Offseason wishlist

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CrunkHawks12":2819bhyc said:
hawkfan68":2819bhyc said:
CrunkHawks12":2819bhyc said:
If we fire Cable what would become of Sweezy? Contract year for him and he is kinda Cables project. I like Sweezy and he has gotten better, but would he be gone in favor of Glowinski or another true O-lineman?

Yup...he's gotten better. He went from terrible to slightly below average. Sweezy played terrible today. The dude is way too inconsistent and still continues to make rookie mistakes. It won't be a huge loss if he's gone.

If Glowinski can play constantly like he did ( I know it was only one game) he will make a very good replacement.

I like Glow. I'm much-less-worried about losing Sweez after seeing him play.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":1yx0cmjp said:
red grenadine":1yx0cmjp said:
7. Dan Quinn back calling the defense

That is unfair. Statistically, the defenses were pretty much identical in 2014 and 2015, with Richard having to deal with the Kam holdout and Cary Williams. By the end of the season, I thought the defense was better than last year.

But then, Dan Quinn never gave up 31 points in the first half of a playoff game.

Kris Richard could very well be the Seahawks head coach in 2017 after Pete Carroll's impending retirement after the 2016 season.

PC will coach for another 10 years.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2ikv8r66 said:
The offense ranked #4 in the regular season. Pete will point to that as a reason to keep everyone. Honestly, sometimes I wish we'd just get our asses kicked to prompt us to start dropping the axe.
As we should keep everyone. Smart teams put a premium on continuity

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":20o2zxmz said:
Bob_the_Destroyer":20o2zxmz said:
red grenadine":20o2zxmz said:

That is unfair. Statistically, the defenses were pretty much identical in 2014 and 2015, with Richard having to deal with the Kam holdout and Cary Williams. By the end of the season, I thought the defense was better than last year.

But then, Dan Quinn never gave up 31 points in the first half of a playoff game.

Kris Richard could very well be the Seahawks head coach in 2017 after Pete Carroll's impending retirement after the 2016 season.

PC will coach for another 10 years.
5 or 6 anyway.

Rob12

Reaction score
1) Replace 40-60 percent of the offensive line with proven players. Do that through trade, FA, whatever you have to do.

2) Give Russell Wilson a blank check and tell him that he's a Seahawk for life.

3) Find out where Kam's head is at. If he still feels he deserves a raise, move on. Trade him, cut him, do what you need to do to get him off of this team.

4) Have a nice sit down with Michael Bennett. Maybe tell him you're willing to put some performance incentives in his contract to jack up the value. But put the pressure on him to continue to perform.

5) Resign Jermaine Kearse. People need to accept the fact that he's a very good receiver. He has a lot of chemistry with RW, and has been a clutch performer for us. Today was no different. He had a great day. 11 grabs...

6) Get Marshawn in the Ring of Honor immediately, and move on. Find a way to get him to raise the 12th Man flag before a big game. The Clink would go absolutely bonkers. I don't want to believe he is done as a Hawk, but my mind tells me he is. Find a way to include him in 2016, even if he's not on the roster.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":ib2g89n8 said:
Sheesh, this board is so fickle regarding Bevell, it's comedic. It never fails. It's always "he has no clue what he's doing. Terrible play caller, he can't integrate his "shiny new toys". Then when the Hawks offense goes on their ritual multi week tear, everyone's all " He's an offensive genius, he's a mastermind. He needs a 10 year extension!" Then when the offense struggles again, it's back to the same old terrible play caller, he needs to go talk.

Here's what I'd like to see:

1. Invest heavily in the O line
2. OC upgrade
3. O line coach upgrade
4. RCB and SS upgrade
5. Having Richard committed to improving on defense. Every aspect of it. Not ready to write him off yet. I'd love to see him go back to the base press coverage that's been so effective the last few years. I can't stand this cover 3/prevent crap

I'm with ya. Bevell becomes a genius when Russ gets a smidge of protection, but suddenly he's the root of all that's wrong when the OL is getting whipped like rented mule. Then we have the select group that think it's all because of Wilson. Must be just coincidence that neither do well when the OL is getting owned, SIGH!

Overseasfan

Reaction score
1. Get a young, explosive DT who can pressure the middle during a pass play. FA is probably the best option here as I can only see a very high round pick working out otherwise. Keep either Rubin or Mebane next to the young guy to keep the consistency in the run game.

2. Get at least one solid veteran Olineman through FA, either keep Okung or get someone else (like Alex Mack or Joe Thomas). We'll also need to invest draft picks here but without experience the line would probably barely improve.

3. Make sure to keep Lane and Kearse on affordable deals. They might not be our best players but we're noticeably better with them than without them.

4. Don't keep Sweezy and Irvin. I don't think they are worth the money they would want.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Hope they bring in someone else to evaluate the O Lineman in the draft. If that means axing Cable so be it. They can't keep missing on OL year after year.....

rideaducati

Reaction score
red grenadine":fu4ybmcf said:
1. A new LT
2. A new LG
3. A new C
4. A new RG
5. A new RT
6. A new offensive coordinator or an exorcism of Bad Bevell
8. A new offensive line coach after we fire Cable

That's just what is needed...if you want to see another season like the one that just ended. Those guys were thrown together in week three of the preseason and just like EVERY good offensive line, it took TIME TOGETHER for them to get better. Tearing the line apart and starting over would be dumb. Letting them continue to work TOGETHER will only continue the improvement we have seen throughout the season.

