Lebron James (ugh) now quoting Russell Wilson

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
hawknation2014":3ekaf3t9 said:
Smelly McUgly":3ekaf3t9 said:
hawknation2014":3ekaf3t9 said:
Smelly McUgly":3ekaf3t9 said:
LeBron has never done anything like what Jordan did to destroy Kwame Brown's confidence. Jordan was a great player, but a terrible human being.

When Nothing Else Matters is the only basketball book that I have in my house. It's still fascinating years later.
That's not why Kwame sucked.

Well, it's a good thing that I didn't say "Jordan is the whole reason Kwame sucked," then, huh?

What I did say is that what Jordan did to destroy Kwame's confidence is Exhibit A of many such exhibits as to how much worse Jordan is than LeBron. Go find Jordan's pathetic Basketball HOF induction speech for Exhibit B.

Kwame sucked because Kwame sucked. He has small hands and terrible shooting mechanics. That had nothing to do with Jordan.

Uh huh. Learn to read. No one is talking about why Kwame sucked, dude, and I agree with you on why he sucked. However, you're arguing with yourself because you apparently can't understand words.

brimsalabim":3ekaf3t9 said:
I don't hate Labron or the Heat. I just enjoy watching the Spurs team philosophy more.

The Seahawks have really helped me appreciate any team that plays for championships through drafting and developing.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":23p0zx35 said:
Uh huh. Learn to read. No one is talking about why Kwame sucked, dude, and I agree with you on why he sucked. However, you're arguing with yourself because you apparently can't understand words.

Learn to reason. If Kwame's "confidence" was wounded by Jordan trying to make him better, then that is only because he knew he wasn't any better. And he wasn't; Kwame is and has always been a bum.

rcaido

Reaction score
bmorepunk":6d6yi7zu said:
rcaido":6d6yi7zu said:
bmorepunk":6d6yi7zu said:
Throwdown":6d6yi7zu said:
What exactly has he done to be seen like Richard Sherman is outside of 12 land?

The way he left Cleveland is what made me appreciate him losing in Miami (although the way Boozer left Cleveland was way worse). However, I recognize how great of a player he is, and he's not any bigger of a douche than Jordan or other top guys that have played. I'm also annoyed by the overexposure of "Super Teams" like the Heat (and the Celtics before they blew it up and LA). But I'd rather see the non-superstar team win it. I'd even rather see the fairly low-key Thunder win it; that's pretty severe coming from a Sonics fan.

You're not a Sonic fan....

You're right, because there is no Sonics team. And given that Ballmer is taking his funding to the Clips there might not be for a really, really long time. I used to love the NBA but when they took the team I only have a passing interest. The Spurs getting a win tonight would make me happy, though.

Since I have no interest in baseball or hockey the only team I have left is the Seahawks. I might be done with pro sports if something ever happened to them, even though I keep moving around and being near other teams. I tried to get into the Wizards, but seriously, I just can't.

Terrible fan....When the Sonics come back, go continue to root for the Thunders...I cant honestly think of any true fan who would ever root for the Thunders.

I was really hoping the Grizzlies would have won the series so they would blow up the team already.

kearly

Reaction score
Lebron didn't leave for money. Unlike other sports there is a maximum size contract rule in the NBA preventing a player from being paid over a certain amount per year. Everybody that was in on Lebron had that max offer on the table, because "duh." No matter where Lebron went, the money would have been exactly the same- the max amount.

Always thought the traitor talk for players who leave is really silly. Think about all the guys who paved the way for our first Super Bowl who left their teams to join ours. Lebron wanted to win after paying his dues. Seems like a class act. I don't get the hate. And the cramp outrage, I think that might be the new standard for the stupidest public reaction I've ever seen.

Plus, Cleveland sucks. The thought of playing in Cleveland made Ichiro want to punch himself in the face, and he didn't even play for a Cleveland team.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
hawknation2014":38q9vcms said:
Smelly McUgly":38q9vcms said:

Learn to reason. If Kwame's "confidence" was wounded by Jordan trying to make him better, then that is only because he knew he wasn't any better. And he wasn't; Kwame is and has always been a bum.

