May 6th, Astros vs Mariners what a Memorable Game!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nothing, nothing, nothing, for 7 innings, but they don't quit, they keep playing, and it happened! 2 outs in the 8th inning..."No Big Deal, we'll just score 7 runs in one suspenseful at bat after suspenseful at bat, and break the Astros Blackened Heart!"

From ESPN:

What became a wild, memorable eighth-inning rally started innocently. A two-out walk on a 3-2 pitch didn't seem like the precursor to some Seattle Mariners chaos.

Seven runs and 10 batters later, a bit of the chaos ball that helped fuel the Mariners playoff run a season ago had reappeared.

J.P. Crawford's two-out, three-run double pulled Seattle even, Jose Caballero followed two batters later with a two-run double, and the Mariners scored seven times in the eighth inning for a 7-5 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night.

“That eighth inning is us. Take our walks, little hits and then some clutch ones. That’s our baseball," Julio Rodríguez and Jarred Kelenic also added RBI singles. All told, the Mariners sent 12 batters to the plate in the inning and had seven hits with two outs. Crawford said.

Julio Rodríguez and Jarred Kelenic also added RBI singles. All told, the Mariners sent 12 batters to the plate in the inning and had seven hits with two outs.

Mariners Complete Epic Comeback Seattle Mariners

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
The highlights missed my favorite play of that inning, when Bregman and Pena knock each other out trying to field Cal Raleigh's check swing bunt. That play, I hope, will be the start of the Astros' decline and signify a fitting end to the dominance of the Astros in the AL West.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
The highlights missed my favorite play of that inning, when Bregman and Pena knock each other out trying to field Cal Raleigh's check swing bunt. That play, I hope, will be the start of the Astros' decline and signify a fitting end to the dominance of the Astros in the AL West.
Yes, more "Chaos Ball" please :)