Marker my words, Hawks playoff game will be the first one...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
....on Saturday which will mean a disadvantage in getting guys healthy because there will be only 6 days to do so. Yes, I do think the NFL does things to screw the Hawks. I would be VERY happy to be wrong about this.

seahawks08

Reaction score
not an issue, we will be ready. I am ready, the players will be, the coaches and the 12th man, bring it on.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":m6i9i5l9 said:
....on Saturday which will mean a disadvantage in getting guys healthy because there will be only 6 days to do so. Yes, I do think the NFL does things to screw the Hawks. I would be VERY happy to be wrong about this.
I'm not betting one red cent on you being wrong especially if our opponent is Minnesota. But it won't matter because we have a date with Carolina and Arizona when it actually matters. All the better if Green Bay is our first opponent so we hit the trifecta.

davidonmi

Reaction score
The first game is traditionally the worst matchup, which would be KC-Houston.
A Seattle GB game would definitely get a prime spot, probably Sunday afternoon

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I believe the first game Saturday is an afternoon game. I'd rather be in that then the 10 am Sunday game.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2awqcctv said:
I believe the first game Saturday is an afternoon game. I'd rather be in that then the 10 am Sunday game.
Likely the league's 2nd choice for the Hawks. And guaranteed if Seattle wins and plays Carolina week 2 of the playoffs it'll be Sunday 10 AM.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2cx81spw said:

I think the only way Seattle is in play for that first playoff game would be if they faced the Vikings. Seahawks-Packers is TV ratings gold, so either NBC throws that one on on Saturday night (most likely) .. or Seahawks-Packers play early Sunday and the NFL elects to go with Redskins-Vikings to start on ESPN and a night game of Bengals-Jets or Bengals-Steelers. However, I don't really think that will happen.. as that would mean CBS essentially picked Texans-Chiefs as their Sunday playoff game over a playoff game with the Jets or Steelers.. (in other words, very unlikely that happens)

If its Seahawks-Packers... My projection would be
Chiefs at Texans - Saturday, 4:35PM ET ESPN
Seahawks at Packers - Saturday, 30 minutes after end of Chiefs-Texans, NBC

Vikings at Redskins - Sunday, 1:05PM ET, FOX
Jets/Steelers at Bengals - Sunday, 30 minutes after end of Vikes/Redskins, CBS

If Its Seahawks-Vikings .. My projection would be
Chiefs at Texans - Saturday, ESPN
Packers at Redskins - Saturday, NBC

Seahawks at Vikings - Sunday, FOX
Jets/Steelers at Bengals - Sunday, CBS

Crizilla

Reaction score
I thought we all agreed early starts don't bother this team like it did with the Hasselbeck team?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3rvsr10q said:
If I was to guess, I'd say that there is an 80% chance that we play first on Saturday.

I'd say 5% and thats being generous.

Contrary to what many Seahawk fans may feel, the networks see the Seahawks as a marquee team.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawks are not the sexy matchup this year. Why would the NFL put them in prime time? Besides the media market concerns, the NFL knows that it cant predict how the Hawks will perform. Could be a blowout, could be a slow painful death (for Hawk fans). A large portion of the US would love to see the Hawks get knocked out of the playoffs, but this a double edged sword for the NFL. Hawks might be the Goliath slayer again. If I was the NFL, I would make the Hawks play an early Saturday game. If they upset their opponent, it is used as a source to watch the other games. If the Hawks lose, well, that's what was supposed to happen and lets talk about the better games.

Man, it's hard to say that. The Hawks have been the team that every playoff game discussion has revolved around for the last 3 years, but not this year. Hawks are going to have to dig deeper than they ever have to be a factor in this years playoffs. There are at least 3 teams in the NFC that appear to be much stronger than this years version of the Hawks.

Lets see how great RW, Sherman, E Thomas, Bennett, Baldwin and Lockett perform. If RW wants to justify his contract he will pull this cards game out of his ass with zero help from the O line. I just don't see it happening with practice squad running backs and coaches who still want to beat the dead horse of running the ball first even though the O line is in shambles and the Hawks don't have a legit running back able to play on the roster.

Dam, I think tomorrows game is going to be ugly. If Lynch and the crew aren't ready for the following week I think it will be more of the same.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1sycmtto said:
Sea @ GB and Pitt @ Cin seem like the best matchups possible. Both should be the night game.

I feel like Sea @ Was has more draw than Sea @ Min but Min @ GB would get the night game.

RussB

Reaction score
irocdave":2l2ynco2 said:
If RW wants to justify his contract he will pull this cards game out of his ass with zero help from the O line. I just don't see it happening with practice squad .
Wilson doesnt have to justify shit, hes aldready proven he deserves the contract.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2egx6c88 said:
irocdave":2egx6c88 said:
If RW wants to justify his contract he will pull this cards game out of his ass with zero help from the O line. I just don't see it happening with practice squad .
Wilson doesnt have to justify shit, hes aldready proven he deserves the contract.
He will NEVER be good enough for a certain group on these boards.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":9a3oolo9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":9a3oolo9 said:
Who do the Jets play? If they win Pittsburgh is out.
Buffalo. Rex Ryan has a chance to deny his former team the playoffs. Delicious.
By the way MHG, I believe it's the national morning/noon your time game on CBS.

Latest posts