Not a lot of chatter

BASF

Reaction score
In this forum. Since I moved to Mexico, I had not been able to watch hockey (four years without hockey sucked, every once in a while it would be on tv, but I was almost always working). That changed this season, thanks to a member of .Net with a streaming link. I will forever be grateful. It seems that less than ten of the members here pay attention. Is your arena ever sold out?

I am a Bruins fan, so we are playing on Thursday. As such I decided to watch the Kraken/Sabers game tonight. It was the first Kraken game I have seen. You guys seem to play heavy and are good with checks. I like teams that punish their opponent for holding the puck. Grubauer made some nice saves. Am curious how you all feel about your team.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Thirty-two views and no replies. Is your interest levels really that low?

Since I lived in San Jose, I saw quite a bit of Martin Jones. He is pretty decent, and seems to be playing pretty well for you guys. I haven't seen much of Grubauer since the Caps always played Holtby against us as he was a Bruins killer. What are your guys opinions on them?

Your top line is obviously very good. The other lines seem to be dominated by the right wingers with the others mildly contributing.

Your top defensive pairing seems to be very good. How did their plus/minus this year do a complete turn around from last year? Is it better goal tending? Is it time together so they are playing that much better? Is it that the coaching staff made a big change to the system?

C'mon hockey fans, let's talk.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sorry, I was in the .net penalty box for a 5 minute major. 😎.

The Kraken are playing very very well. I dont expect a win in Boston tonight as their goalie and defense are a brick wall and they have the lowest goals against. It would take a point against them (overtime loss) and consider it a minor miracle.

Kraken will have to play their A+ game in all facets to beat Boston.

As for Gru, I’m not really a fan. Gru is the soft goal master, and is a very streaky goalie, that will show flashes of brilliant goal tending. Jones is the better goalie by far IMHO.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Sorry, I was in the .net penalty box for a 5 minute major. 😎.

The Kraken are playing very very well. I dont expect a win in Boston tonight as their goalie and defense are a brick wall and they have the lowest goals against. It would take a point against them (overtime loss) and consider it a minor miracle.

Kraken will have to play their A+ game in all facets to beat Boston.

As for Gru, I’m not really a fan. Gru is the soft goal master, and is a very streaky goalie, that will show flashes of brilliant goal tending. Jones is the better goalie by far IMHO.
Thanks SH for your opinion on your team. It's nice to see at least one of the fans here are willing to talk Krakens.

As far as tonight's game, it should be a very good one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thanks SH for your opinion on your team. It's nice to see at least one of the fans here are willing to talk Krakens.

As far as tonight's game, it should be a very good one.
There’s a few of us here. HF hockey forums is a decent place for Kraken discussion as well.

I’m a newbie NHL/Kraken fan, but love it. I wanted a nhl team for 30 years, finally got it. Spent my $296 after tax on my Yanni Gourde jersey and couldn’t be happier.

Went to 2 games, 1 last year, 1 this year, both were a blast and they won them both.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Thirty-two views and no replies. Is your interest levels really that low?
Uh. . it's a seahawks website that just happens to have a kraken subforum? Not sure what you expect.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Uh. . it's a seahawks website that just happens to have a kraken subforum? Not sure what you expect.
Maybe the thirty or so people who took the time to look at the posts to have an opinion on the hockey team in town.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I lived in the Boston area in the mid-late 80s and remembered the Bruins well mostly Jay Miller, Ray Borque and Cam Neely. You could always go into a sports bar on a night both the Bruins and Celtics would be playing on no matter how bad the Bruins were they were on the TV over the Celtics.

Jay Miller would get on the front sports page of the Boston Globe if he scored a goal no matter how well Larry Bird how played

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Maybe the thirty or so people who took the time to look at the posts to have an opinion on the hockey team in town.
Maybe they got to the part of your original post where you speculated about team support based on what you saw on a SEATTLE SEAHAWKS forum and became disinterested. I know it turned me off.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Up 1-0 early Tanev with the goal.

PP play was awful though, way too much passing and not enough shooting. Wasting too much time trying to set up the perfect shot.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I'm an Av's fan. i lived in Denver when they came to town and well...won a cup, so they are my team!

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
You can have 2 teams you know. 👍
See, I am not so sure about that. I have loved the Bruins since 1980. All of my friends in San Jose who were hockey fans switched their allegiances to the Sharks their first season. I could never do it. I enjoyed watching them play, but never really got into them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
See, I am not so sure about that. I have loved the Bruins since 1980. All of my friends in San Jose who were hockey fans switched their allegiances to the Sharks their first season. I could never do it. I enjoyed watching them play, but never really got into them.
You don’t have to root for one against the other unless they are playing each other.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
As a kid I was a Devils "fan" (the Broduer days.) But I stopped watching hokey like 20 years ago. Without a local team I just didn't stay interested. So when the Kraken were founded I was really excited and became am immediate die hard. I was lucky to have a business contact who had season tickers and gave me tickets to several games last year. Then this season my boss bought season tickets right next to him. So I'm very lucky thatI get to go to almost any game I want to for free. Unfortunately I live like an hour plus away from the arena, so I only really go to the few early games they have a year. I will be there on Monday vs the Lightning.

As for my outlook on the team, I am very optimistic. I was not so optimistic after a terrible December, but what a turnaround in January. Beniers is obviously going to Bea star for a long time. Wright is a huge prospect. Eeli Tolvanen looks like a big win as a waiver pick up, 1st round pick that never put it together before coming here. Sprong is another guy who looked like a nothing pick and has been a huge contributor here. Then you have McCann and Ebs, this team is really good now and will only get better for a long time.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Good entertaining game. I really like your guys chances in the playoffs. They have good speed and structure. I was impressed. Sucks to lose our record setting points streak at home, but it was a good game. We simply could not beat Jones (surprising honestly). I love how many shots you guys blocked. It is the most important thing you can do to increase your chances in the playoffs.

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm an Av's fan. i lived in Denver when they came to town and well...won a cup, so they are my team!
I worked with a guy from Denver. He is an Av's and Broncos fan, but, became a hardcore Sounders supporter while living out here. Funny how that stuff plays out.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I worked with a guy from Denver. He is an Av's and Broncos fan, but, became a hardcore Sounders supporter while living out here. Funny how that stuff plays out.
I love the Rockies also, I was there when the Blake Street Bombers we're a thing and ingot caught up in it, they are still to this day my national league team