Murray Out

RiverDog

Reaction score
I lived in the Phoenix area for 20 yrs moved out 2020 the area has a lot of transplants and if the team isn’t playing well they will stop going to the games. When I moved to the area I was going to games at Sun Devil Stadium where your seat was an aluminum bench seat that would be too hot to sit on during the 1st month the season

Not a fan of Murray I would have cut my losses and not given him an extension there were too many red flags with him. I understand the drafting of him it was a lean draft year with Bosa being the only other player worth drafting at #1
I had a friend from Phoenix tell me one time that everyone is from somewhere else. There's a very large retirement community, especially during football season when the weather is mild. The Cards aren't a home grown franchise, having moved from St. Louis in the 80's. In their SB run during the Kurt Warner days, they didn't sell out a home playoff game until a private company bought up enough tickets to remove the TV blackout for the local area. They have a wimpy fan base.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
St. Louis was (still is) a baseball town. The football St. Louis Cardinals were doomed from the get-go, having relocated from Chicago after the 1959 season. They had no winning history in Chicago except for a couple of years in the '40s and in 1925.

I was actually a St. Louis Cardinals fan for almost a decade back in the '70s. They were known as the Cardiac Kids under Don Coryell's leadership.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
I am sad for Cards fans. They are true fans and deserve better than this idiot child supported by his idiot coach.

Better days ahead when they are both gone.
I absolutely disagree with this sentiment as I have lived here for 20+ years. There are some true fans but the vast majority are just here when their first choice teams suck. And/or the cards are doing well.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I am sad for Cards fans. They are true fans and deserve better than this idiot child supported by his idiot coach.

Better days ahead when they are both gone.
explain what you mean idiot coach?

Chuckwow

Reaction score
When Wilson was at his most effective and hurting opponents with his legs while also winning games and putting butts in seats, several teams just knew they had to have that guy, too. The Ravens drafted Jackson. The Cards drafted Murray (!) and then SF even got in on the action with Lance. I suppose it was fun for a little while. But those guys are constantly hurt. Wilson knew how to run and he knew when to not run. He knew how to protect the brand (and I mean that as a compliment). There's a reason this league has only seen a handful of running QBs that had long term success and Kyler Murray's name won't be added to that list.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
When Wilson was at his most effective and hurting opponents with his legs while also winning games and putting butts in seats, several teams just knew they had to have that guy, too. The Ravens drafted Jackson. The Cards drafted Murray (!) and then SF even got in on the action with Lance. I suppose it was fun for a little while. But those guys are constantly hurt. Wilson knew how to run and he knew when to not run. He knew how to protect the brand (and I mean that as a compliment). There's a reason this league has only seen a handful of running QBs that had long term success and Kyler Murray's name won't be added to that list.
When he had legs he also had the arm so they couldn't just worry about one or the other.
All these other ones can run but they are not as good of passers so they run more.
Once all couldn't or can't run it's over and there is no good timeline when it happens.
RB's usually 4-5 good years with a lot of carries and then go down hill.
A RB playing QB you figure doesn't run as much so double that to 8-10 years barring injuries
which Josh,Kyler and Lammar are going against so I don't see them lasting to 8 years.