Oh What A Relief It Is

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
What a blessing to have an entire gameday week go by without that constant "drill your teef" tension for 3 hours on Sunday. The game was contentious but not to the point of yanking your hair out. Especially with the upcoming week pre-loaded.
I'll admit to being frustrated with the "let 'em score" thing that went down the last 4-6 minutes, but we were in firm enough control I was just watching the clock and counting it down. So proud of the guys filling in for others stepping up and looking fine.
Thanks Seahawks, for the better kind of brain break.
Now let's go get Buffalo!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's a great point. My wife and I were talking about how nice it was to win comfortably. And yes, they had some garbage time yards and points. But......a 23 point lead with less than 10 minutes, that game was done. The prevent thing is absolutely annoying, but at this point, you know that's how they are gonna' roll. :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Blitzing can lead to broken coverages and big chunk plays, which means quick scores. Yeah, it's annoying, but in the right situation it works. Coaches and players don't care about point spreads (or at least they shouldn't ;)).

GO HAWKS!!!

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":1auztk0i said:
Blitzing can lead to broken coverages and big chunk plays, which means quick scores. Yeah, it's annoying, but in the right situation it works. Coaches and players don't care about point spreads (or at least they shouldn't ;)).

GO HAWKS!!!

great point.... Brady, Bree's and Rodgers will make ya pay if they Blitz to much... That D line has to hold its own...

LTH

sutz

Reaction score
LTH":dl4b9gnl said:
sutz":dl4b9gnl said:

GO HAWKS!!!

great point.... Brady, Bree's and Rodgers will make ya pay if they Blitz to much... That D line has to hold its own...

LTH
Some of out best efforts have used a lot of 3 man rush. Gives up yards underneath, but protects from the over the top stuff, well most of the time. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
LTH":1xla8445 said:
sutz":1xla8445 said:

GO HAWKS!!!

LTH

Those guys make you pay if you DON'T get pressure just as much or more than if you do.
You win some, you lose some. But if you don't try you lose them all!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yesterday was definitely just what the Dr. ordered.

Solid mistake free football easily dispatching a conference opponent, and most importantly no major injuries.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
I'll admit, I didn't know how to feel yesterday in the 4th quarter with my blood and heart rate running normal and my defibrillator in the closet.

AirStrike

Reaction score
I haven’t felt that good during a Seahawks Sunday in awhile and it felt like we were missing half our team. When we get everyone back this teams going to be a real problem.

tersal

Reaction score
sutz":3m9x9w08 said:

GO HAWKS!!!
The Hawks do not play the prevent defense well. The 49ers had two touchdown drives in less than two and a half minutes. Eighty yards and Eighty one yards, Prevent defense trades yards by having the other team chew up the clock. That did not happen as Mullens was completing passes for over twenty yards. Also holding the 49ers to a field goal wouldhave been nice, The fourth quarter ruined what otherwise was easily the best defensive performance of the season.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It got a bit too close for my comfort. It was a barely missed two-point conversion from being a one-score game. The script was starting to look suspiciously like a couple of this season's nail biters.

But it was definitely easy to watch for a Seahawks game. But "for a Seahawks game" is a hell of a caveat.

Latest posts