No Day 2 Nose Tackle

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Yeah, I really hate this draft so far. No interior help anywhere, which is pretty much in-line with how John/Pete have drafted. It's nice to have another shiny new RB who'll get crushed in the backfield as the journeyman Center gets blown up again and again. I wonder how much our new CB is going to help when we give up 150+ rush yards/game again.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
We def got some pieces but the defense will suck against the run once again. And our interior Oline will be better but not by much. Just hope to god our young tackles don’t take a step back.

Kingdome3

Reaction score
See do not understand not addressing so far in draft.
GoSEAHAWKS!!!

Yxes1122

Reaction score
[Allow me to be tongue and cheek]

.net: "I am so sick of PC/JS reaching for players instead of just taking BPA."

Also .net: "Why are they not drafting for the greatest positions of need???"

[In all seriousness]

I saw a tweet last night that was basically saying: "In 5 years, you don't remember the needs of the team. You just remember the players passed up."

And that's true. When we go back and look at the McDowell pick, we don't remember that Seattle had Kam and Earl still under contract and most everyone universally thought interior rush was the greatest position of need. We just remember that they passed on Budda Baker which led to the Jamal Trade, which is universally panned.

This is good sustainable process, even if it may not yield the best immediate result.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope they draft a NT. UDFA route is how one gets stuck with guys like Bryan Mone. The dude is always hurt and when he isn't doesn't really provide any impact. They need a Brandon Mebane type of guy sorely.