Look who we met after the game on Sunday!

Incubus

Reaction score
So....we're walking downtown a few hours after the game on Sunday when my wife says....."Hey....Doesn't that look like John Schneider in that SUV right there?"

I'm like....yeah right....of course it is Honey.

To my utter shock and amazement, the SUV pulls up right next to us and who do I see in the front passenger seat.....John Schneider!

Now I look up and realize that we're standing outside of the Metropolitan Grill, and this is where John has come to celebrate after the game. (duh)

There was no way we were going to miss this opportunity to say hello.....shake his hand.....and thank him for the most amazing year in Hawks history!! No way.

I almost felt sorry for John as I watched my wife practically attack the man!

What looked like a handshake at first....quickly turned into a GIANT bear hug as my wife engulfed him in her arms while thanking him profusely for the most amazing season, team, game...you name it!!

The best part....while he was still hugging my wife.....was hearing John thank HER for being the greatest fans in the world, telling her how much he appreciated all the amazing support, and how much the fans meant to him and the team. WOW!! I think we can all take pride in that one.

I also shook his hand and thanked him over and over. ( the beers were talking a bit....and no hugs )

Last note.....wow was he shorter than I thought. My wife is maybe 5'5" ? I'm not sure who was taller.

You be the judge.

John zpsb3fa3daa

Go Hawks!!!

dunceface

Reaction score
Daaaaaaang! That's awesome!

He seriously is the best GM in the league

Greenhell

Reaction score
I envy all the 12s who live in Seattle and get those interactions with the team. I don't give a crap, I would've bear hugged him! He and PC built the Super Bowl team that plays in 11 days.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Great story, I also got the pleasure of meeting the man on the rail outside the tunnel pregame, and did the same thing your wife did minus the bear hug. I too was struck by how passionate his thank you to me was. It really made me feel like I did/do have a part to play in this whole thing. It was awesome!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
38996281.jpg

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I understand that Russell Wilson went there also after the game to have dinner and celebrate... Probably a lot of other's... Sounds like the Metropolitan Grill was the place to be...

kobebryant

Reaction score
It was cool to see him in the post game locker room team breakdown. It seemed like he was nearly in tears and it was clear how much the players and coaches love the little guy. When he talked about how he was following a lot of those guys since they were freshman you could see how much it means to him.

I've always liked how he refuses to use the term "war room" and insists upon "draft room"

Once Pete walks away I hope JS is the #1 in command well into his 70s.

djb28

Reaction score
Wow, brain fart. I looked at the pic and thought that doesnt look like Bo Duke. Why is John Schneider a Seahawks fan? His dad just died.. It is hell getting old.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ohhh come on....that's not John. that's MysterMatt. Sheesh.

:sarcasm_off:

j/k

That's way cool.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
djb28":11pb5o8u said:
Wow, brain fart. I looked at the pic and thought that doesnt look like Bo Duke. Why is John Schneider a Seahawks fan? His dad just died.. It is hell getting old.

Ha...I thought exactly the same thing! LOL!