NFC WEST RESULTS & RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 4

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
This is a quarterback driven league and the 49ers are the only team in the division with quarterback issues. I was still impressed with their core group of Warner and Bosa on D and a decent offensive scheme, but obviously you have to be able to sustain it for 4 quarters and we just haven't seen that with Jimmy G and Lance is rough around the edges. Needs to learn how to sail a dart in spiral form and more touch, awareness, poise, sliding ability etc. Good athlete but not worth the draft capital given up to trade up. That was the insane part.
It's kinda weird how Jimmy G got hurt and then Lance came in at 7-7...Jimmy said he would initially miss 2 weeks now suddenly he'll be ready for AZ?? Hmmm.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3s90w4rx said:
This is a quarterback driven league and the 49ers are the only team in the division with quarterback issues. I was still impressed with their core group of Warner and Bosa on D and a decent offensive scheme, but obviously you have to be able to sustain it for 4 quarters and we just haven't seen that with Jimmy G and Lance is rough around the edges. Needs to learn how to sail a dart in spiral form and more touch, awareness, poise, sliding ability etc. Good athlete but not worth the draft capital given up to trade up. That was the insane part.
It's kinda weird how Jimmy G got hurt and then Lance came in at 7-7...Jimmy said he would initially miss 2 weeks now suddenly he'll be ready for AZ?? Hmmm.

I just gotta ask....how do you know he wasn't worth the draft capitol?

Even f he doesn't play for like 3 years (and thats not my expectation or prediction, just an example), if he ends up as one of the leagues best in a "quarterback driven league", is there a price that's too high?

I don't like giving up future first round picks. I was critical here of the Harvin, Graham and Adams trades for that very reason.

I have the same issues with the move up for Lance...but if he ends up being a very good/great QB in years 2, 3, or 4...it seems like quibbling about the price is ludicrous. You can't even say "he'd have been there later". No way to know that. If the Dophins stay put at 3 and take the TE from Florida ahead of Atlanta, you think Atlanta doesn't look at Lance as a QB to groom behind Ryan at 4?

Now it has to work. If he busts, OF COURSE it was a bad move.

If he doesn't tho....I don't get how you can say he wasn't worth it. Would a team give up 3 ones for Mahomes? Rodgers? Wilson? Herbert?

I don't know if he'll ever get to that level. That's the rub tho...neither do you.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":27ype5ti said:
ArlosSpecial":27ype5ti said:

Even f he doesn't play for like 3 years (and thats not my expectation or prediction, just an example), if he ends up as one of the leagues best in a "quarterback driven league", is there a price that's too high?

I don't like giving up future first round picks. I was critical here of the Harvin, Graham and Adams trades for that very reason.

I have the same issues with the move up for Lance...but if he ends up being a very good/great QB in years 2, 3, or 4...it seems like quibbling about the price is ludicrous. You can't even say "he'd have been there later". No way to know that. If the Dophins stay put at 3 and take the TE from Florida ahead of Atlanta, you think Atlanta doesn't look at Lance as a QB to groom behind Ryan at 4?

If he doesn't tho....I don't get how you can say he wasn't worth it. Would a team give up 3 ones for Mahomes? Rodgers? Wilson? Herbert?

I don't know if he'll ever get to that level. That's the rub tho...neither do you.
2 firsts and a third for a guy that can't throw a spiral? That's ludicrous bro. What was Lynch thinking?

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":30uihd1z said:
Marvin49":30uihd1z said:
ArlosSpecial":30uihd1z said:

2 firsts and a third for a guy that can't throw a spiral? That's ludicrous bro. What was Lynch thinking?

Right. Sorry.

I forgot about your inability to have a coherent point or actually answer direct questions. My bad.

Stud

Reaction score
rlkats":yh8ts5ns said:
ArlosSpecial":yh8ts5ns said:
Marvin49":yh8ts5ns said:
ArlosSpecial":yh8ts5ns said:
Rams aren't as good as people think . They should be 2-2. As for AZ they started off like this last year but as for now they get the top nod. Hawks started off sluggish but again due to the bad quarterbacks on San Francisco we were able to lock it down after a quarter of sloppy play. Niners are tanking for Rattler now lol

This guy. You think yer funny but you dont even make sense. Tanking? They don’t have their first rounder genius.

Anyway…

Gratz to all Seahawks fans other than Arlos.

I don’t hate Jimmy but there is a reason they gave all that up for another QB. He’s just limited. He’s also always good for one boneheaded play a game.

Losing the kicker hurt. Losing Trent Williams really hurt. Having Trenton Cannon on the field at all screwed them (unable to pin punt at the 1 because he’s a moron, fumbled the kickoff trying to be a hero, misjudging another kickoff). At some point, will Dee Ford figure out where the line of scrimmage is? I mean he constantly makes that same mistake.

Deebo is just a stud. Love that guy.

Trey looked like the QB he was in preseason. High highs, low lows, uneven play. He’s not ready to start but may not have a choice.

13 weeks left. Should be fun. I think the Niners finish 4th in this division.
After you beat the Lions you had the niners in the super bowl. Slow the roll home slice. Your squad is doo doo and below average. And my team is mediocre as of now but like I said it's a long season.

Bud your team is a QB injury away from a 0 win season. Your team did not look good against a group of CB's that had every team they played pass all over them. Wilson is the glue holding that team together. IT is Wilson that makes the Hawks keep winning. We know our QB situation sucks, but your blind homerism for yours is a joke. Niners and Hawks are the two worst teams in the division. Your team is better because of ONLY Wilson.

Though Geno Smith played better than anyone thought he would, I agree with this. Hawks are not a winning team with Smith as their QB. I wonder how long Wilson is out?

With that said, I'm finally glad to see the Seahawks on the other side of the road this time. Wilson never missed any time in 10 seasons yet I can't tell you how many times the Hawks had the luxury of playing a team with a back up QB in that span. As a matter of fact, the only reason the Hawks got the #1 seed in 2014 was because they did nothing but play backup QB's in the last 6 weeks of that season (Hill, Thomas, Stanton, Sanchez and Kaep, who was playing like a backup)

About time the shoe was on the other foot.

nutluck

Reaction score
Stud":3gaxagri said:
Though Geno Smith played better than anyone thought he would, I agree with this. Hawks are not a winning team with Smith as their QB.

To be honest I thought he played the best out of all three QB's last night, his one int was not on him at all. With that said though I think he is the 3rd best of the three QB's that played. Wilson and Stafford are both on most days way better, both are last I looked top 3 or 5 in most QB categories.

I think Geno is a good backup, but if Wilson misses much time, I think that will doom the seahawks season. Especially if he is out 6 weeks if he has to have surgery. Not saying he will just saying it is possible and it would kill their season if he is out that long.