Paul Moyer saying Hello

Themoyers21

Reaction score
I thought I’d join this forum and pop in from time to time. Dave Wyman Bob Stelton and I will be doing a big draft stream tomorrow on Seattle Sports from 5:30 PM to 9 PM.

But I’m a fan just like you all and we share a few comments when I have a chance

Hope y’all have a great draft this week.

Go Hawks!

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Welcome Paul. Watched you on the Seahawks forever podcast with Dan viens a few weeks back. Was a great show. Welcome to the board

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I remember when Joe Tafoya was present on this board several years ago. It's always cool when that sort of thing happens.

Welcome, Paul, getting your insights here will be fun!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I thought I’d join this forum and pop in from time to time. Dave Wyman Bob Stelton and I will be doing a big draft stream tomorrow on Seattle Sports from 5:30 PM to 9 PM.

But I’m a fan just like you all and we share a few comments when I have a chance

Go Hawks!
Thanks for popping in Paul. One of the great things about this board is there's plenty of us who love talking about the old days, so I think you definitely qualify as a legend. Don't be a stranger!

As an aside --- I worked at Swedish Hospital back in the '80s, so I had access to records of many player injuries that came through the door... including some of the more **ahem** disburbing ones.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nice to see you here Paul, remember your playing days, looking forward to any insights and contributions you can grace us with.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Mr. Moyer, I've been a Seahawks fan since 1976, and for most of that time, I was the only Seahawks fan I knew, because I grew up in Maine and never even visited the Pacific Northwest until my first (and so far, only) trip to Seattle in 2019. In 1984 and 1986, my dad took me down to Foxborough to see the Seahawks.

The first half of the '84 Seahawks game in Foxborough was pretty good. The second half, not so much. The day was still special for me because I got to go to an NFL game with my dad and I also got to tell my first childhood sports hero, Jim Zorn, to his face that I had had his autographed picture framed on my wall in Kennebunk, Maine for years. He was Krieg's backup at that point, but he was the player I was most thrilled to see in person.

The on-the-field result in the '86 game was better. I'm certain you remember it, but I'll describe it for fellow fans who either didn't see it at all or did see it, but don't remember a specific game from more than 37 years ago. The Seahawks game in Foxborough in '86 was a battle all day, with the Seahawks going up by seven early and falling behind by 10 points three times. The third time was in the fourth quarter, with the home team going up 31-21 on the Seahawks on a touchdown by Stanley Morgan with just a few minutes left in the game. After a Seahawks field goal, the game was tied again at 31 when the Seahawks blocked a punt and you, Mr. Moyer, recovered the ball in the end zone for a touchdown with just over two minutes left in the game (and Norm Johnson made the extra point). I was there, and I was one of the very few people in the stands who really enjoyed that moment.
For those who don't remember that game, the Seahawks even managed to score another touchdown in regulation, winning 38-31 without needing overtime.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Moyer Out! Losers!"

Love that. Loved Adam Rays impression of Moyer, Ryan Rowland Smith "George Keerrrby" "Poodcast" :p

Love that you're on with Wyman and Bob once a week, and Dave Krieg is always a treat. Is he always that wound?

OP
OP
T

Themoyers21

Reaction score
Thanks for popping in Paul. One of the great things about this board is there's plenty of us who love talking about the old days, so I think you definitely qualify as a legend. Don't be a stranger!

As an aside --- I worked at Swedish Hospital back in the '80s, so I had access to records of many player injuries that came through the door... including some of the more **ahem** disburbing ones.
Well I guess that was my claim to fame-:). But I did finish the game!!

pmedic920

Reaction score

Go Hawks!
I’m late to the welcome party, for that I apologize.
On behalf of our ownership, the rest of the staff, and all of our members, here’s a huge “welcome aboard”. We’re glad you’re here.

I’d like to direct your attention to a fairly new sub-forum for us.

“Students of the Game”

Should you find yourself with time to post, your thoughts and insights would be highly appreciated.
Now that the draft has wrapped up, I/we would love to hear how you think the new staff did.

Again, welcome to the best Seahawk/NFL fan forum available.