Mike MacDonald removes Carroll related Seahawks imprint

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete did the same exact thing. But I guess that was ok? :rolleyes:

Again, maybe they should make a big statue of Pete to bow to every morning.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The "glory days" of the Pete regime was over a decade ago now. Heck, the last playoff win was 5 years ago. Do seeing pictures of that really resonate with the players now? I can see this being a bigger issue of the team was only a couple of years removed from super bowl and conference championship appearances with the core of that team still around.

If the messaging is to the current players "it's time for you to create your own legacy" - then I don't see a flaw in that

beaumaris

Reaction score
This is a really bad sign.
You can paint it however you want. But this is the kind of thing you end up seeing a losing coach do.

Great coaches want to cultivate greatness. They milk that tradition, not throttle it.

I am trying to be optimistic. I like this coaching hire. But this ain't great. Insecure coaches do this all the time.
Winners don't do it that often. Many lean the other way.
I am hoping they are exaggerating how much is being stripped out.
LOL! Dry your eyes bud.:rolleyes:

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Yes! Please! Get rid of all the rah rah rah bs that got exposed when Russ didn't hand it off. Thank you!

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
John said they are going digital...they will have images, but they will be on screens...The SB Banner and player nameplates are still there...so to the tighties whose whities are stuck in the crack a their behind....

Dismas

Reaction score
So, I did not see anything about a Hasselback mural, or a Shaun picture... who got fired up when Pete erased the holmgren Era stuff?
Nobody

This is the silliest not news thing, istg

chris98251

Reaction score
So you get re married but you want your new wife to leave all your ex's pictures up with kids and family and your wedding because it's history? Oh and the furniture, Bedroom set all that good stuff because it's already paid for right.

Northhawk

Reaction score
John talks about it in the beginning of the video. Basically, they're doing renovations. Updating the place. "Going Digital". Adding tv's to walls. Said there is still a shit ton of pictures and whatnot in the building.

It's frustrating when someone posts a logical answer to an illogical rumor or conspiracy theory and posters ignore it in order and continue to rant.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This is one of those things whose value will hinge entirely on whether Macdonald succeeds here. If the accomplishments represented in those erased images aren't matched by his teams, a lot of people in this thread are going to wind up thinking they should have been left up.

That said, I think the players are reacting differently than people in here are. The players understand it's more about empowering them and bringing them together. The people in this thread are just rubbing sandpaper in their Carroll owies.

chris98251

Reaction score
None of the players that won that Superbowl are here anymore nor I think any of the Coaches, Just John now.