Michael Penix & RB Dillon Johnson pods

ivotuk

Reaction score
Washington Huskies QB Michael Penix Jr.

UW quarterback, Michael Penix Jr, joins Dave and Bob to talk about the whirlwind last few weeks and describes what the Heisman Trophy weekend was like for him. Penix also talks about what led to the special season for the Huskies and how they are getting ready for the Texas Longhorns in the College Football Playoff semifinal.

UW running back Dillon Johnson

Huskies running back Dillon Johnson joins Dave and Bob to talk about how he has used this off time to heal up, how much he was actually hurting during the season, and the goals he has set and still wants to achieve this season. Johnson also gives his early impressions about the Texas defense and the pride the offense has in the UW offensive line winning a prestigious award.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If Penix wins the national championship, I wonder if that will move him up the draft board. It didn't help Bennett. Interesting.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
If Penix wins the national championship, I wonder if that will move him up the draft board. It didn't help Bennett. Interesting.
Depends on how they'd win it. If Dillon Johnson was the MVP, Penix's stock probably stays put. If Penix led a game winning drive, then his stock would likely go up.

You can't really compare Penix's situation with Bennett's, Georgia had an elite defense, and that was clearly the reason why they won so many games. Penix, on the other hand, doesn't have an elite defense to give him so much cushion (understatement of the year), he carried the team multiple times. Penix has the look of a franchise QB, Bennett never did.

fenderbender123

Reaction score

I doubt that matters much to scouts. It certainly creates more hype around him, though.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I doubt that matters much to scouts. It certainly creates more hype around him, though.
It not so much winning as how well all these QBs play in the games. Theoretically, he could win the game and still get outplayed by the opposing QB. I am still undecided between him and Nix. Will watch both onn1/1/24.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Penix has that 'Laser, rocket arm" that Peyton Manning talked about but never really had. Funny thing is, Arch Manning got to watch it in full display from the sidelines.

WarHawks

Reaction score
He screams Seahawk to me. Those long, accurate rainbow bombs and precise out route and over the middle darts, great decision making, and clutch end of game plays are mesmerizing. What's not to like.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Penix has that 'Laser, rocket arm" that Peyton Manning talked about but never really had. Funny thing is, Arch Manning got to watch it in full display from the sidelines.
Whoah are you saying Peyton didn't have a rocket?
The Denver version certainly did not but up to his prime with the
Colts he certainly did.
I was at some of the games to actually see it and my eyes are fine.