NFL to ditch one helmet per year

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Per: pft the nfl is to ditch the one helmet rule per year ... silver helmets could be coming back baby .....,,!!!!!!!!!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The NFL must be reading our forum. Aros is :179422: celebrating right now!!!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Ruminator":1rh9jcx7 said:
Excellent news. That's the only way we could do throwbacks.

Yes, and I've seen people mention it in here and other forums, "well there are plenty of NFL teams that have worn throwback helmets of different designs."

While true, the rule prohibits using more than one helmet SHELL, not design. Teams can change the way the shell is decorated. Teams remove the usual logo decals, swap out facemasks, etc.

In the case of the Seahawks, because they switched from silver to blue helmet shells back in the day...the only option would be to strip the decals off the main helmet and re-paint the shells. And, they can't do that because the helmets take too long to dry and cure and the helmets would not be available for practices during the week. So, it's a non starter.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
That uniform is literally the reason I am a Seahawks fan.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Does anyone remember when they asked us to vote Blue vs. Silver helmets? I thought it was a no-brainer and voted silver but for whatever reason blue won by a landslide. REDEMPTION!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3rbjx9jf said:
Does anyone remember when they asked us to vote Blue vs. Silver helmets? I thought it was a no-brainer and voted silver but for whatever reason blue won by a landslide. REDEMPTION!

I remember that vote. I voted blue because I thought they looked good. Still do. The blue helmets just look better with the dark blue jerseys they wear now. The silver helmets with the current uniform combinations would look odd. However, I wouldn’t mind one bit seeing the silver helmets at least once a year in the throwbacks.

Can anyone photoshop what the silver helmets with current Seahawk and colors look like? Maybe someone already has.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":y1226tp3 said:

I preferred the silver helmet too, but I voted for the blue because I thought the silver would have looked dumb when paired with the uniforms they were showcasing at the same time.

schkoot

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3j1vkevi said:

Yes I remember!

I
>Re: was
>>Re: posting
>>>Re: here
>>>>Re: back
>>>>>Re: when
>>>>>>Re: threads
>>>>>>>Re: looked
>>>>>>>>Re: like
>>>>>>>>>Re: this

Not gonna lie, I was butthurt about the Gen 2 Seahawks unis because of the blue helmet and white pants. I was at least a little happy in the weirdest way when they went monochromatic for the home unis.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SWEEEEET!!! About damn time NFL! They must be reading .NET. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":10z2e0l9 said:
That uniform is literally the reason I am a Seahawks fan.

Me too. I saw them as the team was on the field vs. the St. Louis Cardinals in 1976, my mom said "Hey, that's the new Seattle Team" (Steelers fan relocated to Oregon) I immediately fell in love and they made me watch them on the black and white so I couldn't enjoy the colors anyways. Yeah.. I had a TV in my bedroom at 9 years old, a black and white with the rabbit ears. Watched that first season on that TV.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
This has to pass first. Then Jody has to decide if she wants to retire the grays and bring back the throwbacks. There was one designed when we were deciding on the new uniforms. Then hopefully the NFL will allow us to bring them back with no time restrictions. But I don't see why not. Even though we were the only team who made major changes to our uniforms.

Latest posts