[NOT TRUE] Myles Garrett to Seahawks trade rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
A gentleman named EveryoneLovesNudez on the reddit Seahawks sub has an unconfirmed source saying Myles Garrett is coming to Seattle via trade. He was just interviewed by KJR, where he said it on live radio.

This is totally unconfirmed, but an interesting rumor. FWIW, he did break news of the Britt release hours before others.

Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comme ... ?context=3

Tweet with audio clip from KJR interview:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/vountee/status/1259936921045864448[/tweet]

MrThortan

Reaction score
Would be great to have him, but he doesn't sounds cheap. Please don't trade any of my favorites, pretty please.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fake Account. Was immediately shot down on 710 ESPN. Gotta' love the internet.
Ranks up there with the classics.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is an epic troll job.

The best part is they used "he had the scoop on Britt" everyone knew Britt was getting cut after last season.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I usually don't post the rumor stuff, but this one is of significant intrigue in a super boring time, so why not?

Will delete if it becomes clear that this is certainly fake. For now, though - the sheer prospect of a guy named EverybodyLovesNudez breaking massive Seahawks news on Reddit and then local radio is hilarious.

nrayorr

Reaction score
That would have been interesting. Paying his salary, with what I would assume a 1st round pick and a stud from our team would be a little too high of a cost for me.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Whole situation is hilarious and regardless of it turning out to be true at least is entertaining today . Guy was correct on a few things, another poster who nailed the 2019 said a trade was happening as well. Could also be a huge troll job that got him onto live radio and gets to watch Seahawks fan implode.

I'm also a bit hesitant to believe a LEGIT pass rusher would go for so little with 2 years left while making peanuts for his worth. Texans did get rid of Clowney after he didn't want to be there for nothing but BOB is an idiot. Maybe they can't get over the helmet thing....? Oh well, constantly refreshing twitter and reddit the rest of the afternoon to see!

TAB420

Reaction score
Maybe it was from within? Light that fire under Clowney's ass.

Osprey

Reaction score
nrayorr":3vdmbud2 said:
That would have been interesting. Paying his salary, with what I would assume a 1st round pick and a stud from our team would be a little too high of a cost for me.
Pick, $, and player? Depends on the player for me.

Unpopular, but it could make sense to move a star like BW (and his $) or multiple DL lineman of secondary quality. Either scenario could still allow you to add back Clowney or Griffin at a reasonable rate to pair with Garrett.

SwissCheese77

Reaction score
Just to clear up some confusion, the so-called insider (Mr. Nudez, if you will) is simply saying that they're trading for Garrett. He doesn't know any terms, and the terms that are being rumored are not from him.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not buying this either because if it were true it would be breaking news all over the sports internet right now, not just fake site.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3la7fibs said:
Fake Account. Was immediately shot down on 710 ESPN. Gotta' love the internet.
Ranks up there with the classics.

Confused what you mean by "fake account." He's not pretending to be anyone, like his handle isnt "Adem Scheffter" or some other misspelled insider name. And there's no way you can verify if he is telling the truth until it happens or doesn't happen.

Simply a guy on Twitter who claims to have a source and "called" the Britt release (could have just been a guess.)

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":bokdqe4q said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtheaps9/status/1259948423324688385[/tweet]

That trade compensation came from someone else just throwing out numbers. IF the Garrett rumor is true, we have no idea what we'd be giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.