NFL told Houston to stop using Oilers-inspired uniform

Maulbert

Reaction score
F the Titans and the Adams family. Those unis, by their own choice, have no serious link with Nashville or the Titans. When they changed the name, both it and the uniforms should've been given to Houston if they wanted them. Even that f-wit Behring intended to drop the Seahawks names and colors when he tried to steal them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
You guys do realize that they are talking about the University of Houston, not the Houston Texans, right?

The NFL isn't about to give up their intellectual property rights to a college team. If this were the Texans wanting them, I'm sure the NFL would quietly work something out between the teams, but I believe this was worked out before the Texans even named their franchise.

Bottom line is the NFL will protect their rights from non NFL entities. This isn't a shocker in the least, and I don't really blame them.

BTW, IMO the Titans are dumb for holding onto that. Once they moved, nobody really associates them with the Oilers any more. They have a new fan base and should concentrate on them. The Oilers (assuming the Texans don't want to be a part of it) should live in history.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Nationals own Expos history, Tennessee owns Oilers history and OKC owns Sonics history… that the way the cookie crumbles.
With that said I sure hope Seattle has a plan to get that history back now that a new team is on the way.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Then they should go after Iowa for using Steeler colors for the last 50 years or so. :LOL:

HEY NOW!.. i agree. Coach Kirk Ferentz for iowa specifically stated those uniforms were modelled after the steelers and their winning culture that he wanted to replicate in iowa... I hate them lol "shrug" they're ugly plain and stupid.. like the cheating ass steelers.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Rice also wore Oiler-inspired jerseys in a game this season but haven’t gotten a cease and desist.

morgulon1

Reaction score
F the Titans and the Adams family. Those unis, by their own choice, have no serious link with Nashville or the Titans. When they changed the name, both it and the uniforms should've been given to Houston if they wanted them. Even that f-wit Behring intended to drop the Seahawks names and colors when he tried to steal them.
If the NBA ever comes back to Seattle ,
They HAVE to be the Sonics .

All or nothing .

Threedee

Reaction score
If ATM can own 12th Person, then, the Houston Cougars should have free reign to wear Oiler colors.

Latest posts