NFC Championship Game Tickets

JesterHawk

Reaction score
If it's played in Seattle, what do tickets normally cost? Considering surprising my brother, but I just looked on Stub Hub and it looks a little rich for my blood already. Is that indicative of what they will really go for? Anywhere between 600 and 2000+ per person on Stub Hub right now.

P.S.
If any season ticket holders can't make the game, and want to make sure there are 12s in their seats vs maximizing profit, shoot me a PM.

Stuje1

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Would love to fly in for the game if it happened! How are tickets already being sold in stubhub? No one has tickets yet, how can people be selling them? Are season ticket holders guaranteed playoff tix?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Stuje1":2vzfya0o said:
I was wondering the same thing. Would love to fly in for the game if it happened! How are tickets already being sold in stubhub? No one has tickets yet, how can people be selling them? Are season ticket holders guaranteed playoff tix?

Yes

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
If like last year around week 16 or 17 (after seeding determined) they'll hit everyone up to pre-authorize playoff ticket charges. If there were any spare seats you could try to jump on those too.

I think for my section it was like $75/90 and $180 for the three rounds. (Normal face is $58 FWIW)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Talked to my ticket rep yesterday, apparently invoices should be going out soon where ticket holders will be setting up thier "pay as we play" plan for playoff tickets.

RiverDog

Reaction score
JesterHawk said:
If it's played in Seattle, what do tickets normally cost? Considering surprising my brother, but I just looked on Stub Hub and it looks a little rich for my blood already. Is that indicative of what they will really go for? Anywhere between 600 and 2000+ per person on Stub Hub right now.

P.S.
If any season ticket holders can't make the game, and want to make sure there are 12s in their seats vs maximizing profit, shoot me a PM.[/quote]

Ditto, so long as the markup isn't too steep.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Pay as we play thing is the best way for sure. The markup for 1st game isn't too bad, and it jumps up pretty good for NFC Championship. But, sometimes they do send out offers to get extra playoff tickets around where you sit, so I plan on jumping on that if it happens again.

White Knight

Reaction score
I was having this same thought a couple weeks back. Living in NC, hard to see our boys live. Already prepped the wife for the possibility of buying tixs and flying back to WA, visiting my dad/brother & hitting the game with them. I was assuming it'd be about a grand per, but haven't reaaallly looked yet.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I was told yesterday that playoff invoices would be going out next week.

I was also told that due to the high number of season ticket holders and the expected renewal rate that it was highly unlikely that season ticket holders would have the opportunity to buy additional tickets.

It is correct that season ticket holders essentially lock in their tickets, guaranteeing themselves tickets by giving the Seahawks permission to charge them if games are played. StubHub and other resellers, if you buy from them, are guaranteeing that if the game is played you will get the ticket you paid for, and if the game is not played, they will refund your money. They don't actually have any tickets yet.

There may be some tickets available through Ticketmaster but that wouldn't happen until the game was confirmed, probably on sale Monday AM after the previous round of games was completed. 2005 these sold out in about 4 minutes, if I recall.

My recollection in 2005 was that tickets on the secondary market for the NFCCG went for 15x to 20x face value i.e. a really excellent seat down below in the first 15 rows or so, between the 40s, went for about $2k. Nosebleeds were $400ish.

Tical21

Reaction score
Off-topic, is there any way to predict the days and times of the playoff games?

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Playoff tickets are going to be crazy expensive. Let alone if the NFC title game is played here. Just be prepared for that.

I was walking down the street before the Vikings game and heard a ticket scalper offer $500 to a dude for a pair of tickets. I don't know how much the guy's tickets were. But if the scalper was offering $500, he was planning on selling them for a lot more.

It's going to be nuts how much tix will be going for. I'm already fighting myself on what to do with my extra seat. :les: Just keep this in mind down the road. All the more reason to jump on to season tickets during the down years when you can actually get them. ;)

Barthawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":pdidyhj8 said:
Playoff tickets are going to be crazy expensive. Let alone if the NFC title game is played here. Just be prepared for that.