Cable did a very good job with what he was given. The line is the most athletic we have ever seen in Seattle and changing the line coach would just set the guys back.

You guys remind me of the people that wanted Pete gone after two 7-9 seasons. All you see is the bad, but completely miss the constant improvement...and there has been constant improvement. Cable isn't and shouldn't be going anywhere.

crosfam

Reaction score
Almost every team in he NFL wants better OL play. I think our coaches have the right idea, and I doubt we will overpay for another teams FA. I see a draft pick or two, and if in the first three rounds, maybe new starters. I think Gilliam may be an all-pro soon, RT or maybe even LT.

Zorn76

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2pltlwnu said:
The offense ranked #4 in the regular season. Pete will point to that as a reason to keep everyone. Honestly, sometimes I wish we'd just get our asses kicked to prompt us to start dropping the axe.

And he's loyal...to a fault.

The ranking doesn't tell the whole story, though, and I believe Carroll recognizes that as well. But, ultimately, he probably gives a pass to Tom and Darrell, which is unfortunate.

Davidess

Reaction score
the get rid of Bevell crap needs to stop.
he didn't even call a bad game last game and everyone is crapping on him.
when players don't execute correctly that is what happens.
when the Oline excels the Offense runs like a fat kid at a chocolate factory.
We saw it all the way up until the rams game (one of the best D-lines in the league)

Bevell is playing with a crap Oline tbh. Kawann short worked the lowly Justin Britt until the second half. RW stands in the pocket for 6 seconds then gets sacked by a delayed blitz CB. that's on RW not on the oline or bevell. RW over threw Baldwin on a wide open slant & go ( beautiful route running by Baldwin btw)

a lot of those sacks can be blamed on the oline for sure but RW needs to learn to throw it away and remember that not every play can be won and to look to the next play.

those are not on Bevell. up until that Oline faces a dominating Dline Bevells play calling is superb. then when they face the Rams/Panthers. uh oh fire bevell. the fire bevell thing is a cop out. fix the Oline fix the problem!

*takes a deep breath*

WHERES THE TYLENOL!?

Largent80

Reaction score
Matador capes for the O-Line. If they are going to whiff so much, might as well look good doing it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rideaducati":3qhg9spt said:
red grenadine":3qhg9spt said:
1. A new LT
2. A new LG
3. A new C
4. A new RG
5. A new RT
6. A new offensive coordinator or an exorcism of Bad Bevell
8. A new offensive line coach after we fire Cable

That's just what is needed...if you want to see another season like the one that just ended. Those guys were thrown together in week three of the preseason and just like EVERY good offensive line, it took TIME TOGETHER for them to get better. Tearing the line apart and starting over would be dumb. Letting them continue to work TOGETHER will only continue the improvement we have seen throughout the season.

Cable did a very good job with what he was given. The line is the most athletic we have ever seen in Seattle and changing the line coach would just set the guys back.

You guys remind me of the people that wanted Pete gone after two 7-9 seasons. All you see is the bad, but completely miss the constant improvement...and there has been constant improvement. Cable isn't and shouldn't be going anywhere.

Naw, yew kin jus change OL players like bolt-awn car parts and git instint improvement! Donchew know anything?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Davidess":gtc6a8ap said:
the get rid of Bevell crap needs to stop.
he didn't even call a bad game last game and everyone is crapping on him.
when players don't execute correctly that is what happens.
when the Oline excels the Offense runs like a fat kid at a chocolate factory.
We saw it all the way up until the rams game (one of the best D-lines in the league)

Bevell is playing with a crap Oline tbh. Kawann short worked the lowly Justin Britt until the second half. RW stands in the pocket for 6 seconds then gets sacked by a delayed blitz CB. that's on RW not on the oline or bevell. RW over threw Baldwin on a wide open slant & go ( beautiful route running by Baldwin btw)

a lot of those sacks can be blamed on the oline for sure but RW needs to learn to throw it away and remember that not every play can be won and to look to the next play.

those are not on Bevell. up until that Oline faces a dominating Dline Bevells play calling is superb. then when they face the Rams/Panthers. uh oh fire bevell. the fire bevell thing is a cop out. fix the Oline fix the problem!

*takes a deep breath*

WHERES THE TYLENOL!?

LOL! My Grandfather was one of the smartest people I knew, but you couldn't pry him away from the TV if football was on. He use to talk about how important having a decent OL is to the O as whole.

We get a surprising amount of posters who feel OL should be some secondary worry when compared with getting playmakers at skill positions. I feel that comes from staring at too many stat sheets and regular-season games. Most of the defenses we meet in reg season aren't anywhere as good as what we'll see in the playoffs. Exhibit A: The Rams game 2 was actually reg. season, but that is playoff caliber D. They destroyed any hope of us getting the ball into the hands of our playmakers by totally trashing the OL, particularly the interior, which makes for a very long day at QB. Exhibit B: Vikings were more of the same, although weather played another significant role. Regardless, they were living in our backfield. Then came the Panthers, with a solid blueprint of how to defeat the gimmicks that masked our poor OL play. You can "fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time," and our time had run out when the post season arrived.