Parallax in Bellingham

Parallax

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just foun Seahawks.net. I'm looking for a new place. Was hanging on another site but it wasn't the right fit, for reasons I can get into at another time if anyone's interested. I've been checking out some new places. Most of all, I'd like to find a place to watch the games with others who are knowledgeable, calm and mature (no flaming), with enough activity to keep things interesting but not so much that one doesn't have a sense of who the participants are. Ideally, with time, I'd like to feel as if I were with friends.

sutz

Reaction score
Welcome, but if you're looking for knowledgeable, calm and mature (no flaming), you might be disappointed.

Oh, and if you want those parameters definitely stay away from the Gameday Forum. :LOL:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just foun Seahawks.net. I'm looking for a new place. Was hanging on another site but it wasn't the right fit, for reasons I can get into at another time if anyone's interested. I've been checking out some new places. Most of all, I'd like to find a place to watch the games with others who are knowledgeable, calm and mature (no flaming), with enough activity to keep things interesting but not so much that one doesn't have a sense of who the participants are. Ideally, with time, I'd like to feel as if I were with friends.

I used to hang around the Seahawks-fan forum with the silly name - the one that's part of SBNation. I left there in November of 2020 for a few reasons.
First, they had changed the interface, and it was awful, and that already had me thinking about whether there might be a better place around.
And then I got reported and given a temporary ban for two things. One was sexism, for referring to the Santa Clara team's QB at the time as "Janeane Garofalo." Sexism wasn't my intent, but I get it and probably could have accepted the temporary ban if it'd just been that. But the other thing was "personal attacks" for referring to the Santa Clara team as the Gold Diggers. I figured that if the mods were going to accept that accusation (and both were pretty obviously made by a 49ers fan, there was no point in even trying to hang around there. I never went back.
As @sutz says above, if you're here for "knowledgeable, calm, and mature (no flaming)," you're going to be disappointed, especially in the game threads in the gameday forum during games.
That said, there are some things about this place that make it worthwhile. I'm still here three years later and I don't miss the blog with the silly name at all.
In any case, welcome!

sutz

Reaction score
Actually, there is some great discussion around here. Sometimes you have to dig for it, though. :)

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Welcome, Parallax! I know several folks in Bellingham - all of who worked at the Bellingham Herald. I met up with two of them when I was in the Seattle area back in 1996 - we and several Seattleites spent a very enjoyable afternoon/night in Seattle, and I just managed to wobble onto the last ferry to Bainbridge Island for the night. Mt Baker must be a very spectacular view from Bellingham!