Pete has to fix the run game.

Rob12

Reaction score
Need to get it to very good/elite levels again.

Don't think our RB of the future is on the roster yet.

mrt144

Reaction score
Rob12":3f47pomt said:

Then we're screwed because if the flashes of awesome that Rawls and Prosise have shown aren't something to build on, it seems like we have 5 holes on offense - 4 OL and 1 RB

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
mrt144":2yakfb10 said:
Rob12":2yakfb10 said:

Then we're screwed because if the flashes of awesome that Rawls and Prosise have shown aren't something to build on, it seems like we have 5 holes on offense - 4 OL and 1 RB

Can't count on either of those guys. Both have suffered significant injuries.

Think RB is a bigger issue than OL. If Rawls and Prosise could stay on the field I'd think otherwise. This team needs a durable back.

mrt144

Reaction score
Rob12":3l16lw5y said:
mrt144":3l16lw5y said:
Rob12":3l16lw5y said:

Think RB is a bigger issue than OL. If Rawls and Prosise could stay on the field I'd think otherwise. This team needs a durable back.

I'd say RW getting tripped by his own lineman for the 2nd time this season says the OL is more of a concern than RB.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
mrt144":2lbpmkbj said:
Rob12":2lbpmkbj said:
mrt144":2lbpmkbj said:
Rob12":2lbpmkbj said:

I'd say RW getting tripped by his own lineman for the 2nd time this season says the OL is more of a concern than RB.

No, it's really not. Two unfortunate plays comes no where close to having an ineffective run game all season long. I love Rawls, but right now his body of work, going back to his college years even, shows that he is injury prone and streaky. Prosise spent much of his rookie year hurt. I fully agree that the OL needs improved, but my point is the Seahawks without a legitimate running game equals disaster for this offense.

After RW got hurt I'd bet my house that there wasn't a single team in the league that feared or respected our run game this season, and that's a problem.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
We only ran the ball effectively one entire game all season. That was last week. Our first drive showed it too. While I agree we need to draft one this year because both Rawls and Prosise are injury prone, but running back is way down on the list of things we need. Oline, #2 corner, another pass russer, new OC, lock Kris Richard in a room watching film of Dan Quinn's defenses, and a new Oline coach...then depth at running back.

Gio

Reaction score
i wasn't expecting Rawls to be our future RB , but i have to say that guy was tremendous. When Lynch announced retirement the RB i wanted to replace him was Blount. I trully believe that this OLine is a joke. John and Pete need to do something asap. All SB contenders have great OL , we don't. Lets hope they will do their magic tricks and fix this big issue.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
mrt144":2vhe0y00 said:
Rob12":2vhe0y00 said:
mrt144":2vhe0y00 said:
Rob12":2vhe0y00 said:

Yep, fix the line and the run game will be fine. Run game is the least of our worry.
Now, if we had a OL and couldn't run a yard, might be another story.

justafan

Reaction score
My guess is Pete is aleady awake and thinking of ways to get the run game better.I bet he makes it happen too.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
justafan":2wjqtjcl said:
My guess is Pete is aleady awake and thinking of ways to get the run game better.I bet he makes it happen too.

I haven't seen any firings on the media airwaves... so no

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
No rb would succeed behind this line....
I think Rawls, Procise, Collins are fine esp w a year of strength training in offseason for the latter two

Latest posts