Mayweather vs McGregor August 26

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2prd3qah said:
This fight would be more interesting if they just held it in a giant Scrooge McDuckian vault and threw gold coins at each other... because that's all that's really happening
:2thumbs:
Remember Rocky against Hulk?This is worse..

Atradees

Reaction score
This is an exhibition. Not a real boxing match. McGregor is not from the same sport. The age disparity is very real.

I'm calling for.....McGregor knockout by de tird round. Irish lilt please. Ty. We win.

knownone

Reaction score
As a long time boxing fan, this fight is kind of embarrassing. Not because Floyd is fighting a guy who literally doesn't even have a punchers chance... No, it's embarrassing because the media is making Floyd out to be the GOAT because he will surpass Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0. FFS, Julio Ceasar Chevas was 87-0 against better competition and he was in the same weight class as Floyd. Now he's gonna fight a guy who shouldn't even be allowed to step into the ring with him... and that's the fight that will solidify Floyd as the greatest? I can't stand Manny Pacquiao but he has a better claim than Floyd as The GOAT.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This whole thing seems to be a glorified episode of Superstars from about 40 years ago.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Since there's some boxing fans in this thread, what does everyone think about Canelo-GGG?

That one feels much more worth my money.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
kobebryant":1xjvt5k7 said:
Since there's some boxing fans in this thread, what does everyone think about Canelo-GGG?

I think it will be a very good fight. GGG has looked pretty shaky his last two fights, whereas Canelo was very impressive in his last fight. If GGG were in his prime I think he'd beat Canelo, but I think he's starting to slow down.

The possible fight that would really interest me would be GGG against Ward, assuming GGG beats Canelo.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":dcfiqxsn said:
kobebryant":dcfiqxsn said:

I think it will be a very good fight. GGG has looked pretty shaky his last two fights, whereas Canelo was very impressive in his last fight. If GGG were in his prime I think he'd beat Canelo, but I think he's starting to slow down.

The possible fight that would really interest me would be GGG against Ward, assuming GGG beats Canelo.

Pumped. I think there is a lot of really good boxing out there for those who want to find it and know where to look for it.

As for Connor/Floyd - what a sham. Floyd won't get touched and will stay undefeated; Connor won't get hurt, he'll lose but it doesn't hurt his reputation because he isn't a boxer. They both walk away with 100's of millions. They've been in cahoots and laughing amongst themselves about this risk free money making scheme from day 1.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
There are some great boxers between 140 lbs and 147 lbs. Boxing is actually in a good place because of the talent, now we just need the right matches. Terence Crawford, Keith Thurman and Errol Spence Jr are all great boxers. Crawford could be the next big thing. He just scheduled a fight for this August on ESPN against Lomachenko. Thurman is currently recovering from elbow surgery, but should be ready to go by this winter. If we can get two of those three guys to fight against each other, that will be a great match.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Not gonna be broadcast in 4k from what I'm hearing....bummer.

I think Mayweather is going to win easily, but it should be an entertaining spectacle.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
It's a joke of a fight. Mayweather will toy with him for 12 rounds. McGregor will be totally gassed in the later rounds and will probably end up seriously hurting something. It takes boxers years to work up to a 10-round professional fight. Admittedly, five-minute MMA rounds take more endurance than three minutes per round of boxing, but McGregor has looked gassed in the third round of MMA fights! What will he look like in minute 30 of a sport he has barely trained in? I think McGregor will tough it out and receive his plaudits for that. However, the whole fight is just one more illustration of the loathsomeness of Mayweather.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
This isn't much different from Lyle Alzado fighting Ali in 1979. The only difference is the PPV audience coughing up billions deceived into thinking it's a real fight.

McGregor will likely go full throttle in the beginning and wear out and Mayweather will keep him in it for several rounds as the script calls for. Sad state of high profile boxing.

Crizilla

Reaction score
knownone":tg4acjpw said:
This is one of the dumbest fights in history. I hope people are wise and don't fall for the obvious cash grab.

the whole cash grab thing is a dumb argument. Boxing matches happen once every...what? it's a very rare event, not to mention they are beating each other up. Big bucks HAS to be involved, plus this is America. It's a good thing that it's a cash grab. It's inevitable. Whether or not it's a good fight will decide if it's worth your money. Pac vs Mayweather was a let down for sure though. I initially thought McGregor will win this fight easily but then I forgot he has to get down to the same weight as Mayweather. I think it's a toss up, I just want it to be a good damn fight. Give me 6 rounds of a good fight and I'll be happy.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Crizilla":3hqs1rzp said:
knownone":3hqs1rzp said:
This is one of the dumbest fights in history. I hope people are wise and don't fall for the obvious cash grab.

the whole cash grab thing is a dumb argument. Boxing matches happen once every...what? it's a very rare event, not to mention they are beating each other up. Big bucks HAS to be involved, plus this is America. It's a good thing that it's a cash grab. It's inevitable. Whether or not it's a good fight will decide if it's worth your money. Pac vs Mayweather was a let down for sure though. I initially thought McGregor will win this fight easily but then I forgot he has to get down to the same weight as Mayweather. I think it's a toss up, I just want it to be a good damn fight. Give me 6 rounds of a good fight and I'll be happy.

Your not going to be happy. Mayweather will Dodge Dip Dive Duck and Dodge the entire fight like he always does and will win in a decision...

hawknation2017

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3kokul85 said:
Crizilla":3kokul85 said:
knownone":3kokul85 said:

Your not going to be happy. Mayweather will Dodge Dip Dive Duck and Dodge the entire fight like he always does and will win in a decision...

This. Sorry to say.

Tical21

Reaction score
Crizilla":10p4l1rs said:
knownone":10p4l1rs said:

Wait, what?? If McGregor tried to venture into boxing, he'd start at the bottom, fighting poor to average professional boxers, and my guess is he would do pretty poorly. There's just too much hand speed, power, and angles that he isn't aware of. Now, not only is he going to go into this new sport, but he's not taking on a poor to average professional boxer. He's fighting the best of the generation. If this wasn't fixed, it wouldn't make it out of round one. You're out of your mind if you think there is any chance we'll get six good rounds. One or two would be more than I'd expect.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cyrus12":273ktv4x said:
Waste of money like all mayweather fights....

I caught a few rounds of his fight vs (and his name is escaping me right now! Mexican fighter) last night on tv.

McGregor is so fast. He will be able to pick apart McGregor with his jab and just run around him all night. You don't see hand speed in the UFC like Mayweather has.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2w4fojad said:
Cyrus12":2w4fojad said:
Waste of money like all mayweather fights....

McGregor is so fast. He will be able to pick apart McGregor with his jab and just run around him all night. You don't see hand speed in the UFC like Mayweather has.
So you don't think McGregor can catch McGregor? It's possible. He just has to keep punching himself in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk