Perspective for the blame game

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ I gotcha (and warm it up before you use it).

HawkGA

Reaction score
Definitely seems like a case of "Rams blew a coverage, Wilson didn't see it" so let's forget the other crappy play calls.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":t5ojrdrb said:
Definitely seems like a case of "Rams blew a coverage, Wilson didn't see it" so let's forget the other crappy play calls.

Nope.

mrt144

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2idebfpt said:
HawkGA":2idebfpt said:

Nope.

Nope? That one Ram defender looks confused as hell.

mikeak

Reaction score
I really hope that getting long completions won't be viewed as the cause why we don't win the superbowl........

erik2690

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it could be hard to account for a team blowing coverage like that pre-snap and post snap the pocket is collapsing as he throws so hard to go through many reads/progressions. Add in the bum ankle and if he likes the match up pre-snap and it then looks good as his first read he will probably let it go.

sdog1981

Reaction score
My point is this. I don't think these guys spend a lot of time talking with each other or have a clear cut "top dog" to sort things out. For example, Tom Cable has stated numerous times that he doesn't like all the O-linemen coming out of college due to the spread offenses in the college game. Then on Sunday I see this Seahawks offense lined up in shotgun almost 80% of the time. They run out of the gun, they throw out of the gun, they run 5 wide. All of these things are indicative of a spread mindset that Bevell is trying to run. So what is up if this team wants an Oline that is a meat grinder why is the team almost never lined up with that type of look. The first part of the Bevell era the Seahawks were running 21 or 22 personnel (2 backs 1 TE and 2 backs 2 TE) An almost pure power run scheme with a lead blocker. Now, this team is looking like some of the running spread teams in college football Ohio State, Auburn, Clemson. They almost never run with a lead blocker and they are running 11,12,01 personnel groups. Who is the voice on the offensive side of the house? Look at some of the most efficient offensive teams in the NFL the teams that are at the top of 3rd down conversions and red zone. They have a plan for every aspect of the offense. This team looks like disjointed on offence the Oline is almost a team unto its self.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
StoneCold":1rsic4wo said:
I'm guilty of allowing hyperbole to skew my comment, as I intended what English clarified and as I've said in other posts during the .Net meltdown. On any play their are 7 or 8 things that could have been just a bit different and change the result. Bevell makes mistakes, Pete makes mistakes, RW , Kam, Marsh even Jeff Fisher. My comments and I believe English's post is push back against the over reaction that we need a major overhaul and will never win another Superb Owl unless we do. Doesn't mean everything is fine. We need the Oline to gel for this season to get going. Could Pete and John have made different decisions and used some of the money they spent on Harvin, Graham or even Jamarcus Webb, to build a better Oline? Yes, but who wasn't psyched when we got Harvin? Me Who didn't do a little Happy Dance when we got Graham? I did the happy dance Harvin was a disaster and Graham hasn't worked out as well as we'd hoped, mostly due to injury (his numbers were quite good last year and getting better). Let's revisit this after 8 games. I will clean and disinfect my rectal thermometer to take the temp of .Net at that time.
Great post SC. May I suggest isopropyl alcohol prior to insertion.

chris98251

Reaction score
That's the play Miller killed teams on, problem is we don't go to it or throw to it much, it would pull coverage into the middle more giving us more separation from the safeties if we did and create match up issues as well. This is either option or design or a vision issue that we don't take advantage of.