Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":2cm1fj6x said:
John63":2cm1fj6x said:
mikeak":2cm1fj6x said:
IMHO Lynch has returned solely to help his beast mode stores and brand to do better...

At the expense of the Hawks.

I didn't say that. I still think he wants to run hard and build his brand and legend. If he thought he would be a disaster he wouldn't do it as it hurts the brand more

Then don't use the word "soley" if you don't mean solely.

Largent80

Reaction score
So what. Bozworth was smart enough to create "No Boz" t-shirts before our game with the Broncos after much media hype about him wanting to plant Elway in the turf. His target audience was the Denver area.

He SOLD OUT ALL THE SHIRTS. It was Brilliant.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zsc2nhlj said:
mikeak":zsc2nhlj said:
John63":zsc2nhlj said:
mikeak":zsc2nhlj said:
IMHO Lynch has returned solely to help his beast mode stores and brand to do better...

At the expense of the Hawks.

I didn't say that. I still think he wants to run hard and build his brand and legend. If he thought he would be a disaster he wouldn't do it as it hurts the brand more

Then don't use the word "soley" if you don't mean solely.

1) I stated above it was poorly chosen word
2) It is for this not mutually exclusive. If he came back solely for his brand then he would likely think he will do well. Still poorly chosen / wrong word by me

seahawksny

Reaction score
quadsas":u9kk4ur6 said:
mikeak":u9kk4ur6 said:

I would agree that it could have a part in that, but you have to be extremely, insanely, disturbingly naive to say that that is sole reason why he came back.

I think I won't be able to handle being on here during Niners game so I'll tell you how I really feel about your post.

f*** idiot

Is it necessary to throw F bombs out at fellow 12s?
You dont know what goes on in Lynch's mind. Plus anyone that has a brand is always looking to improve it. There is no crime in coming back to Seattle to improve his brand.

What comes with that?

1) A possible deeper run in the playoffs.
2) More jerseys sold (Im sure #24 sales have spiked this week).

Whether they win or lose with him. he wins and so do the Hawks. So WHO CARES if its the sole reason or not.

Calling someone a F-ing idiot is really not appropriate

Who cares if its for his brand or not. if the Hawks and Hawk fans benefit from it, then what does it matter what his intentions are? As long as he plays hard on the field.

Theres a reason he has a Beast Mode store down the road from the CLINK and not in Jacksonville. Its called SMART business. Maybe sales have dropped and he wants to get them back up again. Lets see, Ill go play for the Titans since they have such NO history with me. Or, Ill play for Seattle who has a rich, winning history with me.

seahawksny

Reaction score
HansGruber":1etmewkm said:
mikeak":1etmewkm said:

The one positive piece of news the Seahawks have had in weeks, no matter how the game turns out, and we got "fans" in here trying to crap all over it.

I see miserable slobs like this in real life, and I feel bad for them. How awful to live like that. To live a life where every change, every event, everything, is a constant miserable letdown or disappointment. To the point that it is all they can imagine or expect from life. I try to imagine that life, what could lead to that type of thinking, but I will never understand. I would just eat a shotgun like Cobain if life got that bad.

Hope you had a decent holiday and life improves for you, man. Nobody deserves to be this miserable.

Hes not crapping all over it. Everyone in life is going to serve themselves FIRST and foremost. If Lynch is doing that, then fine. He doesnt owe the Hawks or the fans anything.

mikeak

Reaction score
seahawksny":21weey2t said:
HansGruber":21weey2t said:
mikeak":21weey2t said:

The one positive piece of news the Seahawks have had in weeks, no matter how the game turns out, and we got "fans" in here trying to crap all over it.

I see miserable slobs like this in real life, and I feel bad for them. How awful to live like that. To live a life where every change, every event, everything, is a constant miserable letdown or disappointment. To the point that it is all they can imagine or expect from life. I try to imagine that life, what could lead to that type of thinking, but I will never understand. I would just eat a shotgun like Cobain if life got that bad.

Hope you had a decent holiday and life improves for you, man. Nobody deserves to be this miserable.

Hes not crapping all over it. Everyone in life is going to serve themselves FIRST and foremost. If Lynch is doing that, then fine. He doesnt owe the Hawks or the fans anything.

TY - my point. I don't put anything negative about it. I did screw up by saying solely but surprised about the level of reaction of some of these replied. I remember a time and age when people could disagree without name-calling...

quadsas

Reaction score
mikeak":dfw8pr0y said:
seahawksny":dfw8pr0y said:
HansGruber":dfw8pr0y said:
mikeak":dfw8pr0y said:

TY - my point. I don't put anything negative about it. I did screw up by saying solely but surprised about the level of reaction of some of these replied. I remember a time and age when people could disagree without name-calling...

when you use a completely idiotic argument you get called one. I did specifically point out why and you realised

quadsas

Reaction score
seahawksny":39kanx2d said:
quadsas":39kanx2d said:
mikeak":39kanx2d said:

I would agree that it could have a part in that, but you have to be extremely, insanely, disturbingly naive to say that that is sole reason why he came back.

I think I won't be able to handle being on here during Niners game so I'll tell you how I really feel about your post.

f*** idiot

You dont know what goes on in Lynch's mind. Plus anyone that has a brand is always looking to improve it. There is no crime in coming back to Seattle to improve his brand.

What comes with that?

Whether they win or lose with him. he wins and so do the Hawks. So WHO CARES if its the sole reason or not.

Who cares if its for his brand or not. if the Hawks and Hawk fans benefit from it, then what does it matter what his intentions are? As long as he plays hard on the field.