LOL, Jordan's way of trying to make him better was a bunch of bullcrap because Jordan's an idiot and a bully.

Your reasoning skills suck.

rcaido":38q9vcms said:
When the Sonics come back, go continue to root for the Thunders

What, in 2084? He'll be dead before then.

Throwdown

Reaction score
kearly":3ezvmk03 said:
Lebron didn't leave for money. Unlike other sports there is a maximum size contract rule in the NBA preventing a player from being paid over a certain amount per year. Everybody that was in on Lebron had that max offer on the table, because "duh." No matter where Lebron went, the money would have been exactly the same- the max amount.

Always thought the traitor talk for players who leave is really silly. Think about all the guys who paved the way for our first Super Bowl who left their teams to join ours. Lebron wanted to win after paying his dues. Seems like a class act. I don't get the hate. And the cramp outrage, I think that might be the new standard for the stupidest public reaction I've ever seen.

Plus, Cleveland sucks. The thought of playing in Cleveland made Ichiro want to punch himself in the face, and he didn't even play for a Cleveland team.

'Bron actually took less to go to Miami.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2738s34l said:
hawknation2014":2738s34l said:
Smelly McUgly":2738s34l said:

LOL, Jordan's way of trying to make him better was a bunch of bullcrap because Jordan's an idiot and a bully.

Jordan's "an idiot" . . . and the greatest basketball player of all time. Good reasoning skills by you.

Michael-jordan.jpg

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1wd0xqin said:
Smelly McUgly":1wd0xqin said:
hawknation2014":1wd0xqin said:
Smelly McUgly":1wd0xqin said:

Jordan's "an idiot" . . . and the greatest basketball player of all time. Good reasoning skills by you.

Michael-jordan.jpg

This wasn't about Jordan's skills, genius.

This was about people attacking James' character, and we pointed out that other revered players that are bigger dirtbags and you guys get all soft and mushy with your "but but but he's the best" crap. Stop it, stop it now and actually defend why you go at LBJ's character but excuse the dirtballness of other greats.

Btw I'm moving this to the sports forum, it's gone past a RW correlation.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Throwdown":vg3bfcj4 said:
hawknation2014":vg3bfcj4 said:
Smelly McUgly":vg3bfcj4 said:
hawknation2014":vg3bfcj4 said:

Michael-jordan.jpg

This wasn't about Jordan's skills, genius.

This was about people attacking James' character, and we pointed out that other revered players that are bigger dirtbags and you guys get all soft and mushy with your "but but but he's the best" crap. Stop it, stop it now and actually defend why you go at LBJ's character but excuse the dirtballness of other greats.

Btw I'm moving this to the sports forum, it's gone past a RW correlation.

My comment was a direct response to the guy calling Michael Jordan, the greatest player of all time, an idiot.

I think Lebron is showing everyone once again how soft he is. He can't play through injury. He can't close games. Despite all the innate talent, he simply lacks the "killer instinct" to command the respect reserved for players like Kobe or Jordan.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kobe got help from his team, did you see any of that tonight?

And Jordan is an idiot, have you seen the way he runs an NBA team? The only reason they made the playoffs this year is cuz the East was trash. The best basketball player ever, legitimately doesn't know how to build a team.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":180q6k9u said:

And Jordan is an idiot, have you seen the way he runs an NBA team? The only reason they made the playoffs this year is cuz the East was trash. The best basketball player ever, legitimately doesn't know how to build a team.
and what does that have to do with anything? They're all jerks. Thing is MJ and Showboat know it and dont try to act like they aren't.

Comparing football and basketball is a weak argument. Its especially weak when a guy puts himself on the Mt Rushmore and in a sport where one player can change the game like no other game.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":wr889jd8 said:
The only reason they made the playoffs this year is cuz the East was trash.
The same should be said for the heat and the finals...

