Cincy.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Hope you're right Sutz. I really do. IMO it's hard to argue against what Pete and John decide is the best move to make.

I listened to all the interviews our new guys have done. Fun stuff and they all said all the right things. Thing is I've been around long enough to know the pitfalls of all the pre-season media fluff and team enthusiasm. It is invigorating and a fun time. But while that koolade goes down smooth and is free flowing, it is no substitute for a good dose of morphine to quell the reality that so often follows.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I seem to recall an interview with JS a couple of years back where he admitted that they had shifted away from their original strategy to one more dominated by physical attributes like SPARQ scores and combine results and away from the importance of the interviews and determining a players attitude and work effort. In some ways he blamed the 'slump' they experienced in drafting after the first couple of years on that.

So, yeah, sports interviews tend to be the most boring and cliche ridden ones in media, but basic attitudes really matter, too. Hell, Russ is one of the worst at that. His interviews usually sound like clips from motivational recordings, but it seems he actually believes in all that, and it shows on the field. He never loses hope and never gives up.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The Brooks pick was necessary, plain and simple, and you get a very similar player to what Wagner was coming out of college. Why the gripe?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3fs3uq9l said:
The Brooks pick was necessary, plain and simple, and you get a very similar player to what Wagner was coming out of college. Why the gripe?
This!

BASF

Reaction score
vin.couve12":24nwy9jp said:

I do believe it is because they wanted a LB that is smaller than Kam Chancellor and only ran 0.04 faster in the forty yard dash than the guy we drafted who is heavier and could not prepare for the combine due to surgery. The fact that he only started nine games in his career instead of the four year starter we got just means that he is fresher.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
BASF":1iaow9kq said:
vin.couve12":1iaow9kq said:

I do believe it is because they wanted a LB that is smaller than Kam Chancellor and only ran 0.04 faster in the forty yard dash than the guy we drafted who is heavier and could not prepare for the combine due to surgery. The fact that he only started nine games in his career instead of the four year starter we got just means that he is fresher.

Nicely done, BASF.

edogg23

Reaction score
Surprised they didn't cut him before his roster bonus was due?

Jville

Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTcyMjQ1OTAyMDg4NDgwMjgx%2Fusatsi_13798174.jpg

Predictions of KJ's demise will eventually come to pass by virtue of shear repetition. Sadly for many, he is perhaps Seattle's most all time under appreciated linebacker.

Position Change Should Benefit Both K.J. Wright, Seahawks >>>>>>>>>>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/position-change-should-benefit-both-k-j-wright-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

Lofa Tatupu: Seahawks LBs Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright Have 'Several Good Years Ahead of Them' >>>>>>>>>>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/bobby-wagner-k-j-wright-have-several-good-years-ahead-of-them[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts