KJ Wright: I wouldn't pay Geno more than $20M

Kinger95

Reaction score
Geno and his agent need to be smart. He just had a bad finish to the season and isn’t getting younger. If we franchise tag geno and then pick a qb at 5 that’s a nightmare scenario for geno knowing we aren’t tied to him. If geno gets franchised and has a year that’s worse than the one he just had he’s gonna be struggling to find a deal any better than what guys like Andy Dalton and bridgewater have been getting. The hawks have all the leverage and can have him back with no long term risk at 30 mill next year and go from there. I honestly don’t see how geno isn’t begging for a 3/4 year deal at 22-26 mill just so he gets paid. So many things can go wrong for geno and his agent if they play hardball and want too much

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
What your saying is, 31 other teams blew it big time for 7 or 8 seasons. Geno was never really given a chance until this year. He had a decent rookie year and would very possibly be a star with the Jets today if not for a broken jaw.
Absolutely no way of ever knowing what could have been. He could be a complete bust next year of perhaps win the SB, but by looking at the year he had this year, there is no reason to believe he won't equal or most likely surpass this years accomplishments.
The ONLY reason people refuse to believe in Geno is because he has carried the clip board for years. Judging people on their past is a very poor way of judging, just prejudicial, backwards way of thinking.

Lol. 31 other teams didnt blow anything. The NFL knows what he is. Geno was given every chance to beat out the QBs that started in front of him and couldnt. The past is a very good measuring stick for people because they rarely ever change.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Lol. 31 other teams didnt blow anything. The NFL knows what he is. Geno was given every chance to beat out the QBs that started in front of him and couldnt. The past is a very good measuring stick for people because they rarely ever change.
Once again, just your opinion, which is worth absolutely nothing.. about the same value as mine, so we shall continue to disagree. The major difference is that your facts are wrong, that happens some times in life...
"Given every chance to compete," against Hall of famers? I don't think so Tim.. He was brought on by those teams for a specific roll and never even considered anything more..

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
You actually think he was given every chance to supplant Eli Manning, a 2 time SB champ & fan favorite that had been there forever, Philip Rivers a perennial pro-bowler who was also a fan favorite who had been there forever, & Russell Wilson a SB champ & fan favorite who just somehow won lots of football games, but he just failed?

I also don't think they should be signing Geno at any & all cost but come on man, you're better off sticking with your "fire Pete Carroll at any cost" schtick than this.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wish you could understand Geno's. Dude was a backup for 7 or 8 seasons for a reason.
Sitting behind Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers and Russell Wilson, GUYS THAT ALMOST NEVER TOOK PLAYS OFF OR GOTTEN HURT, give common sense a chance + try keeping up, eh?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
You actually think he was given every chance to supplant Eli Manning, a 2 time SB champ & fan favorite that had been there forever, Philip Rivers a perennial pro-bowler who was also a fan favorite who had been there forever, & Russell Wilson a SB champ & fan favorite who just somehow won lots of football games, but he just failed?

I also don't think they should be signing Geno at any & all cost but come on man, you're better off sticking with your "fire Pete Carroll at any cost" schtick than this.

But he is so awesome he broke a couple of Wilson's records. Surely he must have been better than those QB's he sat behind right? You mean to tell me the coaches ignored his greatness in all the practices they saw him in and played favoritism to the fan favorites? Well he obviously is better than the guy who he replaced that somehow won lots of football games right? He has to be because he broke some of his records right?

Give me a break.

Donn2390

Reaction score
But he is so awesome he broke a couple of Wilson's records. Surely he must have been better than those QB's he sat behind right? You mean to tell me the coaches ignored his greatness in all the practices they saw him in and played favoritism to the fan favorites? Well he obviously is better than the guy who he replaced that somehow won lots of football games right? He has to be because he broke some of his records right?

Give me a break.
You need to quite while you're behind, the more you open your mouth, the more foolish you appear.. You make ridiculous arguments just for the sake of arguing..

Last edited:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score

Give me a break.
Like I said before, stick with the "fire Pete" schtick.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I wish the draft was before FA.

If the management decided to re-sign Geno, then it will be one less card for other teams to realize that Seattle might not draft a QB in the draft.

Jville

Reaction score
Survey says ..90 % of Seahawk fans think Geno Smith will be resigned..........

Seattle_2_011923.png

................................................. according to one poll.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
His leadership is a real asset, don't overlook that he is both a leader and also one of the guys. HUGE.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Stroud behind Geno for a year sounds pretty good, if he is their guy. If you have Geno locked up for 2, you choose to do this with Stroud this year, or a different rookie next year. We have two years to make a choice. There's also the kid up in Canada.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Stroud behind Geno for a year sounds pretty good, if he is their guy. If you have Geno locked up for 2, you choose to do this with Stroud this year, or a different rookie next year. We have two years to make a choice. There's also the kid up in Canada.
Also, just asking, is it not typical for the franchise qb to be drafted by an incumbant coach? If and only if Pete is going to move on in 2-3 years?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Drew Lock will not be on this roster next year. What are you guys thinking? He suddenly isn't shit? There's not a scenario where he is back, not for minimum, not as a beer vendor.
Whew. My job as beer vender is safe then.....or is it beer drinker? I get those positions mixed up once in a while. :ROFLMAO:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
That is a good possibility. It's why I'm not a fan of any of these top 5 QBs.

I'll raise you a Seahawks mug, none of them end up being franchise QBs.
Oooh, ok... I have high hopes for Stroud. Deal.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He's young and relatively unscathed for his age. How about 20 mil base with serious incentives that could get him to 35 mil with a super bowl win? Make it a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option.

Otherwise, what's the point?
I would even go up to 23m and incentives to 30 m. That leaves the room to get some more Dline.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He's young and relatively unscathed for his age. How about 20 mil base with serious incentives that could get him to 35 mil with a super bowl win? Make it a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option.

Otherwise, what's the point?
You're nuts if you think that he's going to take a deal like that.

You're going to have to get comfortable with 30+ million per year because there is no way in hell he's taking a 2 year deal at 20 per year.

Latest posts