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":390prp5c said:
Throwdown":390prp5c said:

Lol did you proof read that before you posted that? Serious question.

Throwdown

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1e9p1w7a said:
Throwdown":1e9p1w7a said:

and what does that have to do with anything? They're all jerks. Thing is MJ and Showboat know it and dont try to act like they aren't.

Comparing football and basketball is a weak argument. Its especially weak when a guy puts himself on the Mt Rushmore and in a sport where one player can change the game like no other game.

See hawknation2014??? That's how you answer the question.

That's all I needed, and btw I never got that vibe from LeBron that he tries to be a good guy, then again I've never seen him do any bad guy stuff aside from the TV special.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1etipiic said:
Smelly McUgly":1etipiic said:
hawknation2014":1etipiic said:
Smelly McUgly":1etipiic said:

Jordan's jerk-assishness and idiocy have nothing to do with his ability as a player.

Do you even know what we're talking about anymore? Are you off your meds, son? Jordan was great - and he was an utter jerk to Kwame Brown, and he was a petty loser in his Basketball HOF speech, and he was a total dick to Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Doug Collins (his coach! Twice!), etc. He's a terrible person. He's also the idiot that thought that treating Kwame Brown like he did would make Kwame better. He's also the idiot that ran the Wizards into the ground. How many great athletes are there that are idiots? Probably a surprising amount because most normal people understand that being talented at a sport doesn't mean you're not an idiot.

So understand that we are talking about people worse than LeBron that somehow get nothing but reverence while LeBron gets treated like Stalin for leaving Cleveland.

You've got to just be riding Jordan beyond the point of no return because nobody could be this obtuse otherwise.

Edited by throwdown

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":2wjemizf said:
Hawkfan77":2wjemizf said:
Throwdown":2wjemizf said:

Lol did you proof read that before you posted that? Serious question.
:229031_confused2:

rcaido

Reaction score
An old article in regards to Kwame Brown & Jordan

"Brown came off the bench on December 4 to record the first double-double of his career against San Antonio's David Robinson and Tim Duncan, with 10 points and 12 rebounds. The Wizards hoped it was the start of something. But the next day, typically, he came to practice lethargic. By now Collins had had it, and so had most of his teammates. Jordan was struggling with a bad knee and doing everything he could to help turn the team around, and here was this kid who didn't know the meaning of work.

It was Brown's worst day as an NBA player. "The most physically demanding day of my entire life," he says. Collins put the Wizards through a brutal, exhausting practice. The team was in a collective foul mood. Despite Brown's mini-breakthrough, the Wizards had lost yet again. "Everyone was arguing, people were beating each other up," Brown says. But mostly, they took it out on him.

Brown couldn't do anything right. "He couldn't catch it, couldn't throw it, couldn't shoot it right," Jones says. In a series of three-on-three drills, the Wizards banged him -- hard, intentionally. "He got pretty beat around," Jones says. Center Jahidi White knocked him to the ground -- and fell on top of him. Brown lay there, stunned and bruised.

"Get up, you aren't hurt," White said.

Brown got up, aching, holding his back. His gray practice shirt was soaked through. Nobody had any sympathy for him. Not even Popeye Jones, the veteran who'd looked out for him the most. "It's time for you to grow up," Jones told him, coldly. "Now. Today. Stand on your own two feet."

Collins, still not satisfied, ordered a set of punishing sprints. Brown hesitated. "I hurt my back," he said.

Collins wheeled. Now it was his turn. "Stop being a baby and start growing up and playing, and earning the respect of your teammates," Collins shouted. "They're tired of you. They're tired of you getting knocked down, and laying around. They're tired of you holding your back. And holding your head. And holding your thumb. You're the one who has to be in that locker room, and meet them eye to eye."

Brown stared at his feet. "Do you want to play or not?" Collins snapped. No answer.

"Get off the court," Collins said disgustedly.

He sat in front of his locker trembling and crying. This is it, he thought, the league's not for me. I'm horrible. The coach thinks I'm horrible. The whole team thinks I'm horrible. I can't even play. Then he got on a treadmill and ran as hard he could, for almost an hour.