I was walking down the street before the Vikings game and heard a ticket scalper offer $500 to a dude for a pair of tickets. I don't know how much the guy's tickets were. But if the scalper was offering $500, he was planning on selling them for a lot more.

It's going to be nuts how much tix will be going for. I'm already fighting myself on what to do with my extra seat. :les: Just keep this in mind down the road. All the more reason to jump on to season tickets during the down years when you can actually get them. ;)

No doubt.. I have several family members and friends already asking about playoff tickets. Seasons like this are what making suffer through 08,09 worth it.. Heck I even had to sell tix for 1/2 price in 10 and 11 too..

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Barthawk":1xq2pgnf said:
SeaTown81":1xq2pgnf said:

No doubt.. I have several family members and friends already asking about playoff tickets. Seasons like this are what making suffer through 08,09 worth it.. Heck I even had to sell tix for 1/2 price in 10 and 11 too..

It was only LAST YEAR that I had to give away a ticket to the AZ game. LAST YEAR. A friend bailed at the last minute. I stood outside Safeco trying to sell it for $10 by the end of my trying to get something for it on the street. Ended up giving it to a bartender at Temple.

Everyone's a die hard when the going gets good, and it's the hottest ticket in town. I'm not accusing people of being bandwagon fans or frontrunners (not all of them, exactly). But what I am saying is everyone who is currently upset they don't have season tickets had a chance to get them just a couple years ago. For whatever reason, certain folks only try to get them when the team is one of the best in the league. Go figure they're never able to get them. :les:

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":31juohlf said:
Off-topic, is there any way to predict the days and times of the playoff games?

Sort of. The Championship games are always both on Sunday. If one is on the West Coast, it's quite likely that the later game is the one played out West, because of the time zone situation.

The Divisional round typically has an afternoon Saturday game, an evening Saturday game, an early Sunday game, and an afternoon Sunday game. Again, the West Coast games have to be any of the three later games i.e. they won't kick off in Seattle at 10 AM Pacific.

Wild Card round has the same structure as the Divisional, but that doesn't really matter, as the Seahawks aren't going to be playing in the Wild Card round...

SeaTown81":31juohlf said:
It was only LAST YEAR that I had to give away a ticket to the AZ game. LAST YEAR. A friend bailed at the last minute. I stood outside Safeco trying to sell it for $10 by the end of my trying to get something for it on the street. Ended up giving it to a bartender at Temple.

I feel your pain. I've had season tickets since 1998 and on numerous occasions have walked into the stadium with an extra ticket or two, rather than sell them to scalpers for $5 or $10, as I couldn't find any actual buyers... I had a few games last year where I ended up inviting people last minute because other people couldn't make it... which is kind of amazing, all things considered.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Oh, and obviously all the actual dates are set.

Wild Card games Sat Jan 4th Sun Jan 5th
Divisional games Sat Jan 11th Sun Jan 12th
Championships Sun Jan 19th
Super Bowl Sun Feb 2nd

Basically what you can't do is assume particular teams playing on particular dates. If I recall correctly, CBS gets to pick one game, and FOX gets to pick one game, and then NBC gets the two leftovers. There are restrictions in that CBS or FOX may have their own internal requirements for kickoff time for their games. This was true for the Wild Card round last year. In the Divisional round I believe CBS and FOX aired all those games, and of course, they aired the Championships. I do not know if NBC has a Wild Card slate this year, or if they might have some of the Divisional games, or not... but you get the idea, you won't actually know who plays where when until sometime on the Sunday of Week 17 when they tell you when the Wild Card games are, and where, because of the obvious that there'll be adjustments to the playoff field right up until the last game potentially, and the TV schedule needs to be sorted before the games are actually announced schedulewise. Same with Divisional, though I seem to recall last year they might have stated during the Wild Card round games that #1 would play at home at date and time vs. unknown opponent i.e. they seemed to have slotted in the four Divisional locations and times before the opponents were known.... but this was only made public on the Saturday evening of Wild Card weekend, it wasn't announced super early, basically less than 48 hours before they'd normally announce.

OrFan

Reaction score
Any decent seat less than $1000.00 will be a bargain.

Latest posts