Lamar notices free blue tick on Twitter has gone away

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
The LS for the 9ers complained about it too the people who don’t need free stuff complain the loudest when it gets taken away

if it’s that big of deal it’s only $8 a month I spend more on the Paramount + app

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The LS for the 9ers complained about it too the people who don’t need free stuff complain the loudest when it gets taken away

if it’s that big of deal it’s only $8 a month I spend more on the Paramount + app

The problem with the paid blue tick is that everyone who pays 8 gets one regardless of how “notable” they actually are...and the reverse is also true.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don’t tweet and I’m completely ignorant to this blue check.

What’s the deal y’all?

Twitter used to give out blue ticks if they, Twitter, ascertained that you were ”notable” in your field, be thst journalism, sports, entertainment, etc.

The Advantage to everyone was that when you quoted a blue tick, you assumed some vetting had been done. When I quotetweeted sports media with a blue tick, I didn’t have to go through their profile to see that this person is prominent in sports media like I do now.

Because now, you can just set up an account with zero followers, and we will give you a badge that was supposed to signify that you were a notable person not long ago.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Twitter used to give out blue ticks if they, Twitter, ascertained that you were ”notable” in your field, be thst journalism, sports, entertainment, etc.

The Advantage to everyone was that when you quoted a blue tick, you assumed some vetting had been done. When I quotetweeted sports media with a blue tick, I didn’t have to go through their profile to see that this person is prominent in sports media like I do now.

Because now, you can just set up an account with zero followers, and we will give you a badge that was supposed to signify that you were a notable person not long ago.
Got it, thanks

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They removedRussell Wilson’s blue tick. Ciaras too. They are so about social media, maybe they are deciding a paid tick is below them.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russell has paid the $8 it seems…or been gifted it. Most likely he had to pay to get the blue tick back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
So it Appears Lamar And Mahomes are among dozens of celebs who Elon personally gifted blue checks to. Lamar had said he would not fork over 8 a month, but with his blue check reinstatement is a note that he’s provided his personal phone number.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
They should just get rid of it altogether. Don't need somebody or something else telling me who is or isn't notable. I'll decide for myself.

Mix

Reaction score
It's not a blue because I am notable checkmark. It is a blue because I have been verified to not be a bot and an actual human checkmark.

Anyone here could get one.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It's not a blue because I am notable checkmark. It is a blue because I have been verified to not be a bot and an actual human checkmark.

Anyone here could get one.

Twitter is saying that everyone who subscribed to Twitter Blue provided their phone number for verification When that’s not always true.

Not for Lamar or Mahomes or Stephen King who outright said Twitter is lying about him having given then a phone number.