Lifelong Seahawks fan has that old feeling again

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
The Ram game will be telling. Can we get hit in the mouth and then come back and hit someone else in the mouth. I am not surprised that this was a tough game. I am a bit suprised that the offense did not play a little better, but every team has games like this. Even the "All time great teams".

Lets hope this is a lesson game versus the beginning of the end ;)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
For me, it's not the fact that they lost. The Cards are a tough team that had everything on the line and played very hard. What is so worrisome is just how pathetic the offense has been ever since after the Saints game. It appears to be getting worse and worse. With the offense being so bad, this team won't win in the playoffs, even at home. And if they get bounced in their first game, that is going to be a bitter pill to swallow.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I hate this line of thinking too, but it's hard not to think it when you have an offense playing as badly as ours. How many big punt returns have we had where we can't even get 3 points?

For all the "clutch" that RW had last year, he's been the antithesis of that this year. Next week is such a huge game and quite frankly I'd rather see the defense give up 31 and we win rather than doing this whole 17-10 deal.

I have total confidence in this defense, but this offense is atrocious. Nobody is playing well on that side right now. The only one who doesn't piss me off is Doug Baldwin because at least he plays angry.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
2012 really hurt 2013. There was magic in the 2nd half of the season (after the Miami loss) where nothing could go wrong, and Wilson looked liked the greatest rookie ever (which he pretty much was), and we expected that to move into 2012. We thought that with Lynch, Harvin, Rice, Tate, and Baldwin, our offense was going to be unstoppable, and our defense was going to continue its #1 ways. (Which they have.)

Unfortunately, the season has been overburdened by expectation. The team is better this year, but it feels worse because the losses have been more agonizing and some of the wins have been less enjoyable. What hasn't been factored in is that the NFC is ridiculously tough this year, and Seattle has beaten 4 of the contenders and sometimes in convincing fashion. That is a good sign, and we can only hope this is a mini-slump because of the season slog.

We have to remind ourselves that every season is different, and 2013 is a proving ground. Not 2012's seeming fairy tale. And in the middle, it's hard to judge the outcome without working ourselves into a conniption.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't expect or demand a SB from this team.

I do expect them to win the division when it is there for the taking (thus far they have failed at this twice this year) instead of choking at home.

And I expect them to at least make it to the conference championship game, given the homefield advantage and the strength of their roster.

I also think this is the last year we are the clear SB favorite, so it is probably our best shot but it doesn't mean it is our only shot. We will just have to rely on favorable matchups after making the playoffs, if we want to win it all - just like many teams that have won it all but did not have the best record did.

This clearly is not the same old Seahawks, it is a very good team that is being held back by some very stupid decisions. Some of them are by players (Browner, Thurmond, et al) and some are by coaches (Bevell, Bevell, Bevell, Pete, Bevell, Bevell).

We took some risks and went all in (the Harvin move, was an all in move even though it didn't work out), we weathered some injuries and we got a LOT of lucky breaks. A ton of them. So many that it seems like fate wanted the Seahawks in a SB.

So now we have the opportunity, we just have to produce. Either way there has been a lot of crowing about what we are going to do, so we should either do it or stop crowing about it until we do.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":e3qq0q6h said:
This post is one week premature...

Please, just hold on, think of baseball...

This, it's not panic time yet, were still where we want to be.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I think if the offense didn't look so pathetic people wouldn't feel as horrible. The showing obviously struck a cord in many despite when you started hawkdom

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Funny I have the same feeling . 0-2 in " championship type games " just looks so familiar like ive read this book or watched this movie before .

Zman80000

Reaction score
You are fine.
I'm a Browns fan and from my not out in Seattle perspective you just need Russell Wilson to get back in synch.
He's been off the last two games, and this happens even to great QB's.

My Browns are terrible so I'm adopting the 'hawks for the playoff run.

Good luck and hang in there.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Zman80000":1zjh0lu3 said:
You are fine.
I'm a Browns fan and from my not out in Seattle perspective you just need Russell Wilson to get back in synch.
He's been off the last two games, and this happens even to great QB's.

My Browns are terrible so I'm adopting the 'hawks for the playoff run.

Good luck and hang in there.
Welcome.

Latest posts