Penny out for Saturday

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous that someone could look at Penny average over 6 yards per carry and put up 750 yards in just 6 starts last year and be like "Lol! That guy sucks!"

We watching the same game?

Hell, are we watching the same SPORT?
I think if you did a summation with the stats on those games they could be more telling than the number are.

Penny had good games against pretty inferior opponents.

He showed nothing in the game against the Rams.

I’ll take seeing Penny over the course of his rookie contract over a few good games against bad teams.

Those “good” games Penny had does not accurately describe the career Penny has had in Seattle.

Which has been for most parts, considering, Penny, was a high draft pick, a miss.

I think we should understand one thing, resigning Penny, was more so, “insurance” for depth rather than trusting his talents.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Penny was a cap casualty, or even traded somehow, maybe, not this year but later.

The return on investment for Penny has not been kind to Seattle.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Maelstrom‘s Penny bias now exceeds John63’s Russell Wilson bias. I didn’t think it could happen but it has.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Most of the injuries Penny has had don't even occur on game day though. Really doubt its a usage issue with Penny at least. He seems to get injured stepping out of the shower. I hope he is great this year but the ypc arguments don't hold a lot of water with me. Yes, he ripped off some really nice runs last year against some of the worst D's last year (and his career possibly being over had he not done so) but I frankly doubt he plays more than 8 games this year as a starter. Actually I expect less.
He had and was recovering from an ACL injury. Let's not minimize the rehab and what he had to go through to recover from that. Many players don't recover from those types of injuries.

I don't care if he plays in the preseason at all. He doesn't need it and the team knows what he can do already. His job isn't in question. I'd like to see the other guys like Josh Johnson, Homer, and Dallas play the majority to see if one of those can be the 3rd back. That's where the competition is.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Homer is a pass pro first back.
What would he be protecting here? More importantly why?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom‘s Penny bias now exceeds John63’s Russell Wilson bias. I didn’t think it could happen but it has.
Yeah, no. You're the guy who has based your entire personality around hating the guy, and you've been derailing threads for years over it.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that he's been excellent when he's on the field.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Is Penny Marcus Tubbs?
Nope. Just a player that couldn’t hold Nick Chubb‘s jock strap.

Fun discussion about a player who yet again is going to be an absolute zero on the field because he’s not even there.

I do agree that it is preseason so no biggie but it’s just a continuation of a sad tale likely ending this season after he hits the IR list one last time.

King Dog

Reaction score
Honestly, it's fine with me. I don't want him to get a snap until the regular season. We all know how easily he gets injured.