Theres a reason he has a Beast Mode store down the road from the CLINK and not in Jacksonville. Its called SMART business. Maybe sales have dropped and he wants to get them back up again. Lets see, Ill go play for the Titans since they have such NO history with me. Or, Ill play for Seattle who has a rich, winning history with me.

Because 'solely' implies that your 'playing hard on the field' argument is invalid

seahawksny

Reaction score
quadsas":1sewf20p said:
seahawksny":1sewf20p said:
quadsas":1sewf20p said:
mikeak":1sewf20p said:

f*** idiot

What comes with that?

Because 'solely' implies that your 'playing hard on the field' argument is invalid

solely or not. Why cant you agree to disagree?

quadsas

Reaction score
seahawksny":2bud6t2z said:
quadsas":2bud6t2z said:
seahawksny":2bud6t2z said:
quadsas":2bud6t2z said:

f*** idiot

What comes with that?

There's a line between being wrong and being idiotic. I think his post on the idiotic side. Nothing wrong with me thinking youre wrong, but when you step into idiotic territory then I'll say it.

seahawksny

Reaction score
quadsas":1h51091d said:
seahawksny":1h51091d said:
quadsas":1h51091d said:
seahawksny":1h51091d said:

What comes with that?

There's a line between being wrong and being idiotic. I think his post on the idiotic side. Nothing wrong with me thinking youre wrong, but when you step into idiotic territory then I'll say it.

Nice attitude you have. I guess you were absent the day they taught; "If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say it."

If he is coming back solely for his business, then thats his choice. What you dont seem to understand is that Lynch is going to do whats right for him. Not you or me or anyone else. I guess to you thats on the "idiotic side".

mikeak

Reaction score
:greetingsearthling:
quadsas":mz6spywy said:
seahawksny":mz6spywy said:
quadsas":mz6spywy said:
mikeak":mz6spywy said:

f*** idiot

What comes with that?

Wrong

Solely would mean he does whatever he does to make the brand bigger and sell more. That is his motivation.

If you think that happens with him laying down an egg on the field then I would suggest avoiding business as a field of work. I never said anything about how he would perform. I stated what I think his motivation to come back is.

Only thing worse than plain rude name-calling (like most of you would never date to say in person) is putting words in peoples mouth then name call for stuff you came up with on your own.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
1) ML is coming back for philanthropic/personal reasons (wanting to help the Hawks advance to SB, wanting to get the carry at the 1 yard line if so, etc.)

2) ML is doing it so he can sell more swag in his stores.

Both can be true.

It doesn't matter how much more true one is than the other. What matters is if he balls out over the at least two games we'll have with him.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":10oiseba said:
Everyone in life is going to serve themselves FIRST and foremost.

Not "everyone". Only those who are built like that, which isn't even "the great majority" of people. From what I've seen, however, everyone who is built like that firmly believes deep in their hearts that everyone else is built like that too.

quadsas

Reaction score
mikeak":1gatbegd said:
:greetingsearthling:
quadsas":1gatbegd said:
seahawksny":1gatbegd said:
quadsas":1gatbegd said:

f*** idiot

What comes with that?

Wrong

Solely would mean he does whatever he does to make the brand bigger and sell more. That is his motivation.

If you think that happens with him laying down an egg on the field then I would suggest avoiding business as a field of work. I never said anything about how he would perform. I stated what I think his motivation to come back is.

Only thing worse than plain rude name-calling (like most of you would never date to say in person) is putting words in peoples mouth then name call for stuff you came up with on your own.

No, you're making a separate argument here. Not sure why youre still trying to justify that when you already admitted you worded it poorly.

quadsas

Reaction score
seahawksny":3c9g0mbg said:
quadsas":3c9g0mbg said:
seahawksny":3c9g0mbg said:
quadsas":3c9g0mbg said:

Nice attitude you have. I guess you were absent the day they taught; "If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say it."

If he is coming back solely for his business, then thats his choice. What you dont seem to understand is that Lynch is going to do whats right for him. Not you or me or anyone else. I guess to you thats on the "idiotic side".

It's idiotic because Lynch clearly stated before signing that he has unfinished business, which completely destroys his argument. Idiotic

seahawksny

Reaction score
GeekHawk":15x9punn said:
seahawksny":15x9punn said:
Everyone in life is going to serve themselves FIRST and foremost.

Not "everyone". Only those who are built like that, which isn't even "the great majority" of people. From what I've seen, however, everyone who is built like that firmly believes deep in their hearts that everyone else is built like that too.

I agree with you that I dont think that everyone believes that. I just know that most people successful in business want to see themselves succeed and care less if peoples feelings are hurt. I cant tell you what he is like personally, but i do know that he doesnt care what everyone else thinks.

The most brilliant stance he took was the "Im just here so i dont get fined" stance. Basically what he is saying, is that you can criticize all you want, i dont care if you like my answers or not. This is who i am. If the media was smart, they would just have stopped asking him questions, but he baited them to keep asking, preyed on their weakness ( which was not leaving him alone) and he kept answering the same thing, thereby selling more of himself and his brand. Proving he was smarter than they were. He knew by doing this, people would be talking about it for years to come.

D

DomeHawk

Hilarious, if nothing else it has created enough drama for the national media to be all over it.

(And, eight pages of .NET ramblings.)

Lol

seahawksny

Reaction score
quadsas":2130fhi0 said:
seahawksny":2130fhi0 said:
quadsas":2130fhi0 said:
seahawksny":2130fhi0 said:

It's idiotic because Lynch clearly stated before signing that he has unfinished business, which completely destroys his argument. Idiotic

What would be idiotic is Lynch come out and say- Im doing this to help my brand. Of course he will say unfinished business in terms of football. Whether he is sincer or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.