MNF parking?

BoxFan

Reaction score
Hoping someone can point this Alaska resident to a decent parking solution for the Eagles game, first time ever getting to see the Seahawks and I am stoked!

Is it as simple as just driving up to one of the parking garages and paying, or do I need to reserve a parking spot? How early do they let people park in there (hoping to spend the day with the GF in the area before the game). Is there a better (ie., cheaper and/or more secure) solution than the parking garages that the smart people use? Borrowing a friend's car, don't want to have any broken windows or damage to replace...

Thanks in advance for the help!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
You’re really better off taking public transportation. You can park at a light rail station (Angle lake, Seatac Airport, Tukwila, Northgate stations, etc.) and then take the light rail (maybe 6 bucks round trip a person) and either head north or south, depending on your starting point, and then light it to the Stadium stop, and walk the rest of the way, like, 15 mins walk to Lumen Field.

This is my best advice so you don’t need to drive and find parking and then have to pay an arm and a leg to park.

sutz

Reaction score
I used to use the Tukwila Park & Ride lot and ride the bus in. Don't remember the line, but it dumped me off on 4th Ave just a couple of blocks from the stadium. Probably one coming from north or east as well.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
As the other posters have stated, Light Rail is your best bet. Angle Lake is my preferred parking garage. You don't need to pay or reserve spots but I'd strongly recommend getting there like 3 hours before kickoff. Take the 45 minute ride into the city, get off at the stadium exit and have fun before the game.

Also, when leaving the game, I suggest getting on at the Chinatown station, because most will get on at the stadium station again and it can be challenging getting on.

At least that's what I do

Edit: Sorry I forgot the game was prime time. Showing up at 9 in the morning would make for a long day

Last edited:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
As the other posters have stated, Light Rail is your best bet. Angle Lake is my preferred parking garage. You don't need to pay or reserve spots but I'd strongly recommend getting there like 3 hours before kickoff. Take the 45 minute ride into the city, get off at the stadium exit and have fun before the game.

Also, when leaving the game, I suggest getting on at the Chinatown station, because most will get on at the stadium station again and it can be challenging getting on.

At least that's what I do

Edit: Sorry I forgot the game was prime time. Showing up at 9 in the morning would make for a long day
is getting on at Chinatown station way less packed than waiting for room on the stadium station? Because there’s some sardines like conditions packing those trains.

Weadoption

Reaction score
take the train to Chinatown station, nice little walk to the Kingdome, or that’s what they called it in 1984 last time I was there. Grandpa and my teenage ass visiting from Cali. One of the best sports days of my life. First live NFL game for me, got to see Largent catch a deep bomb from Krieg. One of those close your eyes still and you can see it memories.
This is why my AFC team was the Seahawks. But then it got all fkd up with realignment, made worse marrying into Seahawks in-laws.
I really do root for this club when they aren’t playing SF, i am like a fan hermaphrodite.
Gummies are kicking in

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hoping someone can point this Alaska resident to a decent parking solution for the Eagles game, first time ever getting to see the Seahawks and I am stoked!

Is it as simple as just driving up to one of the parking garages and paying, or do I need to reserve a parking spot? How early do they let people park in there (hoping to spend the day with the GF in the area before the game). Is there a better (ie., cheaper and/or more secure) solution than the parking garages that the smart people use? Borrowing a friend's car, don't want to have any broken windows or damage to replace...

Thanks in advance for the help!
Parking and traffic on a weekday in downtown are going to be problematic, so as others have suggested, I'd opt for public transit, ie Link light rail. The other option is Uber or Lyft.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
is getting on at Chinatown station way less packed than waiting for room on the stadium station? Because there’s some sardines like conditions packing those trains.
Going southbound, it's a much easier getting on at Chinatown in my opinion. I've had much better luck doing this after Seahawks and Mariners games.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Just don't park in Chinatown, I used to park there all the time like game after game year after year no issues. The last two times my truck got broken into. i don't park there anymore which is sad because I loved eating Chinese food before/after games.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For years I always parked in the outskirts of Chinatown. Only a mile walk to the stadium (doesn't feel like it). That way it was easy for me to get out of dodge and not be stuck in the congestion that was much closer to the stadium after the game. Plus for years parking was only $20 bucks. Now it's over $40 with tax.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Where are you driving from, and where are you driving to, after the game? That makes a big difference.

