Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjdriver

Reaction score
He's already got "Back in Action" and "Unfinished Business" apparel online and available for purchase. Hmmm

Regardless, I'm going to just savor seeing one of the greatest Hawks of all time back in his proper uniform for at least two more games.

kidhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":rpvn96ef said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1209340703031083008[/tweet]

So he's been training for a return to football for a couple weeks now, apparently, since the last VMAC visit. Remember two weeks ago when we all got excited about for two seconds because Lynch was visiting? Bingo.

I really didn’t see it happening but knowing that he was preparing to snag Penny’s spot makes a lot of sense for him to be signed quickly now. Also adds a bit more sense to the Turbin signing. Turbin was never going to start here but having him in the fold for a carry or two should be helpful

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Was the visit 2 weeks ago following the Penny injury? I love this move. Something to feel good about after the loss and losing guys. I’m under no illusion we are getting the same beastmode, it just feels good. And obviously Lynch has no long time axe to grind with the time as some have tried to say about not getting the ball on the 1

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Marshawn being REAL here. :2thumbs:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/1209350985841164288[/tweet]

John63

Reaction score
Seymour":1tsjdfy1 said:
SanDiego49er":1tsjdfy1 said:
This is really kind of unbelievable IMO. A stunning move. But you have to do what you have to do with all the injuries.

No matter. If you look at the unlikely hand of jokers we've been dealt to play out with injuries, the chances this moves the needle one way or another is unlikely. May as well give some laughs on the way out.

Well it will give PC all the mo he needs to take the ball out of Wilson's hands and have anemic play calling. Look what he did last game. First drive fantastic, run/pass mix, change of pace, layered routes. Rest of the game old crap, 3 runs everyone k oqs is comming, 3rd and 4 everyone goes long etc. Lynch being back means more of the same.

Gio

Reaction score
Man wish he had never left Seattle.. Carson and Penny could learn so much from Lynch...

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Fk the naysayers im saying he plays a monster game vs the 9ers and we win. #unfinished business

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1da2jntv said:

Has History and Unfinished business, his Axe to Grind wasn't Pete as much as Bevell I am thinking.

Fanatics

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1ro8zhnz said:

He must be in downtown Oakland, his head in on a swivel. :lol:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Some of you really don’t do your research. At all. Marshawn did not “suck” in Oakland. He was a glimmering bright spot in a trash offense with a struggling QB.

I wouldn’t want Marshawn for an entire season as he’s too old for that. But for a few games? F yes. What wet behind the ears football “experts” don’t realize is that most veterans can play. For one game, with rest Tom Brady or other recently retired players can look all world. The problem is the grind of an entire NFL season.

Not sure why anyone would be opposed to 10 snaps a game. Also find it laughable people are claiming he’s high not based on facts, but on their pre-conceived notions about people. Oh, and NFL players drink and smoke during the season. This isn’t 1965

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2pynxsmj said:
Some of you really don’t do your research. At all. Marshawn did not “suck” in Oakland. He was a glimmering bright spot in a trash offense with a struggling QB.

I wouldn’t want Marshawn for an entire season as he’s too old for that. But for a few games? F yes. What wet behind the ears football “experts” don’t realize is that most veterans can play. For one game, with rest Tom Brady or other recently retired players can look all world. The problem is the grind of an entire NFL season.

Not sure why anyone would be opposed to 10 snaps a game. Also find it laughable people are claiming he’s high not based on facts, but on their pre-conceived notions about people. Oh, and NFL players drink and smoke during the season. This isn’t 1965

My reasoning for not being excited about it has nothing to do with Lynch, but PC and his tendencies.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":2zs0yq46 said:
Seymour":2zs0yq46 said:
SanDiego49er":2zs0yq46 said:
This is really kind of unbelievable IMO. A stunning move. But you have to do what you have to do with all the injuries.

No matter. If you look at the unlikely hand of jokers we've been dealt to play out with injuries, the chances this moves the needle one way or another is unlikely. May as well give some laughs on the way out.

