Patriots bills

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

506sports.com says they’re delaying the maps because of the Damar situation. This would be the only reason why.

If Cincy has to play their game, can’t see why that doesn’t apply to the Bills and to the Patriots, who were not even at mnf. If Bills really don’t want to play, they should forfeit.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

506sports.com says they’re delaying the maps because of the Damar situation. This would be the only reason why.

If Cincy has to play their game, can’t see why that doesn’t apply to the Bills and to the Patriots, who were not even at mnf. If Bills really don’t want to play, they should forfeit.
Agree with if the Bills are not ready to play they would need to forfeit. I feel sorry about what happened to Hamlin and the Bills but life goes on.

renofox

Reaction score
Agree with if the Bills are not ready to play they would need to forfeit. I feel sorry about what happened to Hamlin and the Bills but life goes on.
(y)

Why are so many people so weak, nowadays? Being unable to function days after witnessing a semi-tragedy (he is alive and improving, right?) shows some form of mental disorder, or at least a complete weakness of character.

What is happening to people to make them like this?

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
^
(y)

Why are so many people so weak, nowadays? Being unable to function days after witnessing a semi-tragedy (he is alive and improving, right?) shows some form of mental disorder, or at least a complete weakness of character.

Ever witness cpr being done on a dead guy? Especially someone you know? Not an easy sight to just forget about...

Mizak

Reaction score
(y)

If Hamlin was a Seahawk, pretty sure you wouldn’t have typed that.

renofox

Reaction score
^
Ever witness cpr being done on a dead guy? Especially someone you know? Not an easy sight to just forget about...
As a combat veteran, I've witnessed much worse than that. I did not "just forget about" it, but I did draw strength from those around me and continued to do my job.

As a civilian, I've witnessed much worse to friends and immediate family members. I did not lose my ability to be a functional human being.

It takes time to process and regroup when someone close to you dies, but a friend surviving a heart attack and you can't do your job a week later? You have "issues".

Cyrus12

Reaction score
As a combat veteran, I've witnessed much worse than that. I did not "just forget about" it, but I did draw strength from those around me and continued to do my job.

As a civilian, I've witnessed much worse to friends and immediate family members. I did not lose my ability to be a functional human being.

It takes time to process and regroup when someone close to you dies, but a friend surviving a heart attack and you can't do your job a week later? You have "issues".
I'm going to guess none of these guys have ever witnessed anything like that on Monday. Do I think they should play this weekend..yes..but are they over it or won't have any issues absolutely not.

QWERTY

Reaction score
(y)

Because there are normal people like us, and there are celebrities or athletes that live in a different world.

knownone

Reaction score
The NFL is only considering postponement out of fear of backlash. The best-case scenario for them is the Bills coming out in support of playing; otherwise, the NFL will be cast as a greedy corporation putting profits over the mental well-being of their employees.

renofox

Reaction score
Because there are normal people like us, and there are celebrities or athletes that live in a different world.
I think you make a good point. I hadn't thought about it that way but being in "the program" many of these young men have probably led very sheltered lives.

If you haven't had to deal with tough situations in your life it may be harder to deal with it. But someone needs to tell them to grow up and learn the concepts of responsibility and self-control.

renofox

Reaction score
I'm going to guess none of these guys have ever witnessed anything like that on Monday. Do I think they should play this weekend..yes..but are they over it or won't have any issues absolutely not.
You're right, and I don't think anybody should expect them to just get over it - processing such events and making peace with it takes more than a week.

But allowing events to impact your functionality for too long is not healthy.

Co-worker surviving a heart attack? A day or two relieved of duty should be more than sufficient for any normal person.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Let me clarify with what I wrote. Yes these athletes may have grown childhood problems where their families past away. But once they are millionaires and rich, they live in a different society than we normal players do.

JPatera76

Reaction score
1. Keep it civil and ON TRACK

2. I too am a combat veteran, however my experiences vs their experiences differ. They're going to handle the situation differently than I or any other veteran probably would. It doesn't make them weak or soft and its surely not a sign of a mental disorder. What they witnessed for them could've been eye opening, altering and tragic.

A "Normal Person" is going to process it differently. To bash on them for handling it differently is outright blind, foolish, and pure ignorance.
And renofox, you're contradicting yourself when you agree, and you state, " I don't think people should expect them to just get over it and processing such events and making peace with it takes more than a week" but then go on to say "Co-worker surviving a heart attack? A day or two relieved of duty should be more than sufficient for any normal person." You cannot expect 2 days for someone to "just get over it" with whatever is going on its situational and depend on the relationship of the individuals. As a Sports team they're like brothers and from the sound of it, he was pretty close with his teammates and is a great and respected one as well.

I do agree with your statement of "But allowing events to impact your functionality for too long is not healthy." But once again people process stuff differently and this isn't the military, and this isn't a combat zone where they have to "Charlie Mike".

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Zac Taylor told his players that having a job to do and keeping Damar in their hearts were goals they would both accomplish. Burrows and other players have embraced that.

The Bills from what I read did A short walkthrough, and when they did, they were crying.

If they Can’t practice today, they need to think about forfeiting. If the Patriots wish to join them in that, they would lose contention for the 7 th seed.