Niners are starting to show some wear and tear

keasley45

Reaction score
Looks like they've got a bunch of guys questionable for the tilt against the Dolphins. Trent W is suffering from spasms, Deebo's got a thigh thing, CMc isn't 100%...

As much as I don't like the 9ers, I have a ton of respect for what they do year in and out. Were it not for injuries over the last few years, I think they'd have completely dominated the NFC. As it is, they've been pretty impressive.

And as excited as I am for what we've done and what we might be able to accomplish even this year, I know it will take a good bit of misfortune on the 9ers side for us to beat them to the division title.

That being said, I'm looking forward to their game against the Dolphins. Should be a great one.

Go Fins...

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I think they have a very solid team. However, I think Shanahan gets a little too much credit for being an offensive genius. He was starting Trey Lance after all. Where would they be if he didn't get hurt?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Looks like they've got a bunch of guys questionable for the tilt against the Dolphins. Trent W is suffering from spasms, Deebo's got a thigh thing, CMc isn't 100%...

As much as I don't like the 9ers, I have a ton of respect for what they do year in and out. Were it not for injuries over the last few years, I think they'd have completely dominated the NFC. As it is, they've been pretty impressive.

And as excited as I am for what we've done and what we might be able to accomplish even this year, I know it will take a good bit of misfortune on the 9ers side for us to beat them to the division title.

That being said, I'm looking forward to their game against the Dolphins. Should be a great one.

Go Fins...

Cmc is off the practice report. With him plus all the healthy options out there, Deebo’s absence Shouldn’t be critical.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Trey Lance going down saved an 0-17 season. Agreed about the rest they’ve had years and years of suckage to be able to get guys like Bosa on the D line. They’ve been good for exactly 4 years this entire century though so slow down the “year in and year out” praise lol

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Trey Lance going down saved an 0-17 season. Agreed about the rest they’ve had years and years of suckage to be able to get guys like Bosa on the D line. They’ve been good for exactly 4 years this entire century though so slow down the “year in and year

Truth, i was letting this current regime's success blur with the the winning Harbaugh brought. My bad.

Still think Shanny is solid though.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
Trey Lance going down saved an 0-17 season. Agreed about the rest they’ve had years and years of suckage to be able to get guys like Bosa on the D line. They’ve been good for exactly 4 years this entire century though so slow down the “year in and year out” praise lol
2001, 2002, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2021 and 2022 makes 8 in this century. Look it up.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Trey Lance is a very inexperienced QB at both the college and pro level. Justin Fields has made progress this year, and Lance did not have nearly the level of college competition and experience as Fields. The jury is still out on him. We need to see him a full season before declaring him a bust. Having said, I’d bet they would rather have Fields. I would.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Trey Lance is a very inexperienced QB at both the college and pro level. Justin Fields has made progress this year, and Lance did not have nearly the level of college competition and experience as Fields. The jury is still out on him. We need to see him a full season before declaring him a bust. Having said, I’d bet they would rather have Fields. I would.

It Woulda been good to see them play outside of a monsoon.

We will have to see whether Fields is dependent on his legs once he doesn’t have to be…

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It Woulda been good to see them play outside of a monsoon.

We will have to see whether Fields is dependent on his legs once he doesn’t have to be…
I believe 2023 will be a leap forward for the team and for Fields. They should still have a strong running game, but more balance with upgrades to the OL and a true WR1 in the draft. We’ll know more after Poles buys some free agents and we see what he does in the draft. I watched that SEC championship game today, and Carter looked fantastic. I have a hard time deciding between him and Anderson.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score

Go Fins...
I see them a bit differently. Their injuries have both hurt them and oddly enough, helped them sustain that roster. If it wasn't for their every other year roster injury collapse, they wouldn't have been in position to keep that defense loaded with guys like Bosa.

Now they may have actually won a SB in that 1st 4 year window with Shanny, but they'd have experienced the same roster degradation that we went through. It's almost the ideal scenario for a coach. NFC CHAMP game or SB every other year or so then shit years in-between you can blame on injuries while getting superior draft position

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
I see them a bit differently. Their injuries have both hurt them and oddly enough, helped them sustain that roster. If it wasn't for their every other year roster injury collapse, they wouldn't have been in position to keep that defense loaded with guys like Bosa.

Now they may have actually won a SB in that 1st 4 year window with Shanny, but they'd have experienced the same roster degradation that we went through. It's almost the ideal scenario for a coach. NFC CHAMP game or SB every other year or so then shit years in-between you can blame on injuries while getting superior draft position
You know, I've never thought about it like that. Makes for an interesting discussion around how we define 'dynasty'. If a team can be dominant every 3 years out of 4 or 2 years out of 3 at a high level, with tye down years being more or less non competitive, is that still a dynasty if it lasts for 13 years or more and results in a superbowl appearance every 3 or 4 years?

Or does it have to be defined as uninterrupted competitiveness at a high level for multiple (5 or more) successive years with successive championship runs?

94Smith

Reaction score

Go Fins...
You can say some guys are showing up on the injury report, but one of the key defensive pieces is coming back this week, Arik Armstead. Armstead is debatably the third best player on the defense and is key in generating more pressure/stopping the run. Expect the 49ers defense to be better with him playing.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
they are going to steamroll the dolphins. that team is really good. Very physical, something I wish the seahawks were but aren't. I hate the 9ers.