Marshawn’s take on Me3

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Given how much people here say bad things about Aaron Rodgers, I'm pretty surprised nobody is commenting on the enormous contrast between how Marshawn Lynch saw Rodgers as a teammate and how he saw Wilson as an aloof coworker.

"Aaron Rodgers is the reason why I got my opportunity at Cal." --M. Lynch

Rodgers was such a good teammate that Lynch thinks the reason he got the opportunity to shine, and didn't blow it completely when he made a mistake (went to the wrong side on the running play called for him), is because Rodgers asked for Lynch to get a play, then when Lynch ran to the wrong side, Rodgers made a smooth move and salvaged the play with a behind-the-back handoff to Lynch, who took it to the house, and then when the coaches started yelling at Lynch for going the wrong way, Rodgers covered for Lynch and took responsibility for it, even though it hadn't been his fault at all. Rodgers used his status to give a freshman teammate a chance, used his skill to salvage the play when the teammate made a mistake, and then used his status again to protect that teammate from the coaches.

And according to Lynch, they then built trust for in-game plays on that initial foundation.

Compare that to how Wilson throws everyone else under the bus rather than taking responsibility for his own failures, and you start to understand why...

Aaron Rodgers is known to be a much better teammate, and is much better-liked by his teammates, than Russell Wilson.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
That would figure, Rodgers personality is one that you hate if your the opposition, he marches to his own drummer in a lot of ways, so does Wilson, but when it comes to taking leadership and flack as well as fall out Rodgers will go up in your face so to speak, Wilson will use a deflection and push his wife or agent in front of him or lock his office door saying make an appointment.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Given how much people here say bad things about Aaron Rodgers, I'm pretty surprised nobody is commenting on the enormous contrast between how Marshawn Lynch saw Rodgers as a teammate and how he saw Wilson as an aloof coworker.

Rodgers was such a good teammate that Lynch thinks the reason he got the opportunity to shine, and didn't blow it completely when he made a mistake (went to the wrong side on the running play called for him), is because Rodgers asked for Lynch to get a play, then when Lynch ran to the wrong side, Rodgers made a smooth move and salvaged the play with a behind-the-back handoff to Lynch, who took it to the house, and then when the coaches started yelling at Lynch for going the wrong way, Rodgers covered for Lynch and took responsibility for it, even though it hadn't been his fault at all. Rodgers used his status to give a freshman teammate a chance, used his skill to salvage the play when the teammate made a mistake, and then used his status again to protect that teammate from the coaches.

And according to Lynch, they then built trust for in-game plays on that initial foundation.

Compare that to how Wilson throws everyone else under the bus rather than taking responsibility for his own failures, and you start to understand why...

Aaron Rodgers is known to be a much better teammate, and is much better-liked by his teammates, than Russell Wilson.

Point taken well done sir. Personally I wanted to see if he could make the Jets a factor.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Point taken well done sir. Personally I wanted to see if he could make the Jets a factor.

Yeah. Before Rodgers got injured, I thought the AFC East was going to be the most interesting division in the NFL, with the Bills, Dolphins, Rodgers-boosted Jets, and Patriots.
Of course, I thought the AFC East was going to be more interesting than it ended up being in 2021 and 2022. 😬
This year, in addition to Rodgers's injury hurting the Jets a lot, the Patriots have been a lot worse than I thought they'd be. I didn't think the Patriots were going to be title contenders this year, but I didn't think they'd be the mess they've been either. I thought they'd at least add a little more spice to the division.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers may have not thrown Lynch under the bus but he's thrown his teammates under the bus in GB. Looks as though Rodgers had some accountability issues while on the Packers too.

Here's an article from 2022 which has Charles Woodson calling him out for it -

Another article on Rodgers throwing teammates under the bus - https://www.sportscasting.com/aaron-rodgers-surprisingly-throws-key-packers-teammates-under-bus/