Our Most valuable tradable players

seabowl

Reaction score
QuahHawk":2tka9xlm said:
SoulfishHawk":2tka9xlm said:
Thx for posting those numbers, Chapow. That's some damn good production on that rookie deal.

It is great production, and his value is at it's peak. DK and Russ seem like the only two trade chips we have that can get us anything back.

Without DK would we still be a 7-10 Team this year? How about next year when he is a $20mil APY player. Selling high should be on the table.

The point is, how do you get better with no first round picks, and assuming we keep Russ?

Most likely scenarios
Change Coaches
Add Free Agents

With regards to DK it's not about his production vs his contract number but rather what he could produce with a QB that gets him the ball in the right scheme. Could you imagine DK on Green Bay with Rodgers throwing to him? He would be insane.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For a team that needs to ADD talent, there sure is a lot of talk about trading several of our best players :34853_doh:

Chapow

Reaction score
QuahHawk":1dw0848s said:
SoulfishHawk":1dw0848s said:
Thx for posting those numbers, Chapow. That's some damn good production on that rookie deal.

It is great production, and his value is at it's peak. DK and Russ seem like the only two trade chips we have that can get us anything back.

Without DK would we still be a 7-10 Team this year? How about next year when he is a $20mil APY player. Selling high should be on the table.

The point is, how do you get better with no first round picks, and assuming we keep Russ?

Most likely scenarios
Change Coaches
Add Free Agents

We still have relatively high picks in the 2nd and 3rd, and two high picks in the 4th, plus our 5th and 7th rounders. We have done well in the past with UDFA's. It's also my understanding that we are in pretty good shape in regards to the salary cap, so free agency is another avenue.

Yes, it would be nice to have a first round pick, but there are plenty of other ways to acquire players and get better.

I'm pretty skeptical that getting rid of one of very best players on offense (DK) in exchange for a draft pick or two would make this team better. It would also open up a massive hole that would need to be filled (WR2), and the chances that hole would be filled with a lesser player are very high. You say we need to be a run first team, but it's much easier to shut down a running game if there are no threats in the passing game other than Lockett.

Chapow

Reaction score
seabowl":hq7i29tt said:
QuahHawk":hq7i29tt said:
SoulfishHawk":hq7i29tt said:

Most likely scenarios
Change Coaches
Add Free Agents

With regards to DK it's not about his production vs his contract number but rather what he could produce with a QB that gets him the ball in the right scheme. Could you imagine DK on Green Bay with Rodgers throwing to him? He would be insane.

So the logic here is, even though DK is providing exceptional value, and very good production to the Seahawks, we should trade him to a team we have to compete against because he would be even better there?

Call me crazy, but I don't like that idea.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I would think DK wouldn't take less than $25 million per year and might very well ask for more. I would seriously consider trading him.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If you can only get two firsts for Wilson and two first for DK and you have to trade one who do you trade?

Throwdown

Reaction score
QuahHawk":2nn3hbq5 said:
If you can only get two firsts for Wilson and two first for DK and you have to trade one who do you trade?

Russ, if he doesn’t want to be here and is gonna bolt after his contract is up I don’t see the point in holding on. Sell high on a declining asset while you can.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":9v1lg9st said:
QuahHawk":9v1lg9st said:

Russ, if he doesn’t want to be here and is gonna bolt after his contract is up I don’t see the point in holding on. Sell high on a declining asset while you can.

Sold high ona dining assets. Now DK is. Piece that would make it pretty easy for a different QB.

Rat

Reaction score
Spohawks":90tas8ca said:
You will never convince me that which ever teams are selecting 27-32 and are in need of a MLB wouldn't trade their pick for Wagner and his 500 tackles last year. The dude shows no sign of slowing down, he is worth a 1st all day!
Damn, I was really looking forward to getting another first rounder.