Must underrated hawk of all time IYHO.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rjdriver":2ro03z3h said:
We had a guy named Daryl Turner in the 80's. WR who had 13 touchdowns in 1985 and 36 TD's in his 4 years a Hawk. I know it's not a common name, but I have always considered him underrated. He was an awesome long ball threat and really came to play during primetime games. He didn't get much attention because we had a pretty decent kid from Oklahoma as the other WR.

He may not be the MOST underrated Hawk, but I think he is definitely an underrated Seahawk who played on some of the best teams we've ever fielded.

Excellent choice. Daryl Turner was a badass on some good Seahawks 80's teams.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2ps3b5aq said:
Eugene Robinson.

Interesting...I would probably put Rufus Porter or Fredd Young above Eugene for underrated. Do I have that wrong? I defer, of course, to The One Who Deserves The Title Hawkstorian.

:p

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Underrated vs overrated has to do with who's doing the rating and how they're rated. I think Ruf and Fredd are well-regarded and remembered by most long-time fans. I think Eugene is an all-time great Seahawk who tends to slip through the cracks of too many memories. Of course, playing during the dark years will do that.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":79n4kazd said:
No wrong answers.

Mine: John L. Williams. Dude was a beast. Great blocker, great runner that would run people over, great pass catcher out of the backfield.

[youtube]WI4-EeJBUIw[/youtube]
Like you said, he was a beast and everyone knew it.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Gonna sy, Michael Jackson and Joe Jarovieous...(sp).. David Wyman?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Michael Jackson is a good choice as a really good player who isn't always remembered as such.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I have a soft spot in my heart for Michael Sinclair. I was gonna say Mack Strong, but others have mentioned him, so I'll mention Sinclair here.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah Sinclair was a monster in 1998 leading the league with 16 sacks. Outside of that, folks don't tend to remember him too much.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawkpride":2wfb5dtw said:
Paul Skanski (sp?)

Wide receiver that always held on to the ball no matter how hard he was hit, and he got hit hard a lot, Us old folks remember him well..

Paul Skansi. I recall him when we got the team. Dont remember when he left as I was young then and parents dont watch football.

A great choice. Thanks
OMG...he is old..... :twisted:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... anPa00.htm

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Michael McCrary. Had 13.5 sacks for the Seahawks in 1996. Then went to the Ravens and was very productive with them too.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Chris Gray - OL

Jon Kitna - a gamer, never got the love he deserved...solid career overall.

Ken Lucas - 25 INT's

Itula Mili

keasley45

Reaction score
John L Williams for sure. had he not been injured coming out of college, he would have been a feature RB in the league. As it was, he was an undeniable all time great at FB and had FB been a position that was represented at the pro-bowl he would have gone every year he was in seattle. He was that good. HOF Good. The year we needed him to fill in at RB, 1987 i think he ran for something like almost 900 yards for the year and caught over 600 yards in passes. Just a monster of a player. And for his career he racked up just over 5000 yards rushing and nearly as much through the air.

Michael Sinclair was another good one.

Norm Johnson - played well... forever.

Itula Mili i think would have been great if he could have ever stayed healthy. Good speed, Good hands. Steady. Reliable.

Always liked Derrick Fenner. Talk about a guy who had all the potential in the world but never cashed in. He was absolutely incredible coming out of college. Not underrated for what he ultimately contributed, but for what he was as a talent, for sure.

Anthony Simmons

Robbie Toebeck

Latest posts