Packers fined $300,000 for COVID violations

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
What I dont get with this whole thing is the timing.. if the league knew Rodgers and Lazard were unvaxxed the whole time why are they getting fined right now? Right after the public found out. Clearly a save face move by the NFL that makes no sense

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Suspensions?

It's Aaron Rodgers! C'mon, who really thought they'd suspend Aaron Rodgers? He's an NFL role model after all. Oops almost forgot :sarcasm_on:

The league has proven itself to be false as far as player safety. In the end when greed meets principle, greed wins.

Is Rodgers behaviour only just over 2X financially more egregious than hugging a goalpost? Apparently so.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Mizak":3u4ahutv said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32593729/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-allen-lazard-fined-covid-19-protocol-violations-source-says

Aaron Rodgers and WR Allen Lazard each fined nearly $15K cuz they attended the same party and maybe got COVID from the party thus they violated the COVID regulations.

15K!!!!!!

Dang. I hope he hits all the incentives in his contract, otherwise how is he going to feed his family ?????

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Why is this a surprise to anybody? The NFL doesnt care about anything except for money. I said at the beginning of the year when the league was talking about showing proof of vaccinations that if it caused a drop in attendance the league would do away with it all together. As it is, they have made it so lax that it doesnt even matter at this point.

Money makes the world go around and the NFL is a business.

balakoth

Reaction score
Suspensions for what exactly? He chose to bring more risk to his health and did nothing to harm others his choice. Yeah he didn't wear a mask at the podium... wooptedo.

Fine em.. and move on. All this is kinda just slightly ridiculous

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
jammerhawk":59t00r5k said:
Suspensions?

It's Aaron Rodgers! C'mon, who really thought they'd suspend Aaron Rodgers? He's an NFL role model after all. Oops almost forgot :sarcasm_on:

The league has proven itself to be false as far as player safety. In the end when greed meets principle, greed wins.

Is Rodgers behaviour only just over 2X financially more egregious than hugging a goalpost? Apparently so.

Again.. suspended for what exactly? The NFL knew he wasnt vaxxed, if they were gonna suspend him for anything why now? Theyve known about what he has and hasnt done at the facility and around team mates for months.

xray

Reaction score
OMG...hands to face ... :shock:

xray

Reaction score
State Farm says he's still gold for them . The fix is in for the SB obviously . That's show biz . :D

ZagHawk

Reaction score
After seeing how carefully they check COVID cards for attendees of the game (full sarcasm), yeah this whole thing is such a joke. (Not COVID, COVID is not a joke, but the NFL pretending like it actually cares about protecting it's players or fans).

hawker84

Reaction score
For those asking suspended for what, he broke the rules. End of story. If you or I broke our employers rules we would be sent home without pay for a day or 3. It's called consequences..

People at my work are about to lose their jobs over vaccine mandates, and this asshat get a slap on the pee pee? Aint right...

Personally I hope he plays, but I do not think the punishment fits the crime... for the org as well...

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawker84":3jl810sd said:
For those asking suspended for what, he broke the rules. End of story. If you or I broke our employers rules we would be sent home without pay for a day or 3. It's called consequences..

People at my work are about to lose their jobs over vaccine mandates, and this asshat get a slap on the pee pee? Aint right...

Personally I hope he plays, but I do not think the punishment fits the crime... for the org as well...

If he broke the rules the NFL knew about it.. again for months! And chose do to nothing disciplinary.. only now they are slapping him on the wrist because the public discovered (should be no ones business anyhow) they he didnt get the jab.

But no.. still stand there saying "suspend suspend suspend" like zombies when it makes zero sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
How many games have they suspended Adderall players, all that does is really enhance focus.

Rodgers endangered people across the board, intentionally circumvented protocols, lied about it multiple times.

oh 14,650, now land on chance and go to the Game on Sunday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And a player got MORE of a fine for an untucked jersey.

Not much else needs to be said about the NFL and how they let certain players do whatever they want.