If I'm not heading back to the same part of town, after the game, I will use one of the apps to make a parking reservation, preferably at an enclosed garage. Being a Monday game, it will be more challenging to find a place, especially if you need it all day.

If I'm heading back to the same place, then I will park well away from downtown, and take either the light rail, or the bus

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Remember the rail from Kent Station too. If that is the area. When I went to the game, we just walked there from my brothers place next door and caught the Sooner or whatever it was called. Good luck.

kidhawk

Reaction score
When I have made the trip I have either stayed downtown and walked or took the light rail (I believe that’s the correct term) to the game. If you aren’t staying near the rail maybe getting a ride to one or driving and parking near one could be a good option. Event parking can get crazy expensive the closer you get to the stadium.

OP
OP
B

BoxFan

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the info, it's appreciated. To answer a few Q's-

I'm coming up from Portland Monday morning, planning on staying the day in Seattle to eat, walk around, and likely let the GF spend a bunch of money, and going to the game that evening. Then we're heading to Marysville that night to stay with family and return my friend's car. It's going to be a heck of a day, but this is how it needs to happen. If I'm getting the jist of what you all are putting out here, I probably just need step up and reserve a garage parking spot near the stadium in an app. Using light rail will cost some hours, and we'd be backtracking at some point.... This is going to be an expensive day as it is, what's another $50-80 or so??

Thanks again,

BoxFan

sutz

Reaction score

I'm coming up from Portland Monday morning, planning on staying the day in Seattle to eat, walk around, and likely let the GF spend a bunch of money, and going to the game that evening. Then we're heading to Marysville that night to stay with family and return my friend's car. It's going to be a heck of a day, but this is how it needs to happen. If I'm getting the jist of what you all are putting out here, I probably just need step up and reserve a garage parking spot near the stadium in an app. Using light rail will cost some hours, and we'd be backtracking at some point.... This is going to be an expensive day as it is, what's another $50-80 or so??

Thanks again,

BoxFan
Well, sounds like you're doing the important part and planning ahead. I hope you have a great day all around.

Go Seahawks!

kidhawk

Reaction score

Thanks again,

BoxFan

With all the extras you have going on you are probably best just biting the billet and finding a garage space ahead of time like you said. Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Hope the game doesn’t disappoint.

bigskydoc

Reaction score

Thanks again,

BoxFan
I wondered if this might be the case. It certainly makes it mire challenging on a weekday.

The way I see it, you’ve got three choices. No natter which you take, you’re going to have to deal with Tacoma traffic.

Once through there, you can

1 - skip the morning downtown Seattle traffic, and deal with post-game traffic, by parking near the airport, and taking the light rail in. There’s a good chance that traffic will have cleared out by the time you get back to downtown, but the light rail is more crowded going south. Definitely want to board at Chinatown.

2 - deal with Seattle downtown traffic, both going into and leaving after the game, by parking downtown, at the expensive weekday rate. You hit every possible traffic jam if you do this. Pre-reserve your garage spot online, so you have a chance to price shop from the comfort of your home, rather than driving around in traffic.

3 - get through downtown traffic in the morning, park north of town (Northlake) and take the light rail back to the stadium/ downtown.

Or the three options, I personally would take the third. You only have to deal with traffic once, and it may not be that bad, depending on what time you hit Seattle. You probably want to board at the stadium station, because the cars will fill up there before they leave for Chinatown.

In my experience, the light rail going north is less crowded.