Nick Vannett headed to Pittsburgh

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a good trade as Vannett had lost his place on th DC to the better Dissly. Vannett was due to be a UFA after the season and was unlikely to be kept. JS has got back a 5th round pick and he has talent turning those into quality players from time to time.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2bjclytj said:
Wasnt Vannett a 3rd rd pick? Guess another bust pick it seems.

I don't think it was a bust more than he's a Free agent next year and the thought was he wasn't going to sign here and if we lose him, we'd get no picks..

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has got depth on the PS with Hollister and Dickson on IRr besides Luke Willson is out there as a UFA.

getnasty

Reaction score
Wierd to me that someone would give up a 5th for a guy like Vannett. Like what have you seen out of him that you can't get out of Luke Wilson who's on the street or anyone else for that matter. Good trade for the Hawks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That 5th could end up being almost a low 4th, given how bad Pittsburgh's record will be.

Makes sense to trade him. Just under a catch a game but a decent blocker, so you get something out of him before he hits free agency.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bob Condatta is re-tweeting Adam Caplan that the team could be signing Luke Willson tomorrow.

Bob Condotta

@bcondotta
Follow Follow @bcondotta
More
Bob Condotta Retweeted Adam Caplan
Can confirm as well that there may be a return of Luke Willson to the Seahawks:Bob Condotta added,
Adam Caplan
Verified account

@caplannfl
Look for the #Seahawks to bring back a familiar name to replace him: Luke Willson, who is expected to sign tomorrow. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 0245551104
8:13 PM - 24 Sep 2019

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I liked Luke better, Vannett never was the "best blocking TE in the draft" like he was supposed to be. I don't think he put in the work year 1 & 2 like he needed to and never really caught up.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
CPHawk":38gt0ngf said:
massari":38gt0ngf said:
They traded their 7th for Hollister, 6th for Ursua and 3rd for Clowney, so it's nice to get a late pick back.

What can they get for Tedric Thompson?

An 8th and a bag of chips.

Sweet. Maybe we can trade that 8th to Houston for Steve Largent....

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
getnasty":3bm9twp9 said:
Wierd to me that someone would give up a 5th for a guy like Vannett. Like what have you seen out of him that you can't get out of Luke Wilson who's on the street or anyone else for that matter. Good trade for the Hawks.

The Steelers are doing some weird stuff. Like they traded a 1st for Minkah Fitzpatrick, which mih5 have made sense if they did it BEFORE they lost Big Ben for the year. Instead they likely gave up a top 5 pick for a Nickel CB.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":mkoff2hh said:

As you know, every other team in the NFL is always able to trade every player that they trade for a draft pick at least one higher than they spent on the tradee. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wait. That actually NEVER happens.

sutz

Reaction score
Chawker":2ijy3esk said:
Chawker":2ijy3esk said:
Maybe will get Wilson back now. :229031_cheers:

Good call, I nailed it! :0190l:
Willson and a 5th! Pretty good deal. Go Schneider! :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":1i88yuub said:
They traded their 7th for Hollister, 6th for Ursua and 3rd for Clowney, so it's nice to get a late pick back.

What can they get for Tedric Thompson?

15 yards for celebration in a sideline tux and jumping on the trade train a day early. :lol:

hawks85

Reaction score
Aros":26h858b0 said:
James in PA":26h858b0 said:
John is piling up picks for the 2 he’s about to give back for Ramsey!

I like your thinking mister.
I would not be surprised. Hawks are cooking up something in the lab. They want Ramsey and they want Ramsey bad.

chris98251

Reaction score
They will not trade for a guy that is less then a year rental for 2 1sts and maybe players. We have been hung out to dry every time we exceed value and risk for a player.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2tye3gpm said:

He wasn't a bust he was a semi starter here not spectacular but made expendable with the emergence of Dissly.

There were only 5 Pro Bowlers taken after him in that draft -- Dak, Jordan Howard, Tyreek Hill and two special teamers. When you consider how bad Odhiambho was and how injured Prosise has been.

Vannett was an okay pick, nothing special but a solid player.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2929a2h3 said:
Cyrus12":2929a2h3 said:

I don't think it was a bust more than he's a Free agent next year and the thought was he wasn't going to sign here and if we lose him, we'd get no picks..

^^^ This guy gets it.

Vannett would not get signed in the first-wave of free agency. He was destined to sign a one year deal late in free agency with Detroit like all our other castoffs.

So by trading him now they get a pick for him, had they waited they probably get zero.