After a while, Jordan came into the locker room. He sat on a bench with Brown, and put his arm around him, and hugged him. "You're going to be all right," he said. For several minutes, he talked to Brown in soothing tones. "Doug is tough, but in a few years you'll understand how good he is," he said. They still believed in him, Jordan affirmed. "We put our necks out for you," he said. "We think you have the ingredients to be a great power forward for a long, long time."

To Brown, it meant everything. "He showed me a side you never read about," Brown says. "The M.J. who comes over and picks you up and talks to you when you're down and out."

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
From Michael Leahy's Jordan book:

Famously hard in the past on many of his Bulls teammates, Jordan saw his approach in the Wizards camp as part of the toughening process for rookies and others who had not yet learned how to win in the NBA. He liked testing people, even when it ran the risk of temporarily breaking their spirit, certain that the strong would become better for it, and that the intimidated were unworthy anyway. He rode Tyronn Lue hard for not passing him the ball in his favorite place down low near the basket and for not being positioned at the right spots to take Jordan's passes and shoot long jumpers: "What are you doin' runnin' around? Get me the ball, get set, catch my pass and shoot. I don't give a (expletive) how far out you are. Shoot out there. If you're open, don't be drivin' down in the lane and gettin' that (expletive) swatted away. Shoot."
He would be flabbergasted watching Brendan Haywood drop balls, and scornful when Courtney Alexander and Richard Hamilton got burned on defense or didn't fill the proper lane on a fast break. But he saved his most withering looks and words for Brown, with whom he didn't seem to know what he wanted to do, lavishing attention on the kid in one moment, skewering him the next. Freely admitting to having had his ass kicked on many days, Brown had taken refuge in his video games. He loved these solitary contests, his head bent with a concentration so complete that teammates calling to him sometimes couldn't get his attention.

Jordan sporadically continued trying to play the role of mentor. It was not something that came to him naturally. He regularly approached Brown in locker rooms, whispering to him, earnestly patting his back for a couple of seconds. But they were separated by a full generation, and nothing linked them other than basketball and their passion for games.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Play stopped. There was an electric silence. A wide-eyed Jordan was walking toward him. "You (expletive) flaming (expletive)," Jordan exploded. "You don't get a foul call on a (expletive) little touch foul, you (expletive). You don't bring that (expletive) here. Get your (expletive) ass back on the floor and play. I don't want to hear that (expletive) out of you again. Get your ass back and play, you (expletive)."

///////////

"It was pretty rough," Brown recalled later of the scrimmage. "But that's Michael Jordan. You deal with it. You learn you're a rookie and you're not going to get calls. ... But sometimes I felt all alone out there, like I was surrounded by sharks."

/////////

Jordan was a hell of a mentor. So gracious even in victory, too:

The greatest athlete of our time made sure to point out the high school coach who didn't put him on the varsity his sophomore year. (He was never cut, per se. That's an urban myth akin to Catfish Hunter's nickname origin.) He pointed out the guy who made the team "over" him, who was in the audience; his college roommate, Buzz Peterson; the NBA vets who froze him out in his first All-Star Game, two of whom were there, George Gervin (who presented David Robinson) and Isiah Thomas (who presented John Stockton); Jazz guard Bryon Russell, who was guarding him on his final shot in a Bulls uniform; and, of course, former Bulls general manager Jerry Krause, with whom he had real conflict during his career. Krause, forever the outsider looking in, made the mistake of claiming he was skipping Jordan's induction because former coach Tex Winter, the originator of the triangle offense, wasn't inducted.

Onstage, Jordan adroitly, and unnecessarily, noted Krause wasn't invited before going on a diatribe about how organizations don't win championships, great players like him do -- a reversal of a much-traveled portion of a longer, more balanced quote credited to Krause. Jordan was right, of course, but why bring that up on the stage in front of basketball's upper echelon? Because Jordan is the ultimate alpha male and this was his alpha male moment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/colum ... id=4468210