Ndamukong Suh

knownone

Reaction score
nanomoz":e2xhu9od said:
Fair points, knownone. I respect your opinion on this, given those numbers. Crazy Jarran Reed had 24 QB hits.

I don't think those stats preclude taking a fair number of plays off, but I respect that you do. For sure. I think they do indicate he doesn't deserve nearly as bad of a rap as he's gotten as to being lazy. But I've heard a couple of people I respect claim that Suh admitted to mailing it in some last year. Though, I can't find evidence of this anywhere. I think the first place I heard it was from Rob Staton at Seahawks Draft Blog. If I think of it, I'll ask him where he heard it.

For what it's worth, Suh is regarded as one of the most physically gifted interior lineman in this generation. That, combined with how many opportunities there were to rush the passer without worrying about the running game, and playing with Donald and Brockers, could afford production that looks more impressive than it is.

But, conversely, as you point out, it could go the other way as well--Donald did have quite a season last year.

That was verbose. Apologies. :)
Honestly, I agree with you. It's entirely possible Suh is so physically gifted he still dominates even while taking plays off, or that the Rams line is so stacked he can coast and still put up numbers. I'm not a scout. I didn't watch every Suh snap. I just dug into his numbers and read a few Rams articles that ran counter to the narrative I've heard in the media.

No worries! I enjoy doing research and having my opinions challenged.

knownone

Reaction score
hawks85":2674jjq7 said:
Someone asked me why we would pass on Suh. Its simple...We need to pay wags. Hawks have like 20 mil in cap space or something like that. Wags is gonna get a extension and I think he gets paid this year. Wags is probably gonna get I dont know maybe 17 mil a year give or take. Wags is gonna get that frank clark money.
This is tricky. The Hawks have 25M in cap space, but that includes Bobby at his current cap number. If you remove Bobby's cap hit this season, the Seahawks have just under 40M. So extending Bobby really doesn't hinder them from signing Suh or any other free agent this season.

Our cap situation is in a good place at the moment.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Would rather stick with Reed and Ford, and allow some other young guys to battle for snaps

kf3339

Reaction score
I think it depends on more how far PC thinks we are from making another deep run in the playoffs after several years of one and done or just missing. If they think this team is ready to make another Superbowl run, then they make a run at him.

If not, we probably pass. Personally, I would like him on this team for a fair price to both sides. We will know soon enough.

Largent80

Reaction score
Anyone remember Fluker pancaking his ass more than once last year?

PASS. He's all about money, always has been, and never been a difference maker, now he's old and rich, just NOT a fit.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Is this the year we bring him in?

He made 9.5 mill last year and it sounds like he’s gonna be cheaper this year. He’s always on a team that has a DE post good sack numbers . Cliff Avril posted 8.5, 11 abs 9.5 in the 3 years they played together. Cam Wake had 2 excellent years of double digit sacks playing with Suh, his next year without Suh he had 4.5 nearly a third as many. Aaron Donald had 20.5 sacks his 1st year with suh, only 12 the next year without. And this year Barrett recorded 19.5 sacks in his 1st year playing with Suh. Call me nuts but I don’t think it’s coincidence. If the price is right I think we need to bring this guy in on a 2 year deal. He’s gonna be cheaper than Reed, historically he’s an iron man and never misses games plus if we can resign clowney I think this could give him more space and not be constantly doubled.

knownone

Reaction score
Largent80":24i45fu5 said:
Anyone remember Fluker pancaking his ass more than once last year?

PASS. He's all about money, always has been, and never been a difference maker, now he's old and rich, just NOT a fit.
Are you really judging a player on a handful of plays?

Suh was in the top 10 in run defense last season, and would have lead Seattle in tackles for loss, QB hits, and pressure rate (among DTs). He put up '18 Jarran Reed numbers - minus the sacks - for Tampa last year. So depending on his price tag, he could be the perfect bridge if they can't afford to keep Reed.

toffee

Reaction score
Suh and Poona would be quite good at run defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BASF

Reaction score
He has matured out of the taking plays off and he would be a very good signing. He immediately upgrades the line and will provide very good opportunities for our DE's. He also provides a far better tackler on the interior than we had last year. Ford showed good improvement last year on his range and recognition, but his missed tackle percentage (along with Reed and Woods) was high. Suh has always been very good on getting his hands on guys and bringing them to the ground.

xray

Reaction score
If the price a right I say yep . It would no doubt be another 1 year rental and maybe a quick fix ; but doesn't do anything for the future .

Kinger95

Reaction score
This does tons for the future as maybe we don’t need to use a 1st round pick on someone like collier that can’t play just because of desperation