Well it will give PC all the mo he needs to take the ball out of Wilson's hands and have anemic play calling. Look what he did last game. First drive fantastic, run/pass mix, change of pace, layered routes. Rest of the game old crap, 3 runs everyone k oqs is comming, 3rd and 4 everyone goes long etc. Lynch being back means more of the same.

Did you expect the team to go into the game with one running back on the roster? Teams don't do that.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
John63":1v01g98f said:
Scorpion05":1v01g98f said:

My reasoning for not bei g excited about it has nothing to do with Lynch, but PC and his tendencies.

Yea, but ultimately that doesn’t matter.

I don’t get the “unleash Russ” and “scheme around Russ” arguments. I would love that, I’m the biggest Russ defender out there and I get the desire to have him pass more. I feel he’s the most disrespected QB given what he’s done in recent history.

But, we are NOT built to be a pass first offense right now. That argument is saved for the offseason. Lockett is not an ideal number 1 at his size, but more so a 1A. Point is, we don’t have a team supremely built for a pass first offense. We just don’t. There are times they should pass more in games, but our team is built in Pete’s vision to run the football. When we start building our offense more like the Saints I’ll agree. For now, Beast Mode is our best option and frankly, defenses still will not want to tackle him. His strength was never speed, but power.

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":d46gk83z said:
John63":d46gk83z said:
Seymour":d46gk83z said:
SanDiego49er":d46gk83z said:

Did you expect the team to go into the game with one running back on the roster? Teams don't do that.

No not did I expect them to aign a guy who has not played in over a year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2m8bd3fl said:
John63":2m8bd3fl said:
Scorpion05":2m8bd3fl said:

My reasoning for not bei g excited about it has nothing to do with Lynch, but PC and his tendencies.

I don’t get the “unleash Russ” and “scheme around Russ” arguments. I would love that, I’m the biggest Russ defender out there and I get the desire to have him pass more. I feel he’s the most disrespected QB given what he’s done in recent history.

But, we are NOT built to be a pass first offense right now. That argument is saved for the offseason. Lockett is not an ideal number 1 at his size, but more so a 1A. Point is, we don’t have a team supremely built for a pass first offense. We just don’t. There are times they should pass more in games, but our team is built in Pete’s vision to run the football. When we start building our offense more like the Saints I’ll agree. For now, Beast Mode is our best option and frankly, defenses still will not want to tackle him. His strength was never speed, but power.

He was much faster then you think just doesn't look like a Cheetah when he runs, that and he wants to hit people.

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":214thbyr said:
John63":214thbyr said:
Scorpion05":214thbyr said:

And yet we know and have used the offense built perfectly for Wilson, but as PC has said I dont like short passes I want downfield throwing and running the ball. There is a difference in what cant be run and what they want to run. We can run a system built for Wilson, but PC wants to run his, which since 2014 has done crap in the playoffs.

Osprey

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2zid56cr said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1209336783994929152[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MommaLynch24/status/1209337800622952450[/tweet]
Storybook would be somehow getting back to the SB and Beast scores the winning TD. Hey, we can dream, can’t we.

MrThortan

Reaction score
John63":k8iss1sq said:
ivotuk":k8iss1sq said:
John63":k8iss1sq said:
MrThortan":k8iss1sq said:
I don't even care if he doesn't even get one carry. It feels good to have him back on the team when I think they are struggling with their identity.

That struggle is on PC. Lynch is going to make it worse.

INCORRECT. :141847_bnono:

To bad the facts show it is correct.

Honestly I think it has more to do with being a young team whose roster has had two years of heavy turnovers. The significance of our injuries to key players is legit, and we lack the depth to compensate. I think I read the Seahawks are the 4th youngest team in the NFL. We only have something like 3 or four players left from the Superbowl era. One more now that Lynch is here. Pete isn't perfect, but he is a damn good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.